Welcome, Guest!
Saturday, 2024-04-20
Please check the donation page for more information.
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Enjoyment » RPG » What Is Your Favorite RPG?
What Is Your Favorite RPG?
Hibari-Tsuna-4-everDate: Sunday, 2011-04-03, 11:16 PM | Message # 1
Yaoi Lover
Group: Administrator
Well I dont really know much about RPG....But anyways what do U guys like?

virtual1979Date: Monday, 2011-04-25, 10:39 AM | Message # 2
Private
Group: Reader
I'm pretty much a nineties girl, and my favourite RPG game of all time is Final Fantasy 7. It's an ancient game by now, but back then I was just AMAZED at all the 3-d stuff the game did on my old PC computer. The best part of the game wasn't the graphics though - as later I found out - it was the drama and storyline. It was the first game that made me cry when you-know-who got stabbed.. ugh.. after that, I went on a RPG gaming spree for the next few years until my computer couldn't keep up, and getting into college meant that I didn't have enough money for a modern console.

IchigoDate: Tuesday, 2011-04-26, 11:15 AM | Message # 3
Sergeant
I dont have time to play RPG/games anymore.
happy
But I guess I would say Final Fantasy games.
Star Ocean ~ till the End of time.

D: Huh?
shock
Thought I would have more to the lsit. lol. Cant remember 'em all. D:
I guess thats the gist of it.

aryDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 7:43 AM | Message # 4
Private
Group: Member
it would be a toss up between final fantasy and star ocean for me. i like the plot from final fantasy games but the pa's and skills draw me in to star ocean. and i hate to say this but final fantasy 13 sucked. if they wanted to take so long on the graphics someone else should have spent time on the plot with how many years it took them to make.

Nino007Date: Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 2:21 PM | Message # 5
Private
Final Fantasy and Fire Emblem all the way! My favorites are FF9, FF10, and FFTA2 (from FF) and FE7. I also play a lot of other series but those two fandoms will always remain in my heart.

jesbDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 8:53 AM | Message # 6
Private
FF7 i know everyone would say, its a cliche and blah blah blah. but i love it, i think it had fun gameplay, amazing characters, and a unique story. i never knew i could love characters that look like building blocks. lol i also LOVE xenogears, probably one of the best, in my opinion, plots around, even more so than ff7. the main character was much more developed, and we got to see what could happen to our planet if we dont care for it. i also like the xenosaga games.

mimilineDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 9:07 PM | Message # 7
Private
I love Grandia 1+2 and FF9.

Musicaの姫Date: Monday, 2011-08-22, 0:15 AM | Message # 8
Private
I have emerged to this forum, 2nd post. lets see I LOVE:
TALES OF XILLIA
Tales of Xillia Homepage

Comes out Sept. 8.

Junichiro-KunDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-01, 8:39 AM | Message # 9
Sergeant
Group: Translator
I played lots of RPG since when I was small the best is the FF series i played FF7,FF8,FF10,FF12 Kyah their the best RPG series but i cant afford PS3 shock so can't play FF13

♥Màngä♥
♥Änimè♥
♥ìcë-Crèam♥
♥Vocàloid♥
♫Vocäloid Music♫

KleinkDate: Saturday, 2011-11-05, 5:19 AM | Message # 10
Private
I know it's way back there (snes), but does anyone remember the dragon quest series? I'm replaying it right now and it's my definite favourite of all times. Especially part 6. What I really enjoy is the big world you get to enjoy. Modern day rpgs seem to have very small worlds and it takes no time at all to get through the game. Dragon quest on the other hand keeps you occupied for weeks.

Junichiro-KunDate: Sunday, 2011-11-06, 8:15 AM | Message # 11
Sergeant
I never tried Dragon Quest RPG before shock but I do really want to try them but I'm not quite free atm so I can't play the RPG If I play 'em I will start from Dragon Quest I HOHO

♥Màngä♥
♥Änimè♥
♥ìcë-Crèam♥
♥Vocàloid♥
♫Vocäloid Music♫

serqeyDate: Monday, 2011-11-07, 2:20 PM | Message # 12
Private
For RPG I really playing them in my PC specially the classic program for RPG...Got really hooked for the AVEYOND series of amaranthia...for my PSP i tried Jeanne De Arc its good but whats interesting is the twist in the story of jeanne...hehehe

Junichiro-KunDate: Thursday, 2011-11-10, 5:13 PM | Message # 13
Sergeant
My PSP broken down shock I so want to try some PSP RPG game Yay

♥Màngä♥
♥Änimè♥
♥ìcë-Crèam♥
♥Vocàloid♥
♫Vocäloid Music♫

RyoutakuDate: Monday, 2011-12-19, 9:37 AM | Message # 14
Sergeant
D:< Wow!! Why are so many of you fixated on FF?! Whats Wrong with a classic Like BREATH OF FIRE?!

Anyways T.T my favorite is Disgaea!!! CURRENTLY PLAYING DISGAEA!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soH8jG_gfGQFR

Junichiro-KunDate: Wednesday, 2011-12-21, 4:50 AM | Message # 15
Sergeant
I play sort of RPG Chinese/Japanese/English simply say please don't look down on PS1 RPG some is much better than any new game or new RPG although the art is slightly bad but the story is great! that what need of a good RPG this is my thought thou it may vary from other people Yay

♥Màngä♥
♥Änimè♥
♥ìcë-Crèam♥
♥Vocàloid♥
♫Vocäloid Music♫

malumDate: Friday, 2011-12-30, 7:03 PM | Message # 16
Private
uuuhn~ nobody mentioned Persona here, I'm surprised ö v ö
I love it, 3 and 4 are the best, the graphic is great, the dating options are
extrem fun and the battle system is also great, I don't like the soundtrack that much
but that's just my personal taste

youkaiDate: Saturday, 2011-12-31, 9:33 PM | Message # 17
Private
My all time favorite is Legend of Mana and Chrono Cross, nothing can beat them when it comes to best rpg ever (at least for me Yay )
I played almost all rpg released on PS and PS2 and most of them were good...so most of them are my favs~
lately I played PC games mostly and I stumbled on this Bastion game, graphic's awesome and gameplay looks interesting~ gonna play it next week when I get a chance :D

seliaDate: Sunday, 2012-01-01, 5:02 AM | Message # 18
Private
Um... I really like rpgs, it's my fav genre. The last one I was playing with was Radiant Historia for DS. My favourite was probably FFVII and VIII but I really like megaten games (like Persona 3,4 as well, but I think I loved digital devil saga 1-2, and devil summoner even better)
I also like zelda games, and well lots of others..

Junichiro-KunDate: Sunday, 2012-01-01, 2:49 PM | Message # 19
Sergeant
Any RPG game is kinda good

♥Màngä♥
♥Änimè♥
♥ìcë-Crèam♥
♥Vocàloid♥
♫Vocäloid Music♫

lochnessasaurDate: Saturday, 2012-01-07, 5:52 AM | Message # 20
Private
Picking a favorite RPG video game is hard... I really like the Baten Kaitos series on the gamecube; the battle system is pretty neat, but the handpainted backgrounds and music are super gorgeous and what make the game stand out to me. I also like the Tales of series, though... and I'm in the middle of Radiant Historia right now, which is also pretty fun, even if some of the timeline things don't make sense. For video games in general, though, the Zelda series is definitely my favorite. :D

liahDate: Thursday, 2012-01-12, 4:43 AM | Message # 21
Private
I will always, ALWAYS be in love with FF7. No matter the advancement of visual graphics, the various gaming platforms that had emerged and the encompassing MMORPGs on the net, I will always love the original FF7. My first love that never fades away... Kyah

KottieDate: Thursday, 2012-01-26, 11:32 AM | Message # 22
Private
I'm not w boy but RPG is my favourite genre

My top:
Final Fantasy X - ahh Tidus with his abs and blitzball, and good music and turn gaming
Final Fantasy VI - I reall like the plot and characters, some conspiration is really good :)
Persona 3,4 - Now it's my fav I think, I loved this persona world from the start
Kingdom Hearts - who doesn't played this game and other of this need to play them, still I love Roxas from 2nd part xD

bakasoraDate: Saturday, 2012-01-28, 2:29 PM | Message # 23
Private
My favorite RPG of course are Kingdom Hearts series! Kyah
I played the first time in PS2 because I heard it's a joint project between Square (my fave game designer) and Disney (my fave cartoon movies maker) and fall in love right away L L L

I am quite a fan since I bought PSP just so I can play Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, I bought NDS just to play Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 days, and I'm currently saving to buy 3DS so I could play Kingdom Hearts 3D.
Patiently waiting for the release.. ohs

Junichiro-KunDate: Friday, 2012-02-17, 6:35 AM | Message # 24
Sergeant
Sadly shock when I play KH2 it's in japanese -.- I don't know what they're talking about so I'll just blazed thru the game shock and not quite sure about the story den I finish it in English a few years ago

♥Màngä♥
♥Änimè♥
♥ìcë-Crèam♥
♥Vocàloid♥
♫Vocäloid Music♫

MidoriDate: Sunday, 2012-03-11, 6:23 AM | Message # 25
Lieutenant
I rarely play RPG games that I already forgot what games I used to play, I'll try playing the games you mentioned ^__^

I love reading manga I love my mom~!

erietha88Date: Friday, 2012-05-04, 0:14 AM | Message # 26
Sergeant
The only RPG game i've played till now are Pokemon all types, Breath of Fire, and Valkyrie Chronicles. But i got stuck while playing Valkyrie Chronicles because of the maze house that is so crazy. I couldn't find the exit way even though i already follow the guide.

jessiej1987Date: Tuesday, 2012-10-09, 4:05 AM | Message # 27
Private
i like alot (most of the games i buy are RPG) but my top 2 are Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy Games.
i got all of the Kingdom Hearts games that came out but Im new to the Final Fantasy games so dont have them all.

amethysDate: Tuesday, 2012-10-09, 5:39 AM | Message # 28
Private
RPG!! Yay

Secret of Mana still makes me squeal ... then there's the Baldur's Gate series ... the most recent one I enjoyed was the (still ongoing) Dragon Age series. I believe that sums up the most favorite ones!! Then again, I also played EverQuest back in the day ... happy

Message edited by amethys - Tuesday, 2012-10-09, 5:40 AM

cath-tissotDate: Thursday, 2012-10-18, 7:14 PM | Message # 29
Private
Umm... I like of lots of RPG's, but... Digital Devil Saga? Maybe, Tales Series or Final Fantasy Series.
DDS is great, especially the second game. Actually, I like all games of Shin Megami Tensei Series. Persona 3 FES is very good, too...
T-Ups

Catherine Tissot
♂ + ♂ = ♥
Livejournal: http://cath-tissot.livejournal.com/
Tumbrl: http://www.tumblr.com/blog/catherine-tissot
MSN: cath.tissot@hotmail.com
Twitter: @catherinetissot

Message edited by cath-tissot - Thursday, 2012-10-18, 8:22 PM

LucaEiriDate: Saturday, 2012-10-20, 4:52 PM | Message # 30
Private
Hmm, Favorite RPG.. I have lots of favorites, but since I never had much free time nowadays I never get to finish any of my current rpg games I'm. But if I had to choose my most favourite rpg is Suikoden I & II. Yea.. It's the very first games of the Suikoden series. This two series interconnects with one another. But the sad thing is I can never play them anymore. My old playstation is broken and I could only reminiscent playing them when I was younger. I love FF.. but not as much as I love Suikoden.

YaoiParadise

solaceDate: Monday, 2012-12-24, 4:29 PM | Message # 31
Private
I don't consider myself much of a gamer, but from time to time, I do enjoy a game. xD

My current all time favorite would probably be Tales of the Abyss. I simply cannot get over all of the amazing characters. I cannot tell you how much I obsess over Jade Curtiss and Emperor Peony Malkuth too (and sometimes, Dist being thrown in there is nice too ^_~ ). I just love the plot and all of the characters (save, perhaps, except for Vandesdelca).

Otherwise, I suppose my other favorite may be Kingdom Hearts 2 only for the fact that Axel is in it and he's the love of my life in that series and I could cry rivers for him. I consider myself an Akuroku fan, but in all honesty, I feel as though Axel is too good for Roxas...but because he loves Roxas so much, they deserve so much happiness. xD

OrianaDate: Monday, 2016-01-11, 5:19 PM | Message # 32
Private
i love the final fantasy games. my sister play the mmorpg of final fantasy it and it really kool. but i play world of warcraft mmorpg more. so yea so those are the ones i like.

fenrirawesomeDate: Monday, 2016-02-22, 5:08 AM | Message # 33
Private
Final Fantasy VIII! Also Legend of Dragon hahahah brings back memories.
I like the difficulty in Legend of Dragon also the story about Rose.
She's the coolest for me XDD. I think people who likes RPG genre must be ever played Legend of Dragon.
Because it's awesome RPG!

dark_tatsumaruDate: Sunday, 2016-06-19, 9:29 PM | Message # 34
Private
The Tales of Series are my favorite in the RPG-genre :D
I have a special love for Tales of Xillia although it wasn't the best one, but I was reaaaaaally excited when it released and bought a PS3 just for this game xD
I like Star Ocean,Final Fantasy and Persona games as well! And there's one X360-exclusive RPG that isn't popular but I love too, mostly because of the gameplay, but the story is nice too, it's called Infinite Undiscovery.

moonchipooDate: Tuesday, 2016-07-05, 7:54 AM | Message # 35
Private
everyone probably already posted all the final fantasies but dragon quest is good too and could never get enough of zelda n diablo 3 ros.

Forum » Enjoyment » RPG » What Is Your Favorite RPG?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: