Welcome, Guest!
Friday, 2024-03-29
Please check the donation page for more information.
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Discussions » Sit And Chat » Views on gay marriage (What are your views on gay marriage?)
Views on gay marriage
ashwoods195Date: Thursday, 2016-07-07, 8:30 AM | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Moderator
It occurred to me that we don't really have any serious discussions here on the SI website. 
What are your views on gay marriage?
Why are you for or against it?
What are your views, generally, on the LGBTQ community?

One request for this thread: I know this is a touchy subject. Please don't act inappropriately. Any comments that are rude, harmful or generally upsetting will be removed.

Hibari-Tsuna-4-everDate: Thursday, 2016-07-07, 7:59 PM | Message # 2
Yaoi Lover
Group: Administrator
Wow, I just noticed as well when you pointed it out Ash.

I'll stat first by saying that I am a catholic and my view might be very different than most catholics...

Since I was little, I have seen many things but lets not go into that.

In general, I really support Gay marriage. Why? because I beleive everyone should have equal rights to do what ever thay want (talking in the sense of marriage here and not something crtiminal like murder xD). Especially ehre in the United States ehre the government say that its not a governmrnt ruled by a religion and such. Those that are agaisnt it are mostly religious people so since a religiousless governemt was the goal, then that should also be allow. I guess my opinion is all about my mom, who, even though we come from families that are very closed minded, she has always told us to see everything for their good and not to be pregudice (how ever you spell that) agaisnt others.

I guess thats where everything I am now came from. And from what I amd today came my view of the LGBTQ Community came from. Since I was little, I have always supported them and my mother see that I am very kind to those towards people. Of course, mom always jokes that we shouldn't turn out gay since she wants grandkids and we always laugh. But then she turns serious and says that she would still love us and support us if we do turn out gay. Of course, We aren't (my like for beautiful men is too much) but you never know. Am I getting out of topic?

But anyways, to summarize it, I support them 100%~

ashwoods195Date: Thursday, 2016-07-07, 11:27 PM | Message # 3
Sergeant
Okay, so I've grown up in a very different kind of environment from the one that Hibari has -- it is a different country, but it's also probably one of the safest, calmest, most boring places in the world.
I've never met someone, in real life, who was homophobic. Ever. We've all grown up here with a good education, been taught that people are people, nothing changes that fact, that we are equal. I've been in history classes nearly my whole way through school, and have seen the terrible injustices that humans have committed against other humans, just because they're different, just because they're not the same as them. I've also grown up surrounded by people who aren't catholic, so I've never run into an argument about that.
I've grown up around many people who reach a certain age and come out to their family and friends, and none that I've known have encountered any problems with homophobia, myself included. My "coming out" was a "Hello, family, I'm not straight", followed by a "ok, and?" by everyone around.
To be honest, I don't understand how anyone could be opposed to gay marriage. It literally does not make sense to me. I completely support it, in the same way that people of different races should be allowed to get married, and people of different religions and beliefs.
We're all human. Why should some people get rights to things, and some not?

Hibari-Tsuna-4-everDate: Friday, 2016-07-08, 0:25 AM | Message # 4
Yaoi Lover
Group: Administrator
Completely agree with you Ash. Also, it seems that maybe i confused you. I grew up in the Dominican Repiblic, which is very... not so open to Gay relationships so any family that has one are technically look down upon. Reason why I said that my mother always told us not to follow what others said and to see for ourselves. So yeah... Catholics...

jaspineappleDate: Friday, 2016-07-08, 4:27 AM | Message # 5
Private
My views on gay marriage are slightly different. 1: Because i'm a bit insensitive sometimes. 2: Because I am lesbian.

I believe gay marriage is a wonderful thing because it represents a form of equality. I was raised in a mostly non-religious family in Australia where as ash said, is a country where pretty much nothing happens. I think that gender should not matter if it is love. One of my biggest pet peeves is when homophobic people say "Being gay is a choice." Being gay is not a choice, just like how we can't choose where we are born. If we could choose to be straight, we would.

I wish to marry my girlfriend and propose to her, but I don't think it is legal in our country. I believe it should be. I don't understand why people think that being gay is disgusting. Get off my back. If we ridiculed you for being straight, you wouldn't do that. 

Religious people don't realize that most of the time, LGBTQQIP2SAA people are really good people. Some of them go to church on Sundays, and participate in YOUR religious activities. So what's the problem with them? Jesus had 2 Dads and turned out just fine.

Forum » Discussions » Sit And Chat » Views on gay marriage (What are your views on gay marriage?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: