Welcome, Guest!
Wednesday, 2024-04-24
Please check the donation page for more information.
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Discussions » Sit And Chat » People who just can't make time for you
People who just can't make time for you
kexet90Date: Friday, 2011-05-06, 5:23 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Reader
Do you have friends who are ALWAYS busy? Or when they finally decide a day to see you, they textmessage you (at the earliest) one day ahead, making up some lame excuse?

A friend of mine has done that a lot recently and it has begun to make me very annoyed. I mean, come on. I'm alsi very busy. I go to university, have to jobs and go several distance courses but hey, I can still make some time to meet my friends.

It's not like I feel that she avoids me or anything (because we are very close friends) but after inviting her to different things (like dinner, party, picnic or whatever) at least 10 times.....you start to get a little bit annoyed.

Has this ever happened to you?

erasableDate: Tuesday, 2011-05-10, 0:11 AM | Message # 2
Private
I had a friend like that, but it was usually because he was either on call, long call or short call, or post call, which is medical speak for sleeping over at the hospital, working late, working late again, or braindead after working 30 hours. After a while I just gave up and waited until he had actual free time.

kexet90Date: Tuesday, 2011-05-10, 5:00 PM | Message # 3
Private
That must have been tough. I know exactly how you feel, because you somehow understand why the person is so busy but at the same time it feels like it's no point asking after a while. Man, it sucks....

MrKorrrnDate: Saturday, 2011-06-04, 2:43 PM | Message # 4
Private
Group: Moderator
Umm well I supose Im that guy who never got time :P. Crap you guys are makeing me think >.< I hope my friends understand I rarely have any time over tho I try to drink atleast once per weekend with some of them atleast but I have tons of stuff going on xD

tysia36Date: Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 3:43 PM | Message # 5
Private
My cousin is like that ... she's my best friend and always was closer to me than my real sister but even thought we are so close I'm always on one of the last places on her list of friends she wants to meet the most. And just like this we always make plans and almost always something comes up -> on her side of course. It's usually some friend that she sees only once a year or something. When she lived in Poland (just like me) I could bear it cause we met eventually but now she lives in England and comes back two times a year and it's still the same with one difference -sometimes we don't meet all cause everything and everyone was more important. She knows I won't be mad at her and I somehow even thought at first I'm furious -> when we finally talk or meet I'm too happy to see her to be mad anymore.

AceArtemis7Date: Wednesday, 2011-07-13, 1:54 AM | Message # 6
Private
Honestly.... im one of those busy people. And I REALLY am busy. I got school, practice, personal stuff to do. I hardly have any time at all. But I do social once in a while... its only for a few hours but, they, what can I do... sometimes you cant help with how much you have to do....

kameecookieDate: Monday, 2011-07-25, 8:51 PM | Message # 7
Private
yup.. i know how it feels. ill clear the whole day for that friend, but then that person will literally call me less than an hour before telling me that she has family probs. well guess what.. i also have family probs but i dont let that interfere in my friendships. i once told her off ... telling her that calling me the day before is fine but not an hour before. well.. we no longer speak

shinjouDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 0:25 AM | Message # 8
Private
well.. i do have a friend like that. we promised to met 1 time back then, but apparently she decided that she has lots of things to do before coming to meet me. despite me saying to my mom that she'll be late, i ended up waiting for her for 3 hours and we only met for about half an hour cause she gotta go again afterwards. kinda pissed me off n decided that if we ever wanna meet, i wont hold on to her words for long..

jesbDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 9:05 AM | Message # 9
Private
My dad. we have had a close/distant relationship depending on what is going on in HIS life. he has always made his own kids second to his own desires.

two years ago he promised he would help me out with a car, so i can get a job again, what does he do? he buys a car for his eldest son, who has a job, and not his youngest daughter. he claims to have done a lot for me, but he has done nothing for me, only my mom has been there for me.

AdrielDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 5:38 PM | Message # 10
Private
I know a bunch of people who are like that. I don't consider them as my friends really since having true friends is really important to me and if they don't cherish me as much as I cherish them, what's the point? I'm not going to chase them and beg them to sacrifice 5 minutes from their busy schedule...
But I had one friend who was an exchange student and I haven't seen her for a whole year. She could only stay for a week in our hometown and I barely got to see her but I was glad I could spend even that much time with her... If it's a true friend nothing can keep us apart even the lack of time or a busy schedule... happy

NonameXPDate: Sunday, 2011-08-28, 0:18 AM | Message # 11
Private
Group: Member
I have a friend who goes through that kind of stuff. I don't worry about it much about that anymore, on my end. I have time when they have time. It's all good. People will make their lives the way they want them. I'm not going to live their part either, nor am I worried about it. I understand my friends, and these friends even if I don't see them in 10-20 years will always be there, like family. Just cause I'm not included doesn't mean they aren't my friends. I have faith in my friends. And this is just me, maybe you.

etineskiDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-01, 1:13 PM | Message # 12
Private
Group: Member
Umm well this usually happens to me when i love a person whos not really in love with me. Like always trying to make contact but that person doesnt really have time for me, or no time, or simple he doesnt wanna.

harajunkoDate: Sunday, 2011-11-13, 0:48 AM | Message # 13
Private
This happens to me too!! But I usually get really fed up with this people and tend to ignore them even when they try to call me out for a drink or meal. I just give them a taste of their own medicine.

FuzzyCitrusDate: Saturday, 2011-12-03, 0:52 AM | Message # 14
Private
I've been both ends of this... I try to make the time to apologize and give some sort of ETA for when I'm going to be less buried by work--even if it's "No clue"--and I like it when I get such, since then I can go do something else.

dwindlingDate: Wednesday, 2011-12-28, 12:41 PM | Message # 15
Private
Lol, that's awkward. Because I am pretty much that person. Although, all my friends are the same, so it's not as big of a deal.

youkaiDate: Saturday, 2011-12-31, 11:29 PM | Message # 16
Private
...that makes me thinking about my friends, 'cos I've lost contact with them since last semester begin oTL I've been so busy with my uni and work... I barely have a time for myself
I hope that they don't think I ditch them T.T

But I knew this person who don't really like to hang out together too much, she is a complete introvert and tell me that hang out once a week is too much for his body, after a day hanging out she usually collapse the next day to gain back her energy...^^; poor her...

tsuzukeruDate: Monday, 2012-01-16, 11:00 PM | Message # 17
Private
The sad thing about friendships, or any relationship, is that its a two sided road but there's many people out there who rely on others to open up the lines of communication or invite them. There are really situations where someone can be too busy to go out with friends however there's other methods of interacting that you can do to continue your friendships while you're busy. Txting, talking on the phone, email, etc. In this day and age there's really only one reason that someone will consistantly ignore you or cancel on you - and I'm sure there's ppl who are going to argue this - but its the simple fact that, for whatever variety of reasons, they're prioritizing other things and/or other people over you. Its a sad truth but it just makes those who do make time for you that more important and amazing.

MidoriDate: Sunday, 2012-03-11, 4:47 AM | Message # 18
Lieutenant
Actually, yes, I have experienced that! But I'm the friend who doesn't make time for her other friends. But I don't make "lame" excuses cause all my excuses are true and all my friends are forgiving.
BTW, don't get annoyed at your friend, she's probably busier than you are and does everything she can to spend time with you, she has to worry about school, jobs and she has extra worries for her social life, this could bring her stress and she probably made excuses not to go with you cause she was either stressed out or sick and didn't want you to worry, or your friend is probably just a busy person..

I love reading manga I love my mom~!

erietha88Date: Wednesday, 2012-05-09, 1:30 PM | Message # 19
Sergeant
Ha...i just found one person like that recently not too long. That person asked me if i can join a meeting or you could say a gathering. I thought that person would also come too so i decided to come even when it's raining that day. I arrived at the gathering place, meet others that i didn't know who they are plus they are ignoring me. Then i found out that the person who invited me didn't even come with an excuse of waiting for an artist coming in an airport. Darn..

Message edited by erietha88 - Wednesday, 2012-05-09, 1:31 PM

Saya2077Date: Tuesday, 2012-10-09, 5:00 AM | Message # 20
Private
Crap ...! I think I am also a person who is constantly busy but this is due to my circumstances. With two little kids, one still a baby (8 months old), your free time is reduced almost to zero. Furthermore I still try to finish my study and at the same time take care of my children. It is a full time job without holidays or even breaks. The little free time which remains I try to use carefully to meet my friends but there a lot of days when I am just dead tired in my free time and don't want to do anything except sleeping.

Apart from that I try my best to stay in contact with my friends via mail and Skype but it is not the same as when you can meet them personally. I miss our meetings a lot but it is difficult for me because I am not as flexible as I was before. I need to plan meetings a long time beforehand. This sucks but I know it is only temporary. So I do my best to adapt to my current situation.

tokkei12Date: Thursday, 2016-01-28, 10:57 PM | Message # 21
Private
I do know a couple people like that. Even though I understand that last minute things can come up, it's still always disappointing (and sometimes even maddening) when you're cancelled upon, especially last minute :( But hey, life goes on.

Forum » Discussions » Sit And Chat » People who just can't make time for you
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: