Welcome, Guest!
Friday, 2024-04-19
Please check the donation page for more information.
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manhwa » First manga/manhwa that made you cry?
First manga/manhwa that made you cry?
RoyalDate: Sunday, 2011-02-20, 6:44 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Reader
Being huge fans of manga/manhwa, we all are bound to have stumbled upon a series that have made us cry. Surely everyone has!

Despite me being a person who doesn't cry easily, I definitely have read at least 2 series that have made me cry. One being Mucha Kucha Daisuki. One of the first manga that got me addicted to... manga! ^___^

What manga/manhwa have made you guys cry?

PandoraDate: Sunday, 2011-02-20, 10:21 PM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Administrator
Oh gosh... there has been many T^T Umm frist manga would have to be maybe Guru guru pon-chan... Thats as far as i can remeber... But anime... Oh my gosh the one i know made me not cry but sob on both occasions had to be Code geass R2

Hibari-Tsuna-4-everDate: Monday, 2011-02-21, 8:44 PM | Message # 3
Yaoi Lover
Group: Administrator
I dont really remember....O.O Soooo i cant really say...alot of manga has made me cry like guru guru ...but seriously...>.> how come i cant remember?

emicleDate: Monday, 2011-02-21, 9:22 PM | Message # 4
Private
I don´t remember but there is a lot mangas and manhwas that made me cry for that reason when the genre says tragedy I totally avoid to read the manga.

Message edited by emicle - Monday, 2011-02-21, 9:24 PM

YacilyaDate: Sunday, 2011-04-03, 10:59 PM | Message # 5
Private
Group: Joint Friend
Virtually almost-all tragedies make me tear up, but the one I remember most for making me cry is... probably Renri no Eda.

sammiekndDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 2:53 PM | Message # 6
Private
As it was my first manga when I was younger Fruits Basket made me cry on a few occasions, especially when Kyou went through his "bad" phase!. Although if I were to read it now I doubt I would shed a tear!.

hassliebeDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 5:09 PM | Message # 7
Private
Well I'm sure it's been one of the very few manga sthat make sme cry, but I thin it was Godchild, the end is so heartbreaking that it took me days to stop moping around about how unfair it was. Kaori Yuki is one of those mangakas that sometimes hits a cord in me.

vanillachchDate: Tuesday, 2011-04-26, 2:38 AM | Message # 8
Private
NB i think it's "cut" by kawai toko, very angsty at times but somehow ridiculessly funny at times too. bye

emyshekoDate: Tuesday, 2011-04-26, 10:33 AM | Message # 9
Private
the manga that made me cry was some chapters in aka chan to boku and one of the cases of ghost hunt.....the case was about the ghost of a mute child who haunted the church he was left by his father in while he works...it was so touching...

Message edited by emysheko - Tuesday, 2011-04-26, 11:11 AM

midoriko83Date: Tuesday, 2011-04-26, 11:04 AM | Message # 10
Private
Group: Member
First manhwa that mane me cry was Boy Princess.

yumikichiDate: Tuesday, 2011-04-26, 5:04 PM | Message # 11
Private
A lot...I always avoid tragic mangas if I can, but I remember Boys Love, Haou Airen and Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu

Message edited by yumikichi - Tuesday, 2011-04-26, 5:23 PM

YamiRemusDate: Tuesday, 2011-04-26, 7:26 PM | Message # 12
Private
Hmmm, if I had read all of fruits basket,im sure it would had been that. But then again,it wasnt even in my firsts...
It probably was Tokyo Babylon. Other than that,I don't remember. I know in which anime I did cry,but not in which manga/manhwa.

hutaruDate: Thursday, 2011-04-28, 12:17 PM | Message # 13
Private
@ midoriko83, me too it was boy princess, i love that manga and can't stop myself from rereading it . I dont know how many time i did read it but i cry every time Bs

angelineDate: Saturday, 2011-04-30, 1:50 PM | Message # 14
Private
The first manhwa that make me cry sure was 1001 nights ~ expecially the boy with a bomb story ~ he try to save ppl from other country and his sister for sacrifice himself / _ \

( ^ - ^ ) ~

yuuDate: Monday, 2011-05-09, 4:46 PM | Message # 15
Private
I never was very sentimental person. Or so I thought before I read Fruit Basket. I cried my eyes on it. Though the first anime that I cried was The Rose of Versale. But that aside^^
I think that Friut Basket is the must read manga for all manga lovers.

BeaTru13Date: Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 2:26 PM | Message # 16
Private
The first manga/manwha that made me cry is probably Lovers, Souls by MIYAMOTO Kano TT-TT it`s sad but it has a happy ending.

What if I wanted to fight, Beg for the rest of my life? Come break me down, Bury me, bury me ,I am finished with you.

fusiorDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 3:07 PM | Message # 17
Private
i think it was Fruit Basket when Kyou was finally released from the curse... though it was a happy moment. this is probably the only manga that made me shed a tear:)

momokoDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 3:08 PM | Message # 18
Private
the first manga i have ever read and the first that made me cry was haou airen

hunny2thebes2Date: Wednesday, 2011-07-27, 0:32 AM | Message # 19
Private
My first manga that made me cry was Haou Airen...
soooooo sad just thinking about it makes me feel sad.
Why you ask, If you haven't yet read this then you won't understand,
But if you have then you would understand.
Lets just say the ending was so unbelievable and leave it at that.

TearDate: Sunday, 2011-08-07, 10:48 PM | Message # 20
Private
I agree with Mucha Kucha Daisuki, I don't really like some of this author's stuff, but this one was fantastic (her best work in my opinion), but I wish there was one thing that could be changed about this manga and anyone that's read it should know what I'm talking about, this is one of the few rare manga's that's made me cry, I was just too sad :(

shirayukiDate: Sunday, 2011-08-28, 6:21 AM | Message # 21
Private
The first manga that made me cry was Candy Candy... There's been other manga that made me cry but I can't remember ^^o Candy Candy left a deep impression since it was my first shoujo manga and I remember feeling so sad reading it... :(

vampiresaviorDate: Monday, 2011-09-05, 5:24 PM | Message # 22
Private
love this thread! :)
okay now to think back that far.. i think the first manga that made me cry was Hana Yori Dango. the whole angst with Tsukishi/Domyouji/Rui was so amazing. the first scene that made me cry was when Domyouji went a little crazy and forced kissed Tsukushi. how scared she must has felt when he was acting so crazy and how upset he was when he found out she was in love with Rui and then how bad he felt afterwards.

huina_humeDate: Monday, 2011-09-05, 10:05 PM | Message # 23
Private
The very first manga that made me cry umm.., it was FUSHIGI YUUGI by WATASE YUU (Shoujo)

The first manhwa that made me cry was DADDY LONG LEG by DO-CHAN (Shoujo) And,

The first manhua that made me cry was LUO XUE CHENG BAI by ZI GUE (Shonen-Ai)

They gave me a very deep impression even after years passed T-Ups

jubjubDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-01, 11:46 AM | Message # 24
Private
Well that one is easy cos it also happens to be the first manga I ever read: Fruits Basket
I guess I liked Kyo too much to see all his suffering without crying

FeedertDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-01, 6:17 PM | Message # 25
Private
Friends
It's an old manga about a girl who came from broken home and become hooligan. Then she met a nice girl and they become bestfriend. This girl has a childhood friend who felt in love with the heroine. But seeing that her friend love him very much, she doesn't return his feeling.
But then her friend became very sick and then died. She felt very much in shock, closed herself in her room and didn't do anything. No matter what other say, she didn't responded.

I cried very hard....

HatsuneMikuDate: Wednesday, 2011-11-02, 2:15 PM | Message # 26
Sergeant
The First Manga to ever make me cry was "Bitter Virgin" I've seriously Cried while Reading that on "SEVERAL" Occasions. It's a very sad Tragic Manga that will have you crying almost all the time. I dont want to give any spoilers but I suggest you read it.

NoitaminaDate: Saturday, 2011-11-05, 6:06 AM | Message # 27
Private
The first one was definitely X-1999. I cried so hard.

tainanDate: Sunday, 2011-11-06, 10:54 PM | Message # 28
Private
Deep Love! I really don't remember crying before that! This manga is just too tragic, Ayu story the dog too, her friend, her love, the grandma it's all too sad. I don't like even to remember T_T.

Sonk_HachiDate: Monday, 2011-11-14, 1:08 PM | Message # 29
Sergeant
Fist manga that I was cry is Psycho Buster! ..I didn't expect that It finished in that way!

xanderDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-22, 6:51 AM | Message # 30
Private
I tear up a little when a character I like dies in a series but the only time I've full on cried was when Hotohori from Fushigi Yugi died. It was the saddest moment in any manga for me. I still tear up whenever I read that part.

Esbe71Date: Wednesday, 2012-01-04, 11:00 PM | Message # 31
Private
The first manga that made me cry was Sakura-Gari, I was so sad that my mother noticed and asked me why I was so sad, there was no way I could tell her the real reason so I lied and told her I was having an argument with my boyfriend (sorry darling) ohs

writer4girlzDate: Saturday, 2012-01-14, 1:52 AM | Message # 32
Private
The first to make me cry was Fruits Basket. The storyline was great, but there was some moments when it had me tear up. Very sweet too. Bs

domiDate: Sunday, 2012-01-15, 4:27 PM | Message # 33
Private
so my first was for real cry: You're So Cool. i could not stop reading and still now i pick it and from page first to page last go through... so of course i need it to do when have time.

catpipeDate: Monday, 2012-01-23, 0:48 AM | Message # 34
Private
Hmm, the first manga to make me cry is Haou Airen. I hate sad endings.

bakasoraDate: Saturday, 2012-01-28, 2:07 PM | Message # 35
Private
I believe the first manga that made me cry is Fruits Basket. Almost all the story of each character are very sad that broke me to tears. Some cases also got me since I also experiencing the same thing such as: bullying, domestic violence, mother who can't accept her child's way of life, etc. Reading Fruits Basket gives an ease on my mind and heals my heart. I really love it!

mistiknitDate: Wednesday, 2012-02-01, 9:05 AM | Message # 36
Private
the first manga that made me cry is from shimizu yuki..LOVE MODE and nakamura shinguku...HYBRID CHILD. the endings of both manga made my heart clench and cry so much. the doujinshi of LOVE MODE made me cry.

DafneDate: Monday, 2012-02-06, 1:30 PM | Message # 37
Private
Well i consider myself to have a thick skin so i really don't cry so easily, but i think the first one that made me cry was Clover from CLAMP, it's just like everyone dies (or will die eventually ) and in very extreme escenarios

KeleiosDate: Sunday, 2012-02-19, 9:13 PM | Message # 38
Private
Kaiken Phrase one of the first manga I ever read made me cry many times. Though I have to say Haou Airen was much sadder. Man Shinju Mayu can write some serious tear jerkers.

NaishoDate: Thursday, 2012-03-01, 7:56 AM | Message # 39
Private
Oh dear, I'm not actually sure which manga was first....I think it was Hikaru no Go. I think I cried when Hikaru lost Sai and since Hikaru no Go was one of the first manga I've ever read, I guess it might be my first weepy manga @_@

Well, currently it's Natsume Yuujinchou that always make me cry, anime or manga. And it's not even a tragic anime/manga o.o

MidoriDate: Saturday, 2012-03-10, 4:19 AM | Message # 40
Lieutenant
Hmmm... Let me think...
My first manga or manhwa that made me cry is..
I think it was... Hana To Akuma Such a sad, sad fate!
I was really expecting Hana to be an angel but she was just another average mortal girl lady that cannot live eternally! Why!??
For further explanation, just read the manga, it's too awe-mazing to be just explained by a mere manga fanatic like me, well, I have no right!

I love reading manga I love my mom~!

Message edited by Midori - Saturday, 2012-03-10, 4:22 AM

qiaDate: Tuesday, 2012-08-21, 1:01 PM | Message # 41
Private
The first manhwa to make me cry was vampire game by Judal, by the last few volumes I was bawling

Through the last four volumes of Maou juvenile remix I couldn't stop crying. It's beautifully written and gets better and better. The last volume was just...

Anne freaks was probably my first manga though ( I cryed for the characters and the decisions they made), Full moon wo sagashite (the animes music made it more touching than the manga)

Actually banana fish ( shounen ai) was probably the first. Their relationship was sad and yet in the last volume it felt uplifting (but still unfair)

no_nameDate: Monday, 2012-10-15, 6:19 PM | Message # 42
Private
I don't really remember exactly what manga first made me cry as it been more than 10 years since I first started reading manga. But I think it was x/1999 by CLAMP. The story was really sad and tragic at some parts and its still one of my favourite manga.

Some of the more recent ones that have made me cry are My Girl and Super Lovers.

airconzDate: Saturday, 2012-11-17, 7:15 AM | Message # 43
Private
I'm sure there's been quite a few since I'm pretty emotional so I can't remember my first

I'd have to give this award to Sakura Gari though, since I distinctly remember it

The art was great, it was dramatic but not so much that it was cheesy and then the ending

just

the ending

lulu89Date: Sunday, 2012-12-09, 3:42 AM | Message # 44
Private
Yeah! My first Manhuwa was Totally Captivated. omg... when it got to all the drama and.... stuff... LOL.. I CRIED!! ooh... big tears of heart break and frustration!! I am so happy that I gave it a try. For some reason I was reluctant to read my first manhuwa... so glad I don't hesitate now. lol

as for my first manga.. which was FAKE, .... oh yeah... teared up a little... but not like how I cried for Totally captivated. FAKE was more of a.... sentimental feels of crying. lol...

a7thinaDate: Tuesday, 2013-01-22, 10:44 PM | Message # 45
Private
Zetsuai - both the anime and the manga! Such passionate, desperate love... T_T
Was also the first manga I read!

nakaraDate: Tuesday, 2013-03-26, 12:43 PM | Message # 46
Private
Oh, easy question..the first manga that made me cry was You ar emy love prize in viewfinder...my god...Asami is so sexy and akihiko so full of love for him...I think after that yaoi I start to search for a man like Asami, even if I know in reality he can't exist, so maybe this s the reason why I still be a single lady???=)

SesgarDate: Monday, 2013-04-22, 10:13 AM | Message # 47
Private
I think the first manga that made cry was Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan. It's drawn by Yumeka Sumomo and it's based on a korean book which I'd love to read as soon as it is in Spanish or English :). I really recommend it!!

takashimuraDate: Friday, 2013-09-06, 11:35 AM | Message # 48
Private
Hmmm if I can recall, I think I was really touched after reading BL manga Sono Kuchibiru ni Yoru no Tsuyu
It's because although the story about A took revenge on B by raping him after work hours, but actually B love A. It's just B can't express his love very well

I guess you should read it...

xanthenicoleDate: Sunday, 2016-01-10, 1:24 PM | Message # 49
Private
If I recall, and it's been so long, but I think the first manhwa that made me cry was Mars.  In that story the female protagonist has experienced so many hardships including rape.  The male protagonist who is imperfect like her and accepts her regardless of her past has his own troubled life.  The two are an unlikely pair, but due to their hardships they are perfect for each other.  When her hardshipss are finally revealed, I couldn't help but cry.  It's very moving.

galla4yaoiDate: Monday, 2016-02-01, 1:22 AM | Message # 50
Private
The first one I remember which definitely made me cry was Hybrid Child (the last story, obviously). So, so, sad. I'm pretty sure I also cried when reading Pure - the ending was very sad but hopeful at the same time.

Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manhwa » First manga/manhwa that made you cry?
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: