Welcome, Guest!
Thursday, 2024-03-28
Please check the donation page for more information.
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum » Discussions » Anime » What anime are you watching?
What anime are you watching?
Rai_ChenDate: Tuesday, 2011-01-11, 6:14 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Moderator
Here, you can share what anime are you currently watching and you can also recommend it if you like...

The anime I'm currently watching is: UraBoku episode 10

Betrayal Knows My Name (裏切りは僕の名前を知っている, Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru), also known as UraBoku, is the title of a Shōjo manga by Odagiri Hotaru. It premiered in the Shōjo magazine Monthly Asuka in October 2005. An anime adaptations began in April 2010 on Chiba TV.

Plot

Sakurai Yuki is a mysterious boy with a mysterious power. Right after he was born, his mother left him near an orphanage, and he was later found. Because of that event, Yuki strives for independence. He hates being a burden to anyone near him, but at the same time, he is afraid of being left alone. Moreover, ever since he can remember he had a strange ability where when he touches others, he can feel their emotion. Unable to control it, he often made insensitive blunders in the past. He later meets with a mysterious yet beautiful man who saves his life, but somehow he feels so nostalgic, like he's met him before. While death threats and his ability increasing, a man who claimed to be his older brother suddenly appears, so what will Yuki do when he learns the truth?

From wikipedia

Even though the manga of UraBoku was premiered in a shoujo magazine, the genre is still shounen-ai...why? Just watch it...!! XD

Message edited by Rai_Chen - Tuesday, 2011-01-11, 6:16 AM

PandoraDate: Tuesday, 2011-01-11, 7:54 AM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Administrator
Lol the anime/manga at the moment i'm going crazy over is D. Gray man, meaning im watching the anime and rereading the manga everything XD

Summary form Manga fox:
D.Gray-man follows the adventures of 15-year-old Allen Walker, whose left arm can transform into a monstrous claw and destroy akuma, evolving machines created by the Millennium Earl to help him destroy humanity. As ordered by his master General Cross Marian, Allen becomes an Exorcist, people who can destroy akuma, for the Black Order, an organization attempting to stop the Earl. He becomes a powerful asset for the Order because he can detect disguised akuma with his left eye. Allen is sent to recover pieces of Innocence, a substance that gives certain people, called Exorcists, the ability to destroy akuma. The Earl decides to call together the Noah Family, superhuman descendants of Noah who can destroy Innocence. Both sides start the search for the Great Heart, the most powerful piece of Innocence that will assure victory to the side that finds it.

Summary form watchanimeon.com:
Akuma, monsters born from dead souls mistakenly recalled by their loved ones to the living world, are the weapons of the Millennium Earl, who is intent on the destruction of the world. Allen Walker has been cursed with an anti-Akuma weapon as his left arm and an eye that sees the former soul of the Akuma since his youth. He is also one of the few who contain "Innocence", a substance that allows him to kill Akuma and fight the Earl. With these powers,

Rai_ChenDate: Friday, 2011-01-14, 4:41 AM | Message # 3
Lieutenant
There's another anime that I'm watching right now together with UraBoku...

Detective Academy Q episode 40...well, I already watched the first episodes 2 years ago and stopped at episode 36, so I'm continuing it right now....

Detective School Q is the story of a group of young students from Class Q of Dan Detective School (DDS), a prestigious and renowned detective academy founded by Morihiko Dan, the most famous detective in Japan, and the adventures and mysteries they unfold and solve together. They eventually work against Pluto, a mysterious organization which creates almost fool-proof plans that only a handful of detectives can solve.

From wikipedia

HirumiDate: Monday, 2011-02-21, 10:23 AM | Message # 4
Private
Group: Reader
You can laugh but right now, I'm into old animes. I was following Dragon Ball Z since some weeks ago and I still have the latest arc to watch but right now, I'm into Sailor Moon where I am at the 3rd season. lol I guess there are no need to do summaries of these stories, right?
I'm also planning to watch afterwards some other animes such as:
- Hourou Musuko: Shuichi Nitori is a 5th grade student who likes to bake and has always been something of a feminine boy. When he transfers to a new school, Shuichi is mistaken for his 6th grade sister on his first day. Then he ends up sitting next to Yoshino Takatsuki, a tall, boyish girl who everyone calls “Takatsuki-kun.” They both have secrets they can’t let anyone know…. (source: mangaupdates)
- Beelzebub: The story follows the "strongest juvenile delinquent" as he watches over the devil king's son (and future devil king) with the fate of the world hanging in the balance. (source: mangaupdates)

RyoutakuDate: Thursday, 2011-02-24, 4:28 AM | Message # 5
Sergeant
Group: Member
Well, i just finished watching the original Dragon Ball series.

Dragon Ball

Genres: action, adventure, comedy, fantasy, science fiction, tournament
Themes: martial arts, superheros

Objectionable content: Mild (mild bad language and/or bloodless violence)

Plot Summary: Bulma is a girl in search of the mystical dragonballs that when brought together grant any wish. In her search she bumps into the owner of one of these balls, a strange boy named Goku. The two then set off together, Bulma in search of the dragonballs and Goku on a quest to become stronger.

But currently watching Trigun.

Trigun

Genres: action, comedy, drama, science fiction

Themes: post-apocalyptic, space western, western

Objectionable content: Significant (bloody violence and/or swearing and/or nudity)

Plot Summary: Vash the Stampede is a gunman on the run with a 60 billion double dollar bounty on his head which has made it difficult for him to go anywhere without being chased and shot at. Every town he ever visits ends up being destroyed because of his pursuers, but miraculously no one ever gets killed. Meryl and Milly are two insurance agents that have been sent to find Vash the Stampede and keep him under surveillance so no more damage is caused. Meryl, who leads the pair, refuses to believe that the man they have met can possibly be the legendary gunman. This spikey haired, gangly, young man is extremely friendly, a pacifist, hates blood and suicide, absolutely loves donuts, and is a dork and a crybaby (far from a notorious outlaw). But there is more to Vash and his past than meets the eye.

mitsukuniDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 8:35 AM | Message # 6
Private
I love UraBoku and D.Gray Man!! But I am currently only chasing 2 series because I'm a little busy with school

Beelzebub
Plot Summary: The story follows the "strongest juvenile delinquent", Oga Tatsumi, a first year in "Ishiyama High" the school for delinquents. One day while sleeping next to a river he sees a man floating down it, he pulls him to shore and the man splits in half revealing a baby boy. This boy is the son of the demon king and he has been chosen as the one to raise it with the baby's demon maid Hilda. The story follows his life with the child and at the delinquent school. (Anime News Network)

Gintama
Plot Summary: Edo-period at Japan suffers a big cultural shock. First, the aliens invaded the earth, overpowered the nation’s government, disbanded carrying swords for the once proud samurais. moreover; these aliens took the people’s jobs and are currently running a sweatshop using them as laborers. going with the flow, Sakata Gintoki, an enigmatic vagrant samurai whose personal trademark is not only his naturally permed silver hair but also his love of anything sweet and addiction to Shonen Jump is making a life out of this chaotic era. He is self employed in a do-it-all shop named Yoruzuya Gin-chan who offers any job for any amount of money. Their jobs range from searching lost kittens and saving the world. (Anime News Network)

This anime had been running till episode 201 but it was back with the second season starting from episode 202 after huge demand. This is definitely one of very favorite series, regardless as an anime or manga :)

Message edited by mitsukuni - Monday, 2011-04-25, 8:36 AM

PucaDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 2:31 PM | Message # 7
Private
Right now I'm watching Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi (awesome) and Bleach.
Quite different isn't it? Ds

lov2hateDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 4:45 PM | Message # 8
Private
humm. right now i am watching Reborn ( just needed to get over the first few chapers, after that couldn't stop watching, lol) Also One Piece ( my all ALL time fav) but other then that I am looking for good anime to watch, so will be comming back to this post as a reference lol.

kotori_chan88Date: Monday, 2011-04-25, 4:53 PM | Message # 9
Private
Right now I'm watching:
-Sekaiichi Hatsukoi: Onodera Ritsu has just transferred from his father's publishing company to Marukawa Shoten. Assigned to the shoujo manga division, he crosses path with the person he'd least expected to meet. Takano Masamune is the editor-in-chief of the division Ritsu's been assigned to, and the two seem get off on the wrong foot right from the very start when Takano unexpectedly kisses him. However, there is more to than what meets the eye: Takano is actually Saga, Ritsu's senpai and high school love, whom Ritsu had thought to have played him for a fool by taking his affections for granted when he confessed and summarily dumped him.

And re-watching:
-Gundam SEED/Destiny: Cosmic Era 71, a war is being fought between the genetically modified Coordinators and the genetically untainted Naturals. During the conflict, a supposed neutral colony comes under attack for harboring new, prototype weapons, the Gundams. In the midst of the chaos, a young teenager, Yamato Kira, manages to secure a Gundam and fights to save his friends’ lives.

I am a Gundam girl haha I'm looking for something new to watch too ^^

smashed_head_angelDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 5:18 PM | Message # 10
Private
I am watching Kekkaishi, Bleach and Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan. I watch whatever spew out by Animax.

kpDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 5:49 PM | Message # 11
Private
I've been watching sekai Ichi Hatsukoi recently, the first part was amazing but the other two, only 3 episodes to date havent been as great, but shall watch the entire series before making an opinion, I love the manga even if Onodera makes me want to give him a big shake and pound some sense into him!

BerylDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 10:43 PM | Message # 12
Private
Lately I have been watching Junjou Romantica. It's really very charming. I will admit though I have netflix streaming and it has ruined my life. They are slowly adding more and more anime and my queue is growing. I loved Soul Eater, the artwork is great and there were a lot of moments that just cracked me up. Next up for me is going to be xxxholic. I have high hopes for this one.

IchigoDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 11:34 PM | Message # 13
Sergeant
Ds
Of course, Aoi Exorcist, sort of read the manga of it before teh anime but I dont think I remember much from the manga. So far from episode 2, its pretty impressive. Artwork quality is a plus. ^o^)/

mitsukuniDate: Tuesday, 2011-04-26, 10:51 AM | Message # 14
Private
Oh, now i remember i'm also watching Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi!! It's so cute!! I read the manga as well but I like the side story of the Kisa more because he's just so cute!!! Junjou Romantica is just plain funny!! Totally brightens up your day just reading or watching it :)

emyshekoDate: Tuesday, 2011-04-26, 10:55 AM | Message # 15
Private
the anime that i'm currently watching is Hanasaku Iroha ..... so far i've only watched one episode but i like the character of the heroine, she is optimistic, helpful and lively. she was not depressed after her mother left her and the harsh treatment of her grandmother didn't discourage her.....

bvanessaDate: Tuesday, 2011-04-26, 11:58 AM | Message # 16
Private
I'm watching Ao no exorcist, deadman wonderland and Kaichu wa maid sama. ao no Exorcist is a great shounen. I like the story and th characters. For deadman wonderland, the first episode made me curious. Kaichu wa maid sama is a cute story. I love romance and comedy^^

blindoniDate: Tuesday, 2011-04-26, 3:24 PM | Message # 17
Private
I'm currently watching and reading Fairy Tail, Ao no Exorcist, and Deadman Wonderland. I just can't wait for them to come out so I can watch them. HOHO

yumikichiDate: Tuesday, 2011-04-26, 5:17 PM | Message # 18
Private
Sekaichi Hatsukoi Kyah I love Shungiku Nakamura-sensei´s works. And rewatching Junjou Romantica

And non BL..hmmm.....Honey and Clover, .hack//Sign, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, Peach Girl, Nana and Saiyuki Requiem

Message edited by yumikichi - Tuesday, 2011-04-26, 5:22 PM

YamiRemusDate: Tuesday, 2011-04-26, 7:17 PM | Message # 19
Private
Right now?Now nothing.
Generally though...
I watch the new Gintama, Ao no exorcist, Fireball Charming,Sket Dance <3 ,Sekaichi Hatsukoi and something old that I guess everyone knows ..Ranma 1/2 XD

BabyRalukutzaDate: Thursday, 2011-04-28, 6:37 AM | Message # 20
Private
Right now i'm watching Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi (i like it very much Kyah especially because it's BL and i love BL animes L ), Sket Dance (it's a funny anime), Fairy Tail, Togainu no Chi and Level E (the last two i already started watching them when they first appeared but i did a little pause and without knowing they already finished airing)

angelineDate: Saturday, 2011-04-30, 2:46 PM | Message # 21
Private
happy Currently im watching sekai-ichi hatsukoi anime ~ i love it so much expecially Nakamura sensei works ~ when watching it u will feel like your heart warming seem like first love hoho

( ^ - ^ ) ~

AvitalDate: Sunday, 2011-05-01, 12:52 PM | Message # 22
Private
Well, I am too busy currently to watch anything, but as soon as I get the time I am going to watch:

• Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi
  • Ao no Exorcist
  • Deadman Wonderland
  • Shiki
  • Aoi Bungaku
  • Shinrei
  • 5 Centimeters per Second
  • One Outs

Some old and some new ones. :D going to be great!

|banksy|

ArielDate: Monday, 2011-05-02, 9:45 PM | Message # 23
Private
I'm watching a lot of anime... I'll list just a few:

One Piece → my favorite manga and anime! OP is fantastic, wonderful!!!

Angel Heart → I was reading the manga and 'gave me the desire' to watch the anime. The anime is good and the OST is magnificent!

City Hunter → same as Angel Heart

Saiyuki → I'm crazy about this manga and anime! All seasons!

Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai → I like the manga and the anime is very funny!

Naruto → don't need presentations. Despite the ups and downs... I keep watching.

Bleach → same as Naruto.

Toriko → I like the manga! I'm waiting for the anime to became better...

As I said before, I'm watching a lot of animes. But it would need too much space to list every one...

utdgavDate: Sunday, 2011-05-08, 11:21 PM | Message # 24
Private
Rewatching Otougizoushi. I find I tend to prefer anime made specifically for the TV medium. Stuff based on manga can be all over the map; good, bad, strange or no endings, weird art, a copy of the manga or entirely unlrelated to the manga of the same title, etc...

Jergens011Date: Monday, 2011-05-09, 3:28 AM | Message # 25
Private
Nowadays, ive been watching Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi tv series its cute and Bleach.

mojoxphileDate: Monday, 2011-05-09, 8:12 AM | Message # 26
Private
I'm rewatching an older series called Hikaru no go. The premise of playing go seems a bit dull but they make it intense and exciting, even if I don't get how/what they're actually doing. Also hints of shonen ai leanings kinda got my attention, esp btwn Hikaru and Tooru.

RenleekDate: Monday, 2011-05-09, 9:52 AM | Message # 27
Private
Lately I've started to watch Beelzebub which is hilarious (and SOOO slashable). LOVE it so I'll definitely be reading the manga.

Actually, I've caught up to my favorite animanga of all time recently so you can say I'm also watching that, it's One Piece. I just adore this series to death, always have. OG OG It's started to get really interesting but also extremely sad so I'm really looking forward to the next chapters and episodes.

GuDate: Monday, 2011-05-09, 10:55 AM | Message # 28
Private
I have just finished watching Kekkaishi and I love it.
Now I trying to catch up with the manga from book 1 onwards.

Added (2011-05-09, 10:55 Am)
---------------------------------------------
I am currently catching up on Bleach. I just started on this anime, and discover it over 300 episodes.
Anyone knows how the story end?
I also getting my weekly fill of the rise of the yokai clan.
And yes I have completed Maid Sama too. Love it. LU

yuuDate: Monday, 2011-05-09, 4:18 PM | Message # 29
Private
Well... for some time I was taking a little break from anime. Then I saw that new series of xxHolic was subbed (Ro).
After watching it I had sudden urge to re-watch the whole serie^^ I kind of found new angle and scenes in it L . Well after this I just had to start manga re-reading HOHO Kind of never ending circle HOHO

RisaDate: Monday, 2011-05-09, 7:08 PM | Message # 30
Private
I'm currently watching... Naruto, One Piece, and Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi. In the past I used to watch bleach and Inuyasha, but I have since lost interest. Bleach has become a big disappointment.

noopDate: Tuesday, 2011-05-10, 1:13 AM | Message # 31
Private
I'm watching Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi which I'm really enjoying because it's been a long time since I've watched a bl series. I'm also watching Steins;Gate which is really slow but I like the characters and the story is slowly making more sense so I'm starting to like it. Also, Tiger & Bunny is the best series that i'm watching now! The characters are so fun and interesting and the two main characters are so slashy. It's not bl but it may as well be. Kyah

MrKorrrnDate: Monday, 2011-05-16, 7:49 PM | Message # 32
Private
Humm what am I not watching I barely have any time as it is now to clean this sure aint helping :P

One Piece

The world only god knows

Naruto

Bleach

Hoshizora e bla bla bla...

umm a few more.. or I guess most of whats airing now :P so much to do and so little time shock

aryDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 4:57 AM | Message # 33
Private
since the season is switching it is hard to say bot hansaku iroha digimon xross waiting for the new last exile and some others

hinshihoushiDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 5:04 AM | Message # 34
Private
Just finished Sekaiichi Hatsukoi, Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai (great), C -The Money of Soul and Possibility Control, Deadman Wonderland, Dog Days, Gosick, Hidan no Aria, Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai 2 and Yondemasuyo Azazel-san 2011. Still ongoing are Naruto, Bleach, SKET Dance, Ao no Exorcist, Fairy Tail, Break Blade, Seikon no Qwaser II and Tiger & Bunny (love it). Watching some old stuff right now too, Like Lodoss and Gallery Fake.

valeDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 5:44 AM | Message # 35
Private
This season I only watched Sekaiichi Hatsukoi... now I'm going to watch Nurarihyon no mago 2nd season, Sacred seven (just because I really looove mecha!), Ikoku Meiro no Croisée (I read the manga and I want to see how is the anime) and probably Kami-sama no Memo-chou (a mistery is a must...).

ХейкаDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 10:54 AM | Message # 36
Private
Well, for now i watch Deadmen wonderland (really like artwork there) , Sekaiichi Hatsukoi, wouldn't even miss yaoi anime!! and Beelzebub (very funny anime)

BeaTru13Date: Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 12:52 PM | Message # 37
Private
Right now i watch Beelzebub Yay ( One of my favorites) Umineko no nako koro ni and Blade ( Like the 3 movies and the first ep of the anime is not so bad as i thought)

What if I wanted to fight, Beg for the rest of my life? Come break me down, Bury me, bury me ,I am finished with you.

Nino007Date: Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 1:00 PM | Message # 38
Private
Right now, I'm following T&B, Sacred Seven, Blood-C, and No.6, Dantalion, Usagi Drop, and Penguin Drum when they air. The summer line up is very promising.

piratetrishDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 10:14 PM | Message # 39
Private
#1 thanks to everyone's posts here - now I have an even larger list of things to check out.
I'm watching old anime - because I bought it! So X-1999 which I actually liked more than the comic! Vision of Escaflowne, Slayers, and Utena are next in the queue!

BluesakeDate: Monday, 2011-07-25, 8:54 PM | Message # 40
Private
I am currently watching a couple of shows at the moment. Like Bleach, One piece, Fairy Tail, Detective Conan. I was watching other shows but I either lost interest or waiting for more eps to come out.

YaoilovertashDate: Monday, 2011-07-25, 10:23 PM | Message # 41
Private
The anime I'm currently watching is Natsume Yuujinchou because there's is something that's really charming about both the anime and manga. I never expected the anime to last long because most of the animes that I enjoyed in the past usually ended with one season but this anime is currently in it's third season and each episode is very heart-warming. I believe there are some shounen-ai hints in this anime too but it might just be overactive yaoi mindset.

shinjouDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 0:40 AM | Message # 42
Private
rarely watch anime nowadays, but animax is playing nurarihyon no mago and that's what i'm watching right now. i think it's almost the climax now. really prefer to read the manga tho. hehehhe....

also re-watching junjou romantica. so cute as always... Kyah Kyah

juceDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 3:06 AM | Message # 43
Private
Currently I'm watching Uta no Prince-sama: Maji Love 1000%
The anime is adapted from a game, where a girl named Nanami is accepted to a prestigious music academy. She makes several (male) friends and slowly develops her skills as a composer. Here is the summary from andb:

Due to her admiration of popular idol HAYATO, Nanami Haruka dreams of becoming a music producer. For this reason, she enrolls in the music producer course of Saotome Academy. At this Academy, she will be paired with someone from the idol course. Together, the pair will work together until graduation.

When she arrives at Saotome, she soon discovers that there are six extremely dashing guys she can potentially partner with.

The guys are ravishing and the story is interesting. There was an anime like this (La Corda Doro) which I didn't like one bit; it is refreshing to see a decent anime with this kind of setting.

Message edited by juce - Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 3:07 AM

CharliseDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 4:04 AM | Message # 44
Private
Yesterday I have been watching Junjou Romantica for the 10th time. I love this anime so much. And today I began Tide-Line Blue, it was an advice of my classmate. But I think, Romantica is better HOHO

jesbDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 8:50 AM | Message # 45
Private
I am currently watching Death note, i finally gave in after countless people recommended it. and boy am i glad that i did, i had gotten tired of the goody two shoes male main character, that saves people no matter how many people they have killed it was an interesting read.

by the way, i'd love it if the ares manga became an anime, am i the only one?

jetchanDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 10:48 AM | Message # 46
Private
season 3 of Natsume Yuujinchou is airing & I'm so happy! really enjoy the soft, sweet themes of the manga and the anime.

mimilineDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 9:09 PM | Message # 47
Private
Watching Natsume S3 too. I love this series so much. Watching Gintama and Tiger & Bunny too.

Lilychan06Date: Wednesday, 2011-07-27, 1:18 AM | Message # 48
Private
I am watching a couple of anime right now but my favorite by far is Gintama. It's mostly a comedy series but its super hilarious, it also has small arcs that go into the serious and you can count on them to be awesome, it also has stand alone serous stories that are sad and it has an more than one occasion made me cry, but I love the utter nonsensical, funny, randomness of the series. It's an ongoing anime and right now it's at 217 episodes in but heartily recommend it.

pretty456Date: Wednesday, 2011-07-27, 3:36 AM | Message # 49
Private
Currently I'am watching Beezle Bub which is comedy and action anime it still on air at japan yeah

xoxmwaDate: Monday, 2011-08-01, 5:18 AM | Message # 50
Private
last summer i started katekyo hitman reborn... this summer i doubled the dose by starting axis power hetalia and durara (although i did not finish either) -.- recently i also started watching togainu no chi XD

Forum » Discussions » Anime » What anime are you watching?
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: