Welcome, Guest!
Thursday, 2024-04-18
Please check the donation page for more information.
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manhwa » What is your favourite manhwa?
What is your favourite manhwa?
emicleDate: Monday, 2011-02-21, 9:00 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Reader
My favourite manhwa is saver because the heroine one of the best. She is tough, smart and reliable

PandoraDate: Monday, 2011-02-21, 9:46 PM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Administrator
I Love 1/2 Prince the most out of all of the ones Ive read so far Yay

RyoutakuDate: Thursday, 2011-02-24, 3:27 AM | Message # 3
Sergeant
Group: Member
Mmmhmmm My favorite is Basara, Just an awesome Mystery and Adventure manga~

nycmangoDate: Sunday, 2011-04-24, 11:22 PM | Message # 4
Private
totally captivated is hands down the best BL yaoi manhwa there is out there so far. I mean its because so little people scanlate them and license them in America that we don't really get to see a lot, but from my research of buying them through libro Korean bookstore ... I found that there really inst any great ones that can compare to yooha jin's work of art. The way she draws her chracters are just so "sexy" ... oddly to say sexy for art is weird enough but it is truly captivating and a must read if you haven't read it yet!

its totally not explicit BL stuff so its safe to read for non-bl lovers!

Hibari-Tsuna-4-everDate: Sunday, 2011-04-24, 11:28 PM | Message # 5
Yaoi Lover
Group: Administrator
I do agree Total captivated is good, but i like more Sex Pistol, Crimsom spell, Viewfinder, Junjou Romantica and The Tyrant Who fell in Love Kyah and i think i just named my favorite Yaoi manga Yay Man is such an addiction NB

AikoaikoDate: Sunday, 2011-04-24, 11:36 PM | Message # 6
Private
You just named some really great series. I also love Tyrant and Junjou (tho honestly not the Romantica arcs, I perfer Egoist and Terrorist.) But if we're talking about fave BL series, I have to say mines is more likely Kusatta Kyoushi no Houteishiki. I also love Gravity Eyes too

dashDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 6:35 AM | Message # 7
Sergeant
My favourite manhwa is Saver. I consider myself fortunate enough for this manhwa to be completely scanlated. Then I really loved some of the BL manhwas I've read: Totally Captivated, Boy Princess, The Summit. And there are many good shoujo manhwas I couldn't choose from: Bride of the Water God, Queen's, Real Fake Princess... And of course, 1/2 Prince :)

sammiekndDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 2:51 PM | Message # 8
Private
My favourite Manhwa of all time has gotta be Totally Captivated by Yoo Ha Jin, Love this series so, so much, followed second by the Summit, they both have awesome artwork and a great storyline to match!

lov2hateDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 4:41 PM | Message # 9
Private
I really love Total captivated, because it was very will written. Also i love manhwa that protrays the girls being strong and kick ass, like the Red lion, Hot blooded women, Saver, Crazy Girl Shin Bia (only at the couple of vol. at the beginning), Right now i am into Noblesse, it is very will drawn and the written, also its funny a big plus. lol

hassliebeDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 5:02 PM | Message # 10
Private
My favorite BL manhwa is definitely Totally Captivated, know you understand why; followed closely by Demon Diaries . As for other genres, my favorite sunjeong would be the Bride of the Water Good.

kotori_chan88Date: Monday, 2011-04-25, 5:15 PM | Message # 11
Private
I LOVE Totally Captivated (god, it made me laugh and cry so much!) in the second The Summit (on hiatus sadly ;-;) and Let Dai (though drama is not my thing)
Btw, Totally Captivated may be not explicit but the doujinshis are very explicit, so be careful haha

FathomDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 5:19 PM | Message # 12
Private
My favorite would have to be the webtoon "Nobelesse". As for regualr manhwa series, I have quite a few, but the ones that stand out are "Zippy Zig", "Laon", "Trace," "The Breaker", "Vanilla Ice", "Banquet Box", "Arcana", "Romance Papa," "Id", "Half Prince", and a lot more.

There are also a bunch of yaoi titles that I can't remember the titles as well.

BerylDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 11:04 PM | Message # 13
Private
I really like Totally Captivated, Saver and A Wolf's Warning. A Wolf's Warning makes me laugh and I am a sucker for comedies.

IchigoDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 11:38 PM | Message # 14
Sergeant
1001 Nights, is my all time fav. >D
Kyah
I hope there will more stories like it from the same creators of it.

vanillachchDate: Tuesday, 2011-04-26, 2:23 AM | Message # 15
Private
OG the summit definitively has been without a doubt one of the best manwhas i've read so far, but also i've liked you[re so cool, very angsty i might add, oh and "pure", although it is not yet entirely scanlated, but it gives you a feeling that not every story has a happy ending. Bs

emyshekoDate: Tuesday, 2011-04-26, 10:39 AM | Message # 16
Private
my favorite manhwa is saver.....the plot is interesting and not boring despite being 17 volumes and the heroine is strong and reliable and being with a time travel plot, it was interesting to read how she would coup with this era were no one knows her ...also the art is great

Message edited by emysheko - Tuesday, 2011-04-26, 11:04 AM

midoriko83Date: Tuesday, 2011-04-26, 11:00 AM | Message # 17
Private
My favorite manhwa are BL stories The Summit, Boy Princess, Let Dai and 1001 Nights.
Also I love Dany &Dany works like: Wishing for the Moon, Anima, The Lili and the Rose, I.D.O.L.

bvanessaDate: Tuesday, 2011-04-26, 12:09 PM | Message # 18
Private
It's a difficult question!!! I love a lot of manhwa...Maybe my favorite is Forbidden kiss. I love HYR and it's her best serie. The story is really cute and funny. The romance between the characters is fantastic L

blindoniDate: Tuesday, 2011-04-26, 3:19 PM | Message # 19
Private
My favorite manhwa is Totally Captivated, it's the best one I ever read, also A Night of a Thousand Dreams is a good one too. L

yumikichiDate: Tuesday, 2011-04-26, 4:47 PM | Message # 20
Private
My fav BL are 1001 Nights, Totally Captivated and The Summit Kyah I began reading BL manwha before shoujo cause a frind of mine, a spanish girl, gave me the 1001 Night´s first volume

Her mother find it disgusting and grounded her u__u

In shoujo Saver, Love in the Mask and Hot Blooded Woman

Message edited by yumikichi - Tuesday, 2011-04-26, 5:31 PM

Miao-MiaoDate: Wednesday, 2011-04-27, 11:16 AM | Message # 21
Private
For BL manhwa, my favourite is Boy Princess. As for Shoujo, I think You're So Cool is the best. Love at First Sight, Totally Captivated, 100% Perfect Girl, Bride of The Water God, Girl Queen, Blue Bird, Sarasah and Lover Discovery are interesting too. L

ArielDate: Monday, 2011-05-02, 10:52 PM | Message # 22
Private
My favorite manhwas are (exactly in this order):
Totally Captivated
The Breaker
The Summit (really a pity that this has been on hiatus)
U Don't Know Me
Saver
Zippy Zig (I'm loving it)

Message edited by Ariel - Monday, 2011-05-02, 11:22 PM

Jergens011Date: Monday, 2011-05-09, 3:44 AM | Message # 23
Private
Theres a lot of manhwa that i liked. for yaoi theres Let Dai and Totally Captivated and recently Pure but i dont think Pure is yaoi. And for non-yaoi theres Honggane, Goong, Boy of the Female Wolf, Love in the Mask, My boyfriend is a vampire and World! Bring it On.

JiNXDate: Tuesday, 2011-05-10, 1:59 AM | Message # 24
Private
I have quite a few actually. A lot happen to be by the same author. But to name a few:
100% Perfert Girl
Can't Lose You
Legend of Nereid
Hot Blooded Woman
Masca

... and actually quite a few more. Really, I can't just name one. Because most of the ones I've read, they are ones I've loved enough to read more than once.

Message edited by JiNX - Tuesday, 2011-05-10, 2:09 AM

tamDate: Saturday, 2011-07-02, 2:52 AM | Message # 25
Private
My favorite manhwas are:
-Noblesse (vampires, hot guys, action, comedy)
-Saver (strong heroine, devoted hero)
-Totally Captivated (BL, sexy, possessive seme)
-Threads of Time (epic, great art, good story, cute ending)

dayde3Date: Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 0:48 AM | Message # 26
Private
Man, i have to read all of these recommendations.

My favorite manwha is Ugly Duckling to Swan with so many as runner ups, but World Bring it On is also one of my favorites.

I love Saver as well because she is so strong.

aryDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 4:52 AM | Message # 27
Private
the breaker is my fav

woolexsDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 4:54 AM | Message # 28
Private
My favorite manhwa would be Tower of God. The manga just get me going and going

Nino007Date: Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 2:13 PM | Message # 29
Private
I like Boy Princess and You're So Cool the most. They were really cute and touching.

BeaTru13Date: Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 2:19 PM | Message # 30
Private
My favorite manhwa is probably Laon by YOU Hyun and A A-ru. It`s weird but good and Laon is so cute Kyah

What if I wanted to fight, Beg for the rest of my life? Come break me down, Bury me, bury me ,I am finished with you.

Message edited by BeaTru13 - Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 6:37 PM

AniDate: Monday, 2011-07-25, 11:09 PM | Message # 31
Private
In term of manga, I love all works of Ayane Yamano since my favorite gene now is BL. Additionally I can't waiting for new chapters of Berserk, Homunculus and Gantz (I even tried to translate Homunculus into my mother language HOHO )

About manhwa, definitely it was Hot Blooded Woman of Hwang Mi Ri and my big love now is Noblesse of Lee Gwang Su. I like cool characters like Rai and Frank NB

gorevlyerDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 1:15 AM | Message # 32
Private
Good manhwa Ive read till today

Let Dai
Goong
You're So Cool
Totally Captivated
Hot Blooded Woman
Sugar Addiction

StarlightDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 2:41 AM | Message # 33
Private
My favorite Manhwa use to be Goong, but as the chapters progressed it became a little repetitive. I also like Chocolat, Boy Princess, and Totally Captivated! All are lovely books!

juceDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 3:15 AM | Message # 34
Private
My favorite manhwa is U Don't Know Me by Na Yeri. I think it's the greatest manhwa ever NB
Childhood best friends Yoojin and Seyun are raised as real brothers, but both of them struggle with non-brotherly feelings until they can't hold them in.
The characters are charming and the art is gorgeous.

hgc100Date: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 9:09 AM | Message # 35
Private
Not like manga, when I read manhwa, I'm looking for funny story :P So maybe I like Demon Diary by Kara most XDD It have funny, shounen-ai(ish) story and the art is good XDD

I don't read many yaoi manhwa but Totally Captivated is a really good one XDD My friend told me about this, very interesting and... hot :xxxx The doujinshi of this title is great too :))

Trên hai vai ta đôi vầng nhật nguyệt.
Rọi suốt trăm năm...
...một cõi đi về.

hunny2thebes2Date: Wednesday, 2011-07-27, 0:26 AM | Message # 36
Private
My favorite would be Hot Blooded woman one of the best manwhas ever, since it has a great story line and a greate ending.
This manwhas has all the elements that a great story should have, It has comedy, action, body swaping spirte, cute guys and best of all it has an actual ending that completes the manga from start to finish.
The ending I won't say what it is but it ends with what most readers want a glimps into the future for all characters the main ones and the side ones.
This is a manwha that everyone should read. Since its completed in english as well.

xoxmwaDate: Saturday, 2011-08-27, 1:00 PM | Message # 37
Private
TOTALLY CAPTIVATED L

ow how i love that series... the plot, the art, the boys xp it was the first shounen-ai/yaoi plot i ever read, and that was one good introduction to the genre OG

and then there is boy princess and devil's bride, which are two amazing manhwa also ^^ their art is simply breath taking

Message edited by xoxmwa - Saturday, 2011-08-27, 1:01 PM

NaoDate: Sunday, 2011-08-28, 2:54 AM | Message # 38
Private
I think I'd have to say that it's a tie between Happy Ending, Savage Garden, & Flowers of Evil (I'm a fan of the manwhaga, lol.). Although I loved Savage Garden, I hated the ending (it felt unfinished. Empty. Like it had just been abandoned.) Flowers of Evil was perfect, though. (Beautifully twisted.) Happy Ending was heartbreaking and nearly killed me, but it's incredibly beautiful.

Message edited by Nao - Sunday, 2011-08-28, 2:55 AM

toki-chanDate: Monday, 2011-10-31, 8:08 AM | Message # 39
Private
I haven't read many manhwa, but here are some of my favorites:

Savage Garden
March Story
Threads of Time

xLilimDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-01, 4:28 AM | Message # 40
Private
Flowers of Evil is my favorite manhwa, hands down. I think it is because the story was so twisted and the characters were so deep. It was pretty intense and kept me at the edge of my seat. I don't usually read manhwa (hard to find something I liked), but this was definitely worth running into. D:

etineskiDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-01, 1:26 PM | Message # 41
Private
hmm actually i like GOONG. Although, its taking a long time to finish it, but mostly goong happens in real life. Manhwa is a bit dark if u ask me, tragic than mangas..

FeedertDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-01, 5:35 PM | Message # 42
Private
Hmmm, Manhwa huh.... My current fav is Noblesse. I like some others too, like Absolute Witch, You're My Everything by HMR and Bride of Water God. But their updates are too slow, so I could't enjoy the story fully T_T. I also like happy ending very much, so I scratched Saver and Queen's Knight from my list right after I heard how they ended.

gohanshadowDate: Wednesday, 2011-11-09, 2:15 AM | Message # 43
Private
My favorite manhwa is 1001 Nights. It has awesome art and I love stories that mess with other stories. The various takes one the stories told are amazing. Some are funny, some are sad, and some just make one think. I also love the main couple! They are so cute together and the story has LOTS of tense moments. Bs

olooreDate: Monday, 2011-12-12, 11:12 AM | Message # 44
Private
I'm not an expert in manhwa, because I have not read a lot of them yet. But from what I have read so far I like Goong for witty humor and interesting description of inner palace way of living and I like Bride for Water God for its gorgeous art

tkoDate: Thursday, 2011-12-15, 6:04 PM | Message # 45
Private
My favourite manhwas are both webcomics and have vampires, but that's just a coincidence, they're Noblesse and Orange Marmalade. Sadly, Cheese in the Trap isn't being scanlated anymore, so I can only read the summaries.

catpipeDate: Monday, 2012-01-23, 0:55 AM | Message # 46
Private
My favourite manhwas are:
Saver
Lost in London
Masca
TAL
, etc. Can't remember it all, except this at the moment.

MidoriDate: Saturday, 2012-03-10, 11:37 AM | Message # 47
Lieutenant
My favorite manhwa is "Love in the Mask", it is the first manhwa that touched my heart, putting aside the fact that the ending was kinda anti-climatic, I'd still love it! I'd love it even more if the author made another book which is the continuation of "Love in the Mask"

I love reading manga I love my mom~!

TifaDate: Friday, 2012-03-16, 10:37 AM | Message # 48
Private
tbh i dont rmb the title since its been awhile since i read it..
bt the storyline is where the girl becomes and model and like this guy name Gin...

MidoriDate: Saturday, 2012-03-17, 12:50 PM | Message # 49
Lieutenant
Tifa, I think I know what manga you're talking about!! Let me just research it!

I love reading manga I love my mom~!

chomioDate: Saturday, 2012-06-16, 9:40 AM | Message # 50
Private
Omg, their are a lot...
- Orange Marmalade (I like Vampires NB )
- The Breaker
- The Breaker: New Waves
- Demon King (except for the two first volumes, in third volume it starts to get really good.)
- Threads of Time
- Zippy Ziggy
- Ares
- The God of High School
- The Legend of Maian
- Chronicles of the Cursed Sword
- Immortal Regis
- Nowhere Boy
- Crepuscule (Yamchi)
- Legend of Tyr
- Welcome to Room #305!
- Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School (omg, you laugh a lot HOHO )
- Magician (KIM Sarae)
- La Mosca
- Wake Up Deadman
- Monk! (but I didn't hear anything from it for a while now, so it was in the best part when the group quit).
- Wolf's Castle
- Lights Out (some volumes are bad)
- Rebirth (vampires ;) )
- Under Prin
- Last Fantasy
- PhD: Phantasy Degree (only first volume)

And everthing from Boichi (He started as manwhaka and ended up as mangaka....)

Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manhwa » What is your favourite manhwa?
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: