Welcome, Guest!
Tuesday, 2024-04-16
Please check the donation page for more information.
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Discussions » Anime » Remake that every Yaoi fan will love. (Ai No Kusabi anime remake)
Remake that every Yaoi fan will love.
reiDate: Thursday, 2011-11-24, 0:33 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Reader
So who has heard of Ai No Kusabi? *raises hand in exasperation*
Well if you do not know about this Yaoi classic you really need to see it and get ready for they are doing a remake set to be released 2012. From what I can tell of the teaser trailer, which is so OMG HOT!!!, the anime is set during the last year of Riki's training after he had that affair with that one pet, can not remember her name. It is a do not miss for any Yaoi fan, it airs Jsanuary 18th, 2012 so watch it.

Hibari-Tsuna-4-everDate: Thursday, 2011-11-24, 0:44 AM | Message # 2
Yaoi Lover
Group: Administrator
OMG!!! IVE BEEN WANTING TO GET THE NOVEL LIKE FOREVER!I WILL GET ITTTTTTT AND WATCH ANIME!!! I WILLLLLLL *hears the ILLLL as it fades away*

yonieDate: Saturday, 2011-12-31, 9:38 PM | Message # 3
Sergeant
Ah, that's a great BL title! I watched the old OVAs and read like... 6? books in the series and can't get the last one (was it even released?). I also watched the promo videos for the new edition of the anime but I'm rather disappointed. While it seems to present a fresher and more decent look than the old version, it also lacks the old seiyuu's voice for Iason... And that's what makes it so disappointing. There will never be a seiyuu who'd make Iason sound so sexy, scary, incredible and flesh-creeping ever again. Still, I'm gonna watch the new version when it's available for the pure pleasure of experiencing the story itself yet again ohs Is it me being inconsistent?...

youkaiDate: Saturday, 2011-12-31, 9:40 PM | Message # 4
Private
i thought they cancelled 2012 release and will release the remake in 2013? I read the news in someplace in internet, some kind of blog or something....*pardon my short term memory*
well, i hope the news i read is wrong, 'cos I've been waiting for the remake like forever and if it's come faster than I expected it'll be uber awesome Kyah

yonieDate: Saturday, 2011-12-31, 9:44 PM | Message # 5
Sergeant
They cancelled it and later they decided to make it but as 4 OVAs (one per month starting January 2012 !!! Kyah ) instead of the 13 eps series! You can read about it somewhere there:
http://aarinfantasy.com/
Hope it helps!!! ohs

youkaiDate: Saturday, 2011-12-31, 11:33 PM | Message # 6
Private
@yonie
Thanks for the latest info! Oh I can't wait~

bluerose83Date: Saturday, 2012-01-21, 10:30 PM | Message # 7
Private
I was actually really looking forward to the twelves episodes, but when they announced that it would be cut down, I didn't expect to get just four..But I guess it's better than nothing! I'm really looking forward to seeing it, and I'm hoping for a lot of smexing NB

mistiknitDate: Wednesday, 2012-02-01, 8:25 AM | Message # 8
Private
Group: Member
i've already watched the first episode of ANK remake. i'm very very very much satisfied of this remake since i haven't read the novel. i really like the scenes during riki's punishment. i'm really excited to watch the second episode

fujiyukiDate: Friday, 2012-02-17, 11:30 PM | Message # 9
Private
I remember watching Ai No Kusabi when I first got into BL. It was one of my first BL anime. I had to admit it was very old in terms of the animation style, but I did enjoy it. I've seen recently the new remake and must say I was quite impressed by it. I can't wait to see the next episode.

kyuubiDate: Tuesday, 2012-02-21, 12:50 PM | Message # 10
Private
So did anybody watched the first ep. I was really stunned but didnt liked the voice of Iason but everything else was niice soon its going to be relesed the 2nd ova *heart beat*

orquideaDate: Thursday, 2012-02-23, 2:10 PM | Message # 11
Private
I like the remake that have been done.
I look forward to the 2nd OVA.

reiDate: Tuesday, 2012-03-06, 12:19 PM | Message # 12
Private
I have seen the first episode, it was uber amazing. OG But then I have always loved Ai no Kusabi since it was the one that popped my figurative yaoi cherry. About the voice for Iason, they wanted the original voice actor, BUT he is dead.... shock that kinda sucks for us viewers... I miss the original Iason voice....
Well anyway if anyone is looking for Ai no Kusabi filler material, there is a great fanfic on fanfiction called forever caged. Kyah Too be honest there are grammatical errors galore, though it gets better around chapter 45 and the author kinda messes up with her time line later on, it is still an amazing continuation of Ai no Kusabi after Dana Bahn for those of us who never wanted Iason and Riki to die. Plus the smex scenes... NB

erietha88Date: Friday, 2012-05-04, 1:16 AM | Message # 13
Sergeant
I have watch it till the end and i confess that i cried in tears when i see the last scene (where lason hurt his leg and can't even walk). I am now following the remake that is even more great as i get too see their first encounter.

qiaDate: Tuesday, 2012-08-21, 5:21 AM | Message # 14
Private
Ai no kusabi brought me to tears ;_;, though I admit I found the first ova a little slow. I just watched the 8 new preview and am looking forward to the new installments:)

shimaDate: Tuesday, 2012-10-09, 7:18 AM | Message # 15
Private
the remake of ai no kusabi... is soooooo muuuuuucchh better!! i totally love the remake, and riki just got even more handsome than before!!! NB

iason still looks a bit overrated (for me), but he's a total perfect fit with riki.. especially when he punishes riki.. it's just... NB

i'm glad they decided to remake it. after all, that's one of the very first yaoi anime i've ever watched. ^^

kisaDate: Tuesday, 2012-10-09, 7:49 AM | Message # 16
Private
I like the art in the remake but was soooo disappointed with the lack of smex scenes. =/ I hope there will be a second season for the OVAs as the last episode was left hanging.

mafia_animeDate: Friday, 2012-10-12, 10:25 AM | Message # 17
Private
I like the remake. happy
I have watch till the 4th OVA. The op and ed song is good. They suit the anime.
I'm waiting for the 5th, though who knows when it will release. Sob

Message edited by mafia_anime - Friday, 2012-10-12, 10:56 AM

amethysDate: Saturday, 2012-10-13, 6:09 AM | Message # 18
Private
I really liked all those details in the new series, which gave a better idea of the whole world of the novel, that I missed in the old animation. And while it's a shame that they had to find a new seiyuu for Iason, I think they did a pretty good job. Anyways, I really hope they will get the funding needed to make more OVAs, as those four simply don't cut it for me. I mean seriously .. ending it at episode four?! shock

chibikariDate: Tuesday, 2012-12-25, 4:54 PM | Message # 19
Private
I watched the original 2 episode OVA a long time ago and was excited when it was suppose to come out as a whole series, then saddened when it was cut to 4 OVAs only....The new OVAs where nicely done, but there was only a few actions where and there. I wished they kept it as 12 episodes so I could get a better idea of the story. But I guess what is in the past is the past.

howoriginalllDate: Monday, 2016-02-15, 8:51 AM | Message # 20
Private
I am soooooo amazingly disappointed when they stopped airing it.. or is it on hiatus? I want the next episode so bad! Maybe I'll read the book instead. I guess in a way it's good, because the ending is just so sad!!

mkhalil1Date: Tuesday, 2016-02-16, 1:08 AM | Message # 21
Private
This seriews, the novel and original OVA was so well done. I really really wish they would contnue with teh remake. The graphics were so freaking gorgeous and really told teh story dynamics, whereas teh OVA kinda assumed you aready knew what was going on. I didnt understand teh OVA until I read the novels. But gosh did i love it, i wanted to see the end in teh new remake so badly Maybe in antehr 5-10 years they'll pick it up again?

yaoimaeaDate: Tuesday, 2016-07-05, 9:55 PM | Message # 22
Private
I want some groups to remake the Finder series... I prefer the anime made not the animatrix style..

Forum » Discussions » Anime » Remake that every Yaoi fan will love. (Ai No Kusabi anime remake)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: