Welcome, Guest!
Friday, 2024-03-29
Please check the donation page for more information.
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manhwa » Your Favorite Mangaka?
Your Favorite Mangaka?
totodoodooDate: Sunday, 2011-04-24, 7:54 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Reader
Who's your favorite mangaka?

For me, it's kinda hard to say, but here are a few that I like...
TAKAHASHI Tsutomu
IWAOKA Hisae
KUBONOUCHI Eisaku
UNITA Yumi
YUKI Kaori
KOMI Naoshi as a Oneshot author

nycmangoDate: Sunday, 2011-04-24, 11:20 PM | Message # 2
Private
Since I love yaoi manga a lot I must list my favorite yaoi manga is too many to list hahah But I do admit the most famous one everyone in the yaoi community likes in japanese manga is yamano ayano and in korean manga it would be yooha jin.

:) In shoujo manga it use to be shinjo mayu or maybe its been so long I can't even remember her name but she does a lot of smut works hence its adult and just right for me since I'm an adult and should be reading semi adult mangas or else my friends will think im childish ^^;;

Hibari-Tsuna-4-everDate: Sunday, 2011-04-24, 11:29 PM | Message # 3
Yaoi Lover
Group: Administrator
YEP Yamano Ayano and Naono Bohra are my favorite mangaka I got some others but i dont know theire names unfortunatly shock

KyokoDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 0:32 AM | Message # 4
Private
I wonder, does it count if they're a doujinshi circle? X'D
I seriously adore Eden no Ringo (Apple of Eden) who in my subjective opinion draws some of the most prettiest Reborn 1827 doujinshi. Not to mention their stories can be extremely cute an fluffy.
Negahyst and Santarose is another big favourite of mine >_<
The person who drew Negahyst if I remember correctly does have her own manga, where as the author(mangaka?) Saki Otoh is from Naked Ape who made mangas such as Swich and Dolls (I also like this group a lot too X'D)

In terms of mangaka CLAMP is on top of my list since (other than Sailor Moon) they were the group that really started me into drawing manga-related stuff. They're coloured artbooks are also a joy to collect!

For yaoi mangaka it's a little hard since for some I like the art, but less so for their story plots (okok, yaoi supposedly refers to no plot as well but ...). where as in others the art is decent, but with really good plots.
Art wise I like Akira Norikazu (actually I like her stories too X'D) and a number of others which I can't remember the name of atm.
As for plot Abe Miyuki tends to have really good stories for a number of her mangas.

Could go on and on, but I think I've covered most of the ones on top of my list hehe.

LennieDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 2:19 AM | Message # 5
Private
For me, it has to be ABE Miyuki because her newer tittles are all on my favorite list. I like how her manga are fluffy and is not rushing to anywhere and her art style is very detail and easy on the eyes.

bellldaDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 6:21 AM | Message # 6
Private
My most favourite mangakas (there aren't all of them because I like a lot of them ohs ) :
Shugiura Shiho
Yamane Ayano
Matsuri Hino
Nicky Lee
Takanaga Hinako
Moegi Yuu
Ha Jin Yoo
Nakamura Shungiku
and Eun Young Lee

LoreDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 10:40 AM | Message # 7
Private
I have more than one that I like but Yamane Ayano, Ougi Yuzuha, Nekota Yonezou and Mishima Kazuhiko are one of my favorites because their art style is sooooo good! Kyah

I also like the stories from Naono Bohra, hot seme falling for an older uke, and also Fujisaki Kou because there are hot bishies falling for common ukes! LU

But right now I love the drawings and art style from Narazaki Souta with mangas like Katsuai Monster or Yokubou Sensibility, I really love her work! L

Well these are the ones I remember for now but still there are so many good mangakas like Nangoku Banana, Itsuki Kaname or Someya Rui!

virtual1979Date: Monday, 2011-04-25, 10:59 AM | Message # 8
Private
My top list goes to Ayano Yamane and Youka Nitta, so you would probably know by now that I'm a BL fan.. haha Ds I also absolutely love the art style of the Death Note artist, Takashi Obata (sp??), especially how L is drawn eating his cakes and picking things, and that crazed psycho Light's look will forever haunt me.. o_o

olinatashaDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 1:16 PM | Message # 9
Private
I really love You Higuri. I love so many, though, that it's really not fair to just choose one. I am a yaoi fangirl mostly. So, I prefer the mangaka of that genre.

sammiekndDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 2:49 PM | Message # 10
Private
Ahh there is far to many to name, to name a few would be
Lee Young Hui, Yoo Ha Jin, Hiiro Reiichi, Yamato Nase, Yamane Ayano, Manase Masara, loads of other BL mangaka's! :D

smashed_head_angelDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 5:02 PM | Message # 11
Private
My favourite mangaka is Yoshinaga Fumi. OG Loved her plots and started to love her arts later on.

hassliebeDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 5:20 PM | Message # 12
Private
I already mentioned them in my introduction, but it doesn't hurt to write them down here: Kaori Yuki, Oki Mamiya, Motoni Modoru,Youka Nitta, Yamane Ayano, Hotaru Odagiri, Itsuki Kaname and Mizushiru Setona. (most of them yaoi mangakas, yeah I know)

vanillachchDate: Tuesday, 2011-04-26, 2:27 AM | Message # 13
Private
T-Ups not one but oh so many, yamane ayano, minase masara, miyamoto kano, kawai toko, yukimura, koide mieko, mizukami shin, and the list cood go on and on LU

YamiRemusDate: Tuesday, 2011-04-26, 7:37 PM | Message # 14
Private
Because I dunno where I put my list -yes i have a list- my top favourites are: Kazusa Takashima, Shiho Sugiura, Tohru Adumi, Oki Mamiya, Naono Bohra, CLAMP, Lee Sun-Young (Kine in Aqua), and many many others -that are my top favourites, yes.

AlmondDate: Wednesday, 2011-04-27, 0:19 AM | Message # 15
Private
I love Toma Rei's works the most~ ; D The way she draws is just so amazing.

Other mangaka I like include Ikeyamada Go, CLAMP, Bisuko Hatori, Izumi Asuka, and many more (there're so many I can't mention them all, lol.)

angelineDate: Saturday, 2011-04-30, 2:11 PM | Message # 16
Private
ohs
My favourite mangaka

1) YAMANE Ayano ( Finder )
2) TATENO Makoto ( Koyoi wa Kimi to Chi no Kiss o )
3) NAKAMURA Shungiku ( Expecially junjou romantica and sekai-ichi hatsukoi )
4) LEE Young Hui ( Summit )
5) KIM Sae Young ( Boy Princess )
6) KOUJIMA Naduki ( Bokura no Oukoku )
& etc ~ quite a lot of mangaka i like

( ^ - ^ ) ~

Message edited by angeline - Saturday, 2011-04-30, 2:15 PM

yuuDate: Monday, 2011-05-09, 4:53 PM | Message # 17
Private
I can't even begin to write all the mangakas name that I absolutely love!!!
Yamane Ayano, Youka Nitta,Tohru Adumi, Masare Minase, Hiiro Reiichi, Kim Se, Clamp, , Oki Mamiya, Hotaru Odagiri, Itsuki Kaname, Ougi Yuzuha and Nekota Yonezo.. and ... well I can't remember all of them.
But I love them for their beautiful art, for really interesting plot and for long volume of manga that they write. Well I like when manga consists of few volumes

JiNXDate: Tuesday, 2011-05-10, 2:02 AM | Message # 18
Private
Absolute favorite? HWANG Mi-Ri. I love the storylines. They just suck me in and don't spit me back out. Though, many people tend to say her stories are extremely similar, personally, I don't agree. Also, lately, I've been getting into a lot of HAN Yu-Rang's works. I've really been enjoying a lot of her manhwa.

Message edited by JiNX - Tuesday, 2011-05-10, 2:07 AM

lleuferDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 3:08 AM | Message # 19
Private
Group: Member
i like yuki yoshihara... funny manga with pervy main character

aryDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 7:50 AM | Message # 20
Private
For right now it would be Sasuga Kei with GE - Good Ending since it is not as annoying as other shounen's like it. it might end up topping ichigo for me.

BeaTru13Date: Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 2:35 PM | Message # 21
Private
Wow it`s hard, but It stands between MIYAMOTO Kano, MADARAME Hiro and JARYUU Dokuro. can't really decide... -.-"

What if I wanted to fight, Beg for the rest of my life? Come break me down, Bury me, bury me ,I am finished with you.

BluesakeDate: Monday, 2011-07-25, 9:06 PM | Message # 22
Private
I have a few mangaka that I worship the ground they walk on. Nitta Youka, Naono Bohra, Minase Masara, hoshino Lily. There's a few others but those are my top. Nitta Youka being at the very top.

eggplantDate: Monday, 2011-07-25, 10:44 PM | Message # 23
Private
My favorites would be Watanabe Asia, Madarame Hiro, and Nekota Yonezou. Watanabe has gorgeous illustrations and absolutely wonderful smutty plots :3c Madarame's work is also lovely like Watanabe's but the plots are less extreme. Nekota's work is also nice, I like the way the characters are drawn and I like how she adds a bit of comedy to the story as well.

shinjouDate: Monday, 2011-07-25, 11:27 PM | Message # 24
Private
mine's various:

shoujo mangaka: takagi shigeyoshi, motomi kyosuke, tsujita ririko, mori kaoru, takao shigeru, emura, ogura akane and matsuzuki kou. there's actually several more, but those are currently on my top list. :p

shounen mangaka: minagawa ryouji, fujiwara yoshihide, urasawa naoki, hiro mashima, creator of vinland saga and creator of ao no exorcist (forgot their names) :p

yaoi mangaka: yamane ayano, naono bohra, sakurai ryou, fujisaki kou, shiuko kano, honjou rie, hidaka shouko, takahashi yuu, kanbe akira, sadahiro mika, katou setsuko, midoriyama youko, monchi kaori, fujitani youko, tenzen momoko, takakura tomoko, and many more. :p

PandoraDate: Monday, 2011-07-25, 11:28 PM | Message # 25
Colonel
Group: Administrator
i have a lot of favs. but if i can rember their names idk XD but i like the author or D.Gray man, Ao no Exrcoist, which we have a few of their one-shots and projects have havent been scaned yet HOHO i wonder why, lol i also like the author of fairy tale's as well so many names for a person who sucks at names XD

zara_kiDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 0:32 AM | Message # 26
Private
oh noes! this is a hard question to answer. harder than my exam question cause theres too many to mention!!!! Ds
but basically, if you have a good art i like you.
if you have a good storyline, i like you even more.
if you have both, i love you!!!!! LU

gorevlyerDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 1:01 AM | Message # 27
Private
Best mangakas for me:
Great art, great stories!

Sadahiro Mika
Miyamoto Kano
Naono Bohra
Kano Shiuko
Suzuki Tsuta
Yoneda Kou

jensengirlDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 5:46 AM | Message # 28
Sergeant
My Favorite mangaka is :
1. Naono bohra her drawn for ojisan is really make me drolling
2. Yamane ayano my favorite is Viewfinder Kyah Asami sama
3. Junko her stories will always cute and her charcter of manga is also cute
4. Minase masara her Stories is really heart melting
5. Fuwa Shinrii same for Minase sensei her stories is make me cry
6. Nekota Yonezou and many more

hgc100Date: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 10:04 AM | Message # 29
Private
I like many manga and many mangaka too :))

It's hard to choose cause I read many genre :P But I really like works of

Abe Miyuki (Komatta Toki niwa Hoshi ni Kike!, Hakkenden, Super Lovers...)
Yamamoto Kotetsuko (Honto Yajuu, Mankai Darling, Lucky Number 13...)
Takarai Rihito (Hana no Mizo Shiru)
Keiko Kinoshita (Meguriau yo Baby...)
Hino Garasu (Seinen wa Ai o Kou...)
Clamp (Cards Captor Sakura, Tokyo Babylon, X/1999, TsubasaTsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle, xxxHolic...)
Akino Matsuri
Kaori Yuki (Genjuu no Seiza, Pet Shop of Horrors, Shin Pet Shop of Horrors, Kenja no Ishi...)
Adachi Mitsuru (H2, Touch, Rough, Katsu, Cross Game...)

And more... lol
They draw different genres but I'm sure their works is so great that you should read once XDDD

Trên hai vai ta đôi vầng nhật nguyệt.
Rọi suốt trăm năm...
...một cõi đi về.

Lilychan06Date: Wednesday, 2011-07-27, 1:35 AM | Message # 30
Private
I hate to say that my favorite is Naono Bohra. I like her because her art is not typical and she does age difference really well. I like that her older men actually look older. I also like the fact that she act imperfection to her character a missing leg, deaf, scars a little heavier characters.
Lately the other mangaka going into my top favorites is Fujisaki Kou, her man tend to be really manly and her art is a bit different that usual art. I like that her sex scene are really well done.

asiaDate: Monday, 2011-08-01, 9:09 PM | Message # 31
Private
I love Ayane Yamano´s work L

TangoDate: Sunday, 2011-08-07, 4:21 PM | Message # 32
Private
prolly one of the hardest questions to answer...it changes...right now I looove Nekota Yonezou.....but I also like Minase Masara, Yamato Nase, Ike Reibun...ect. ect.... Kyah

zeroDate: Saturday, 2011-08-27, 10:27 AM | Message # 33
Private
to say "this is my favourite mangaka" is really difficult because there are many mangaka I like...but if I hat to name my favourite 3 I would say:

ABE Miyuki, MIYAMOTO Kano and yamane ayano

NaoDate: Sunday, 2011-08-28, 3:20 AM | Message # 34
Private
OMG so hard! I love so many! And then there's the cases where I love a mangaka so much, but only for one or two of their works! I'll just list the ones that I'd die w/o, lol.

Sahara Mizu
Suetsugu Yuki
Midorikawa Yuki
Igarashi Daisuke
Tojitsuki Hajime
Madarame Hiro
Kunieda Saika
Jaryuu Dokuro
Kusama Sakae
Tsuta Suzuki
Yoneda Kou

ShellyDate: Sunday, 2011-08-28, 6:53 AM | Message # 35
Private
Wow, it's too hard for me to pinpoint just one. I have a list of mangakas who I like, mainly for their art styles (because I'm a sucker for good art > storyline haha). For example: Asami Miyabi, Miyazono Izumi and so on xD

cottoncandyDate: Tuesday, 2011-08-30, 3:22 PM | Message # 36
Private
My favourite mangaka would be Yamane Ayano Kyah I simply love all her (yaoi) stories. My fav would be her Viewfinder series, as well as Crimson Spell.
Then, Clamp. Their X 1999 is simply great, Wish is sooo cute. There are more, but these are the best.

Message edited by cottoncandy - Tuesday, 2011-08-30, 3:24 PM

Katsura89Date: Tuesday, 2011-11-01, 7:21 AM | Message # 37
Private
My favourite are Hwang Mi Ri (I really like all her series) and Han Yu Rang!!! These two are very great, their drawing is beautiful, and their story very funny!!!

I like too Masashi Kishimoto (Naruto), Matsuri Hino (Vampire Knight)...

HanarashiDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-01, 11:20 AM | Message # 38
Private
Sakurada Hina and CLAMP

Message edited by Hanarashi - Tuesday, 2011-11-01, 11:21 AM

NoitaminaDate: Saturday, 2011-11-05, 6:12 AM | Message # 39
Private
The favorite ones are:
- Clamp
- Kaori YUki
- Shimizu Yuki
- Kisaragi Hirotaka
-Yuu Watase

gohanshadowDate: Wednesday, 2011-11-09, 1:58 AM | Message # 40
Private
I love the works by Yamane Ayano, Naono Bohra, Dr. Ten, Yamato Nase, CJ Michalski, Akira Norikazu, Ike Reibun, Watanabe Asia, Yukimura, and SO many more. Although the ones named, I cannot choose between. They are all great in different ways. They all have different styles and different types of stories they tend to make. These, though, all have beautiful stories with beautiful men. It is almost impossible to compare the art of Yamane with the art of Naono...though I would LOVE to watch a video of such a comparison. Bs

Sonk_HachiDate: Sunday, 2011-11-13, 1:54 PM | Message # 41
Sergeant
My favourite Mangaka are Arina Tanemura,Motomi Kyousuke,Nana Haruta,Matsuri Hino and Aya Shouto!!! *__*
...ah,and Akira Amaro too!! >w<

malumDate: Friday, 2011-12-30, 6:56 PM | Message # 42
Private
nnnh there are too many I will pick a few at random ≥ 3 ≤
Eiichiro oda (Op), Takeshi Obata(Dn,Hikaru no go etz) Hoshino Katsura(D.gray-man), Chrono Nanae(Peacemaker Kurogane) ...etz Yay

Chi-chanDate: Friday, 2011-12-30, 9:06 PM | Message # 43
Private
Another trick question! Well, I love Akira Amano, Shimotsuki Kairi, but my current favorite authors are BL mangakas.
I'm a big fan of Takanaga Hinako, Yoneda Kou, Okadaya Tetuzoh... But if I have to make a list, believe me, she will be endless!

chirparoDate: Saturday, 2011-12-31, 2:08 AM | Message # 44
Private
For yaoi mangaka I love Suzuki Tsuta, Ogura Muku and Jaryu Dokuro.
For other genre I definitely love Kaori Yuki's works and Oh!Great's style, Shintaro Kago, Nishioka Kyodai. Kinda head over heel to indie mangaka than mainstream ones recently.

elocynDate: Sunday, 2012-01-01, 2:28 AM | Message # 45
Private
For yaoi, I love Yamada Yugi, Yamane Ayano, Fujiyama Hyouta and Nakamura Shungiku.

For non yaoi, I adore CLAMP and Bisuko Hatori

seliaDate: Sunday, 2012-01-01, 4:58 AM | Message # 46
Private
Uhh, I really can't choose just one... My fav mangaka was Kaori Yuki for a long time, but now I also love Obata Takeshi and Ohba Tsugumi's work (because of bakuman) and I really enjoy Kataoka Jinsei's art (Deadman Wonderland). I also like some korean manhwa-ka's work: Yang Kyung-Il and Youn In Wan. I think these two are amazing, because they created March Story and Shin Angyo Onshi.

Roy13Date: Sunday, 2012-01-01, 11:18 AM | Message # 47
Private
Hard to answer this question...
I have a lot of favorites mangakas not only in the yaoi gender but, I like very much of:
Naono Bohra
Mizushiro Setona
Sumomo Yumeka and all others her pen names
Nekota Yonezou
Takashima Kazusa
And keep going. XD T-Ups

VeraDate: Sunday, 2012-01-01, 6:57 PM | Message # 48
Private
My favorite mangaka has to be Yuki Kaori, I own just about every volumes of her works (>///<) her arts style and plots never fails to amaze me. Oh, I don't know if he counts as mangaka or not, since he only wrote the stories, but, Ryukishi07, the author of my all time favorite series: Higurashi and Umineko.

AriDate: Monday, 2012-01-02, 6:41 PM | Message # 49
Private
Yun Kouga - Loveless is one of my favourite manga, and Earthian is really beautiful too :)
Lily Hoshino - Her art is so beautiful, and I absolutely adore her stories! Even her oneshots are really beautiful and moving, even though I don't usually like oneshots.
Arina Tanemura - A slight guilty pleasure, since she creates the most shoujo-y shoujo imaginable. >_<
Hagio Moto - I wish there was so much more of her work available in English! ;3; I love that 70s style art, and her stories are so touching and deep... I've read The Heart of Thomas so many times, and yet I never get tired of it! <3

ImmaDate: Tuesday, 2012-01-03, 1:41 PM | Message # 50
Private
I love a lot of mangakas, but overall, I love Youka Nitta's works, they are well done in all aspects.
Another ones that I usually read are: Ikeyamada Go, Clamp, RINO, Takanaga Hinako, Asou Kai, Maki Murakami, Minami Haruka, Minase Masara, and so on.

Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manhwa » Your Favorite Mangaka?
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: