Welcome, Guest!
Thursday, 2024-04-25
Please check the donation page for more information.
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manhwa » What is your Favorite Genre?
What is your Favorite Genre?
mokoDate: Saturday, 2011-08-27, 4:52 AM | Message # 51
Private
Group: Reader
Comedy! I love comedy and yaoi! And comedy+yaoi+mystery is yeah

hoshikawaakariDate: Saturday, 2011-08-27, 5:15 AM | Message # 52
Private
I'd say yaoi/shounen ai(duh) but aside from the obvious it would probably be either comedy or action .i tend to read more shounen mangas than shoujo cause that's where most of the action and comedy is. Plus the drama developed in shounen and shoujo mangas are totally different and i tend to like the drama in shounen more.

DebsDate: Saturday, 2011-08-27, 9:31 AM | Message # 53
Private
I like alsorts really but my favourites are fantasy, shoujo, josei, yaoi. I do like shounen but only in anime normally, i do read some shounen mangas like naruto and bleach.

zeroDate: Saturday, 2011-08-27, 10:32 AM | Message # 54
Private
My favourite genres would be action, adventure and yaoi. I also like comedy and romance, but I still prefer something with a little action ^^

NaoDate: Sunday, 2011-08-28, 3:15 AM | Message # 55
Private
Probably a tie between seinen & historical. Supernatural (old Japan/Korea ghost stories) is great too. It's even better if one or more of those is combined with BL, lol.

NeioDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-01, 6:33 AM | Message # 56
Private
Group: Member
I mostly read shounen manga. Since they're usually the ones that are long. :D My favorites are D. Gray-man, Hunter X Hunter, Eyeshield 21, Sket Dance, and Ao no Exorcist. Also I've read a lot of shoujo since it's what got me started with reading manga in the first place. But lately the number of shoujo that interest me has been decreasing.

I've been reading a lot of BL lately too. :D not to mention Yaoi. NB My yaoi manga collection is growing by the day.

-Simo-Date: Saturday, 2011-11-05, 12:25 PM | Message # 57
Private
I don't have one, but I think that to catch my attention a manga should at least have some comedy and romance in it, if it's only action or it's a total tragedy/psychological story I get bored.

HatsuneMikuDate: Sunday, 2011-11-06, 1:00 AM | Message # 58
Sergeant
Hmmm. My favorite Genre is Romance. Hands Down. After that it would be Shoujo, Josei, drama, Tragedy, Comedy... yup... in that order.

serqeyDate: Monday, 2011-11-07, 2:28 PM | Message # 59
Private
hmmm....If its by genre most likely for me to check quickly is if i know its shounen-ai or yaoi then i would love it either if its romance,comedy,adventure,mystery or sci-fi but if its not yaoi I will only read it if its really interesting like if the focus of the story is about adventure,mystery or its only shounen meaning there are a lot of girls who likes them but they dont have specific partner..I dont like cheesy stuff unless its yaoi....hehehe....

Message edited by serqey - Monday, 2011-11-07, 2:36 PM

gohanshadowDate: Wednesday, 2011-11-09, 1:44 AM | Message # 60
Private
I love yaoi! L Though comedic romance is a favorite, I enjoy a good tense romance as well. ;) Sometimes I will read short shoujo stories. Everything must have a happy ending with a good wrap up. I get SO annoyed when I read a good story that ends in the main characters either dying, forgetting everything that happened, or end up in a relationship that never gets defined. SO friggin annoying! :p

Sonk_HachiDate: Monday, 2011-11-14, 1:11 PM | Message # 61
Sergeant
My favourite genre are Shoujo and Shonen! *__* I love them! L
Then i love Gender Bender and comedy too! >w<

MomperDate: Wednesday, 2011-11-16, 9:52 PM | Message # 62
Private
Hallo!

I do not have favorite genre, everything is good to me as long as story is good. One thing I hate, will never read is weak girl who has no talent or intellect and can't do anything but is super popular and has many dream come true. Too idealistic and bad image for modern-day strong independent women.

Sorry if offend anyone ^_^;

Crystalc86Date: Monday, 2011-12-05, 3:23 PM | Message # 63
Private
Oh man i can't say i have one in particular. It is more a mix. I like Comedy-romance and/or action/adventure included in. I love a love story but i also love the funny cute comedic times that make the characters sooooo much more lovable. Action/adventure adds in a bit of a more depth to the plot in my opinion. The adventure can include a historical time warp to the past or like action such as fighting/sports. Majority of the manga are like that. Sea adventure, set in the old days, etc.

I love these times of manga the best 8D

valvicDate: Saturday, 2011-12-10, 9:41 PM | Message # 64
Private
I like any manga that involves a gender bender those make the most interesting. I also like the ones that are superstitious involving especially vamps like my boyfriend is a vampire or until the fullmoon. lately yoai (spelling?) has become a guilty pleasure but they are freakin soooooo good. NB Though, a manga must always have comedy and romance, without those two things I will not read a manga.

tkoDate: Thursday, 2011-12-15, 6:22 PM | Message # 65
Private
I don't care which demographic it is, Shounen, Seinen, Shoujo, or Josei but almost everything is better with a bit of romantic development. Strangely enough, I don't like tragedies, but I can't seem to stay away from them, they draw me in like a moth to a candle.

Message edited by tko - Thursday, 2011-12-15, 6:28 PM

AzumaDate: Friday, 2011-12-30, 12:03 PM | Message # 66
Private
I read a pretty wide variety for the most part, though I tend to try and stay away from most series that are too needlessly fanservicy. Recently (This past year) I've started to read more and more Shoujo and Josei series.

PawynDate: Friday, 2011-12-30, 3:37 PM | Message # 67
Private
Hmm, I guess my fav genre is... romance (i.e shoujo stuff), but I like also supernatural, mystery, and sometimes competition found in shounen stuff, too. Absurdly comical can work (Yankee-kun and Megane-chan) as well~

malumDate: Friday, 2011-12-30, 6:41 PM | Message # 68
Private
My favourite is definately shonen OG in combination with fantasy and comedy
I also like yaoi ° v °
But I'm open to everything if the story is really good, or I love the art (Obata >.>)

Chi-chanDate: Friday, 2011-12-30, 8:59 PM | Message # 69
Private
I always really liked shounen/seinen more than shoujo, and this led me to discover the doujinshi (I was in high school), which led me to yaoi... What dominates my life just now.
So If I have to say, without doubt, now, my favorite genre is the BL.
I am a fujoshi! >_<

gumboDate: Friday, 2011-12-30, 10:53 PM | Message # 70
Private
My favorite category is yaoi, of course. But, within the yaoi category, the genres I enjoy most are action, adventure and fantasy. I love yakuza stories, as well as adventure-type (think Indiana Jones), or paranormal.

recureDate: Saturday, 2011-12-31, 0:14 AM | Message # 71
Private
my favourite genre are comedy,romance,action,shonen,shoujo(well i only read a few),fantasy,supernatural and many more .....
well i think i'll like the manga as long as i find it interesting

elocynDate: Sunday, 2012-01-01, 2:32 AM | Message # 72
Private
Yaoi would top my list, but I also prefer comedy, fantasy and romance. I like sad pairings but only if it has a happy ending.

Message edited by elocyn - Sunday, 2012-01-01, 2:43 AM

seliaDate: Sunday, 2012-01-01, 4:47 AM | Message # 73
Private
Well, if I think about it shounen types were always my favs, but sometimes I like reading shoujo ones as well, however I'm not very interested in romantic stories. My newly favs are web comics, like noblesse, and orange marmalade (one shounen and one shoujo type XD)

Roy13Date: Sunday, 2012-01-01, 11:48 AM | Message # 74
Private
Ohhhhh My favorite genre.... it is yaoi NB I know......
But I love shounen, action, angst and fantasy!
I don't like much of shoujo....maybe because I have read some bad examples.

majestic_stormDate: Monday, 2012-01-02, 3:30 AM | Message # 75
Private
My favorite of all time is yaoi, can't go to sleep if I haven't read some yaoi that day. happy If the yaoi was a comedy that would be even better because I love to laugh. I used to read shoujo, but then I got bored of it after a few years.

AriDate: Monday, 2012-01-02, 6:27 PM | Message # 76
Private
When I first started reading manga I couldn't get enough shoujo, especially if they were comedy. But then I discovered BL... *////*
So I suppose yaoi and comedy... although I love tragic romances as well (like Kaze to Ki no Uta). :D

IMustBeInsaneDate: Tuesday, 2012-01-03, 0:06 AM | Message # 77
Private
I am all about the romance. A good, well-written romance can get me to stomach anything (except for tragedy, because, let's face it, who wants to read a series for three years, waiting eagerly for the next chapter, rooting for the main couple, and then have one of them randomly die and leave the other all alone? Not me, that's for sure!). It's best if there's at least a little comedy or drama, and it's really nice when the romance is a side-story and not the focus BUT IF THE ROMANCE IS NOT THERE, I WILL HAVE A HARD TIME READING IT!

ImmaDate: Tuesday, 2012-01-03, 1:23 PM | Message # 78
Private
For me, mmmm....... I think I like Comedy too. When I read I want to spend a good time, and also they say that it's a good thing to laugh a little a day.
But nowdays, what I love most is yaoi. There are stories that become sooo sweet, I think that are better thouth and done than shoujo manga.

heeheeDate: Tuesday, 2012-01-03, 3:50 PM | Message # 79
Private
I'm quite like Fathom, I go for seinen/shounen and yaoi. Though shoujo can be relaxing sometimes, and some are worth it, so I read from everything ^^

unbirthdayDate: Wednesday, 2012-01-04, 7:25 AM | Message # 80
Private
I love romantic comedies, but most of my favourite mangas are fantasy/supernatural so now my favourite genres are those. also crime/detective/mystery. but if the manga is great regardless of the genre I would still love it.

Message edited by unbirthday - Wednesday, 2012-01-04, 7:48 AM

Esbe71Date: Wednesday, 2012-01-04, 11:13 PM | Message # 81
Private
I really don´t have a favorite genre it all depends on my mood. But if I have to pick one I would say that yaoi or Shonen ai are my cup of tea (so cute)... well I also love reading horror at night... but I also like the Shoujo sweetness or shounen action... forget it I just love reading a good story :)

mizuqueenDate: Thursday, 2012-01-12, 11:18 AM | Message # 82
Private
i like bl, yaoi, shounen-ai...the whole song and dance. but i like some josei and shojuou too.

of the yaoi/bl categories i like romantic comedies. i also like romantic comedies with an element of fantasy. i'm pretty much up for anything different and unique. i like to see things i haven't seen before in the genre.

like how many more times do i need to see a high school or office romance? well obviously i still carry a torch for those situation but i like original situations. the more unusual the better.

shnuppiDate: Friday, 2012-01-13, 11:47 AM | Message # 83
Private
I'd have to say i love yaoi the most. It just isn't the same as shoujou-ai. And i love age gap relations, where the seme is older. and i guess comedy is good too. maybe my expectations are a bit high, but i still like other genres too >< but i dont like yuri-_-

catpipeDate: Monday, 2012-01-23, 0:50 AM | Message # 84
Private
Romance being first because what manga doesn't have it. Followed by shounen, seinen, yaoi, fantasy, sci-fi, supernatural... the list goes on. Oh oh can't forget yaoi.

faechildeDate: Thursday, 2012-01-26, 4:36 AM | Message # 85
Private
It's hard for me to commit to one genre. When reading manga, most of what I read have elements of romance, fantasy, supernatural, action & comedy. I tend to read a lot of gender bender romances. However, those are all sub-genres that fall within the genre categories. My favorite genre would be shoujo, followed by josei, shounen-ai, yaoi & shounen.

MaluDate: Tuesday, 2012-02-07, 4:38 PM | Message # 86
Private
My favourite genre is Shounen!! I lovee Katekyo Hitman Reborn and D-Gray Man!!
But, the shonen ai like No.6 is the best!! I'm not a big fan of yaoi, I prefer shonen ai xD
Ahh... Also~
Gender Bender!! Is the best xD
I hate the tragedy because sometimes the end is sad =( But anyways, if is a good history I can see it xD

ShaynekoDate: Saturday, 2012-02-11, 3:10 PM | Message # 87
Private
For me it doesn't really matter what genre it is as long as the story is really good. Though I do love BL along with some other things that dont fall into that category. Gender benders actually are really interesting, the ones I have read normally have good stories that make me laugh. I think my all time favorite thing to read is fantasy with a little humor mixed in as well some darkness.

ChippDate: Thursday, 2012-02-16, 2:43 PM | Message # 88
Private
I think that it's something psychological... I also like horrors and thrillers.

maryannaDate: Friday, 2012-02-17, 12:37 PM | Message # 89
Private
L Of course yaoi. And then goes josey. I love something non-trivial, but actually read different manga. SOmetimes it is even like "I must read it to the end" HOHO

RosaDate: Friday, 2012-02-17, 8:08 PM | Message # 90
Private
My favorite genres are yaoi, shouen-ai, romance, supernatural, and fantasy. My most favorite genre is yaoi.

fujiyukiDate: Friday, 2012-02-17, 11:37 PM | Message # 91
Private
My favourite genre would be yaoi, shounen-ai, shoujo and shounen. I tend to read more yaoi overall though. But it depends on my mood really. I love mostly romance, comedy and drama. But I also love my sports, historical and spiritual genres too.

shadowheartsDate: Saturday, 2012-02-18, 1:42 PM | Message # 92
Private
i love comedy, gender bender, shounen and of course yaoi!

orquideaDate: Thursday, 2012-02-23, 2:07 PM | Message # 93
Private
My favorite genre is yaoi and shounen.

MidoriDate: Saturday, 2012-03-10, 10:18 AM | Message # 94
Lieutenant
Mine is as follows BELOW and and a brief explanation why:

• Comedy - I love to make a few gags :)
  • Gender Bender - I love to see twists in mangas :)
  • Yaoi - I love to see hawt bishies :)

I love reading manga I love my mom~!

TifaDate: Friday, 2012-03-16, 10:30 AM | Message # 95
Private
Gender Bender... XP excites me lol...
yaoi, action, fantasy and COMEDY!!!

MidoriDate: Saturday, 2012-03-17, 12:53 PM | Message # 96
Lieutenant
Yay~! We have the same favorite genres xD

I love reading manga I love my mom~!

KanokoDate: Wednesday, 2012-05-02, 6:45 AM | Message # 97
Private
I highly prefer seinen and josei, with subtle romance and enough comedic factor. I also like mysteries and psychological, but good ones are so few. :( Any good romance is fine by me, especially when the ending is bittersweet. I read anything (I have a sizable collection of hentai, even) when I'm bored enough.

Message edited by Kanoko - Wednesday, 2012-05-02, 6:47 AM

chomioDate: Saturday, 2012-06-16, 9:19 AM | Message # 98
Private
Dark Fantasy (with some comedic undertone), for example King of Hell, Berserk, Last Fantasy, Darren Shan, etc.
L
I also like sport series like Major, Buyuden and don't forgot Baby Steps and Eyeshield 21. Kyah

In general it needs action or/and comedy, nothing pure romantic that gets boring after two volumes. shock

qiaDate: Tuesday, 2012-08-21, 4:20 AM | Message # 99
Private
I love psychological genre because I find the stories are usually always original and make you think.
Gender bender is always fun and shounen ai is adorable:) I'll read all genres though. I find that you'll be able come across special in something special in a genre you don't expect if stay open^^

majestic_stormDate: Wednesday, 2012-10-03, 3:11 AM | Message # 100
Private
I love yaoi and comedy! Yaoi forever! :D Well, I would prefer it if the yaoi had some plot in there, but if not, that's ok too :)

Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manhwa » What is your Favorite Genre?
Search: