Welcome, Guest!
Thursday, 2024-03-28
Please check the donation page for more information.
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manhwa » What's your first manga/manhwa?
What's your first manga/manhwa?
HanarashiDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-01, 11:15 AM | Message # 51
Private
Group: Reader
My first manga was Sailor Moon. I love it.

jubjubDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-01, 11:33 AM | Message # 52
Private
My first manga was Fruits Basket, I think.... It's hard to keep count
As for manwha, geez that's harder... Maybe You're So Cool

LareenDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-01, 11:44 PM | Message # 53
Private
Group: Member
My first first manga was fruits basket and the first manga which got me hooked onto manga was ouran high school host club

HatsuneMikuDate: Wednesday, 2011-11-02, 1:08 AM | Message # 54
Sergeant
Hmm It's been awhile but if I remember correctly My first Manga ever was Bitter Virgin. Even though I read it 4yrs ago it is still on my Top 5 Favorite Manga.

gohanshadowDate: Wednesday, 2011-11-09, 2:10 AM | Message # 55
Private
The first manga I bought was Level C. It was SO ridiculous that I found it funny. I think it is supposed to be more touching, but 'invisible penis' is all I could think of with this. HOHO
The first manwa I bought was Demon Diary. This story is SO sweet and so pretty. It also has WAY likable characters. I even liked the main female character, which I normally don't. BTW, I knew it was a girl from the moment I saw her. :)

Sonk_HachiDate: Monday, 2011-11-14, 12:47 PM | Message # 56
Sergeant
First manga that I read was Kingdom Hearts! *__*
Ahh,It is a beautiful manga! >w< I read it many times! XD

Uhm,I haven't read any manhwa yet. °_°''' ..May be I will do it in the future! ^^''

FlaXx0RDate: Friday, 2011-12-30, 9:36 AM | Message # 57
Private
my first manhwa was Unbalance x 2 and the first manga was Dragon Ball, really love it and i got hooked on both manga and manhwa :D

AzumaDate: Friday, 2011-12-30, 11:57 AM | Message # 58
Private
I can't remember exactly which I read first, though its between Dragon ball and Doraemon. Back then I used to read Captain Tsubasa as well, amongst various other series.

heeheeDate: Friday, 2011-12-30, 8:18 PM | Message # 59
Private
Another very good question. I saw one when I was in primary school, it seemed interesting (as proof, I still remember it 'till now ^^)then I saw a friend read Black Cat, then a friend lent me some at an evening out, so I read while my friends were enjoying themselves... Though I cannot remember what it was, probably Ah My Goddess, knowing her.
The very first manga I took on myself was 'Our Kingdom'. Oh! I still remember the 'flutter flutter' of my heart realizing the so unexpected BxB kiss!

Sari90Date: Friday, 2011-12-30, 8:46 PM | Message # 60
Private
My first manga was Tenchi, lol! I was like 9-11 years old (can't remember) when I bought it. As for my first manhwa was Boy Princess!

SansDate: Friday, 2011-12-30, 9:27 PM | Message # 61
Private
The first manga that I read is Candy Candy (shoujo), because that was the first published manga in my country, oh gosh that was like ages ago, I remember reading it when I was in elementary school. As for Manwha, I think it was Hot Blooded Girl.

Am Busy - Blame it on the boys!

teikaeiDate: Friday, 2011-12-30, 10:16 PM | Message # 62
Private
as the first manga i read, i'd glad to say it's sekaiichi hatsukoi.
coz i am a fujyoushi Ds i guess many girls are just like me.
the characters in this manga are really beautiful!!!!! i have to say takana sang is the one i like best!!!!! L

chirparoDate: Saturday, 2011-12-31, 2:17 AM | Message # 63
Private
This brings me to my childhood Kyah It was Doraemon and Sailormoon, Dragonball, DragonQuest omg miss those days I was so pure and innocent *blink blink* ohs

Roy13Date: Sunday, 2012-01-01, 3:14 PM | Message # 64
Private
I can't remember my first manga on internet but I have the impression it was one of the oneshots of Kaori Yuki. Maybe Neji. But the the first printed manga in my country that I read was Ranma1/2, a comedy. And the first manwha was Boy Princess.

VeraDate: Monday, 2012-01-02, 1:59 AM | Message # 65
Private
Doraemon...I totally grew up reading that XD so many life lessons...so many childhood memories and dreams where I can ace tests with magical pencils and go skiing in my backyard XD
next came Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Daughter of the Nile, Inuyasha, and Case Closed.
I've never read manwha until much later on, but the first that I've ever read was Magical JxR.

AriDate: Monday, 2012-01-02, 6:17 PM | Message # 66
Private
My first manga was Azumanga Daioh... and I didn't get it at all... D:
But I became interested in manga, so I bought the first volumes of Fruits Basket, Hana Kimi and Happy Hustle High, and they got me completely addicted. =0=;;

IMustBeInsaneDate: Tuesday, 2012-01-03, 0:10 AM | Message # 67
Private
I'd have to say my first manga was Fruits Basket. A friend first aroused my curiosity through a carefully constructed plan and then started to lend me the books way back when I was just an innocent high school sophomore and had no idea what an addiction manga really is. I read manga rabidly for a year, borrowing whatever I could and then moved and stopped due to lack of supply. Ironically enough, it was my desire to find out how Fruits Basket ends that got me reading manga again three years later, when I was in college and very bored one day.

unbirthdayDate: Wednesday, 2012-01-04, 7:31 AM | Message # 68
Private
I think my first manga is Cardcaptor Sakura. I read it before I actually got into manga. I reallyyyyy love the anime so I decided to read the manga too. First manhwa is Noblesse which I only read 5 chapters of lol;;

Message edited by unbirthday - Wednesday, 2012-01-04, 7:32 AM

Esbe71Date: Wednesday, 2012-01-04, 11:25 PM | Message # 69
Private
My first manga was Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou so cute, so funny, so romantic, so perfect :') and my first manhwa was Totally Captivated; to describe how good it I was I´ll just say one word: Mookyul Ds

lpgrangerDate: Saturday, 2012-01-07, 2:48 AM | Message # 70
Private
My first manga was Fruits Basket. And it was actually volume 6 XD
but that was okay, because I had already seen the anime
i ended up buying 1-5 later
for being the first manga series i ever read or bought, i still haven't completed buying it yet (I'm missing v23 and 21), it's just one of those things that if i see it at the store i go "oh, i'll buy it later, let's see if they have something new" ^^;

my first manhwa was Totally Captivated

liahDate: Thursday, 2012-01-12, 3:43 AM | Message # 71
Private
My absolute first manga would have to be...Doraemon. In S.E.A. (or heck Asia as a whole), you can't escape this manga/anime phenomenon. Been around since the 70's and will still be around when I have my first grandkid. HOHO

faechildeDate: Thursday, 2012-01-26, 4:24 AM | Message # 72
Private
I'm not really sure what my first manga was. However, the first series I completed reading and my all time favorite is Tokyo Crazy Paradise, followed by Hana Kimi and Hana Yori Dango.

amedoxDate: Sunday, 2012-01-29, 3:16 AM | Message # 73
Private
Sailor Moon. Both anime AND manga. I was probably 6-8 years old? And I read it/watched it in French. I gotta say, even 10+ years later, I still like the series. :)

I don't remember what my first Manwha was. Maybe Goong? Because I'd heard a lot from other people? I'm not sure.

shadowheartsDate: Saturday, 2012-02-18, 1:50 PM | Message # 74
Private
My first manga was vampire knight, i saw the anime first (Zero 4ever!!!!!)

KeleiosDate: Sunday, 2012-02-19, 9:08 PM | Message # 75
Private
My first manga was Fruits Basket.... I watched the anime and it totally drove me nuts that they didn't finish the series to I went online and found the manga so I could know how the story ended. And my first manwha was Masca though I only just finished reading it.

MidoriDate: Saturday, 2012-03-10, 10:30 AM | Message # 76
Lieutenant
I think my first manga was "Kitchen Princess"..? The art shocked me at first since the eyes were huge but I liked the story plot and I was kinda sad cause wanted Sora and Najika to end up together but he died!! TT^TT

I love reading manga I love my mom~!

TifaDate: Friday, 2012-03-16, 10:25 AM | Message # 77
Private
hmm my first manga would be... erm... i actually dont rmb ><..
bt for manhwa it would be Your so cool...XD

MidoriDate: Saturday, 2012-03-17, 12:55 PM | Message # 78
Lieutenant
Do most of the people here love manhwa more than manga? shock That is very shocking o0o

I love reading manga I love my mom~!

KanokoDate: Wednesday, 2012-05-02, 6:56 AM | Message # 79
Private
I can't even remember clearly. I think Yu Yu Hakusho, because it was such a huge hit in my country that everyone got addicted to it. Curiously enough, I'm still in the process of completing the English tanks. I haven't really been into manga at all until lately.

qiaDate: Tuesday, 2012-08-21, 4:36 AM | Message # 80
Private
My first manga was black cat (though my first anime was inuyasha), then came tsubasa Reservoir chronicles, sakura cardcaptor and my clamp phase ( I adored the original storylines and beautiful art)

kisaDate: Tuesday, 2012-10-09, 7:39 AM | Message # 81
Private
My first manga was Doraemon followed by Sailormoon and Dragonball. My first manhwa (which happenes to be BL =p) was Totally Captivated

catpipe8473Date: Tuesday, 2012-10-09, 8:51 AM | Message # 82
Sergeant
My first manga is Akuma no Eros scanlated by shoujomagic. Wah.. so long ago.

mafia_animeDate: Friday, 2012-10-12, 11:04 AM | Message # 83
Private
My first manga is Little New York by Yamato Waki. It's a shoujo manga.
The are a lot of shoujo manga back then (even now, though).

Message edited by mafia_anime - Friday, 2012-10-12, 11:52 AM

no_nameDate: Monday, 2012-10-15, 6:35 PM | Message # 84
Private
My first manga was Sailor Moon back when it was first released in English, I think by VIZ. It was in a thick book with a few other series almost like a manga magazine.

My first manhwa was Kiss me Princess. I started reading it cause it was the only BL manhwa that I had heard of. Which in turn introduced me to Totally Captivated which was also a great read.

DarkestChocolateDate: Saturday, 2012-11-03, 1:29 AM | Message # 85
Private
My first manwha was Boy Princess. Found it at my local library, checked it out online, and looked pretty good. It's still one of my favourite manhwa :D

My fist manga was Fall In Love Like A Comic. My friend had read it, and I didn't really like the art when I saw it, but turns out I actually really liked the story and the art grew on me. It opened my to a larger variety of manga and art. I still love that shoujo and reread it now and again 8D

Debs119Date: Thursday, 2012-12-27, 1:18 PM | Message # 86
Private
My first manga was Revolutionary Girl Utena by Chiho Saito, I was hooked on manga after reading this series lol My second was sailor moon which I really enjoyed too :-)

NatsumeDate: Friday, 2012-12-28, 10:30 PM | Message # 87
Private
My first manga I read was Candy Candy (and later I found out that it was Manhwa to be exact), and I read it in the library when I was a kid. I did not know what manga is and was intrigued with those beautiful pictures. Then, after I read Candy Candy, I read Detective Conan, which awakes my mystery genre lover in both anime and movie. Yay

elarielDate: Sunday, 2012-12-30, 8:48 PM | Message # 88
Private
I LOVE Totally Captivated! I can't even think how many times I've read it!

First Manhwa was called... I think 100% Perfect Girl. Very sticky sweet in the first volume although I felt the story dragged on a bit as the volumes continued. Still good though!

First Manga was a oneshot (at the time, was later made into a full tankobon) called A Reason For Earlobes by Kunieda Saki. The tanko is called Mimitabu no Riyuu and if you haven't read it you should! It's great. For an introduction to yaoi it was perfect for me. Cute, sexy, funny, romantic. Just perfect!

L T-Ups Bs

-Elle

RiiNDate: Wednesday, 2013-01-02, 11:10 AM | Message # 89
Private
My very first manga was Doraemon, and then Dragon Ball. Hi I read them when I was a child. I like those two very much that I read it over and over.
But I can't remember my first manhwa. shock

kakariccaDate: Thursday, 2016-01-28, 5:03 AM | Message # 90
Private
My first manga was Hana Kimi. I fell in love with this series instantle and it is still my favourite shoujo manga. I didn't buy it myself though:) i borrowed it from my sister. And my first manhwa was Totally Captivated.

firesong17Date: Tuesday, 2016-02-16, 2:23 AM | Message # 91
Private
it has been so long i don't remember well, i have been reading manga for at least 15 or more years. it might have been love hina or sailor moon but i am not sure. I know the first anime i watched was akira.

isabeau_321Date: Tuesday, 2016-02-16, 2:50 PM | Message # 92
Private
My first manga was Sailor Moon, first manhwa was Demon Diary. Ah, the memories... ohs

dmvyukiDate: Thursday, 2016-02-18, 6:38 PM | Message # 93
Private
My first anime was Sailor Moon, but my first manhwa was Demon Diary....

fenrirawesomeDate: Monday, 2016-02-22, 5:02 AM | Message # 94
Private
Definitely Doraemon XDDDD

for Manhwa it's Raising a Bat, I love the story so much. I read the raw version in foxtoon even I don't understand the language lel
But I love the Manhwa so much X3

hotscansDate: Sunday, 2016-02-28, 9:39 PM | Message # 95
Private
My first manga, believe it or not, was Neon Genesis Evangelion, volume 4!! (well, actually it was volume 2 in japan, but in my country they split it in two, so the volume 4 in my country was the second half of volume 2 in japan....)
I was nine years old, and in the magazine store there was that one.. I was so so happy becaus it was the first time something about anime was in the magazine store!! I HAD TO BUY IT!  happy
So I did. I knew NGE because it was on TV, and I liked the drawing style so much... I started to appreciate the manga in that time...  (I like more the manga than the anime) 

Meko.

nellymr19Date: Thursday, 2016-03-17, 0:39 AM | Message # 96
Private
"Cut" by Kawai Touko...this was yaoi of course xD
this manga is touching..Generally Kawai Touko's mangas are deep and psychologically interesting. So thanks to this manga I started to like boy x boy love stories  OG

Message edited by nellymr19 - Thursday, 2016-03-17, 0:57 AM

lastriie94Date: Monday, 2016-03-21, 8:18 PM | Message # 97
Private
First manga hana no mizo shiru

First manhwa devil's bride

JibrilDate: Tuesday, 2016-04-05, 12:32 PM | Message # 98
Private
my first manga was Dragonball back then when i was a teenager
used all my pocket money to buy the whole serie and after that it was too late for me xD
now i got a whole bookcase full of manga

bootuckorlienDate: Sunday, 2016-06-05, 11:46 AM | Message # 99
Private
the first manga i bought would be Dragonball.. when i was in primary school. miss all the memories

nasty_gurl8856Date: Monday, 2016-06-06, 8:36 AM | Message # 100
Private
I think my first ever manga was either Cardcaptor sakura or Hana Kimi. Or maybe both? :) 

I never looked backed after that, things just escalated from there.

Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manhwa » What's your first manga/manhwa?
Search: