Welcome, Guest!
Saturday, 2024-04-20
Please check the donation page for more information.
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manhwa » Favorite Manga/Manhwa Demographic
Favorite Manga/Manhwa Demographic
totodoodooDate: Sunday, 2011-04-24, 7:54 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Reader
So, what are your favorite Manga/Manhwa demographics?

And by demographics, I mean shoujo, shounen, seinen, josei, BL, GL, or Hentai.

Most people will probably not choose any of the last three, I'm no different, but I they still should be included in the options for those that do.

Mine's Seinen.

nycmangoDate: Sunday, 2011-04-24, 11:18 PM | Message # 2
Private
I;M A HUGEEEE FAN OF BL!

I think I use to be grossed out with BL or just the idea of it. No I am not anti-gay in real life either, but I just didn't want to read graphic sex between two men. What I don't need to know should stay hidden was what I thought, but .... the art is just WAYYYY better than regular shoujo bishies so I must admit I fell in love with the way artist draws the guy characters compared to the childish drawings you see in shoujo mangas. So yes I love yaoi 10 folds more than any other genre.

And no I do not read hentai or GL since I am a girl and those genres aren't aimed at girls.

Message edited by nycmango - Sunday, 2011-04-24, 11:26 PM

Hibari-Tsuna-4-everDate: Sunday, 2011-04-24, 11:25 PM | Message # 3
Yaoi Lover
Group: Administrator
IM one of those rare ppl who would choose BL AKA Yaoi. I am soo in love with it that i read any i come across (only if it doesnt have tragedy in it >>) ohs

AikoaikoDate: Sunday, 2011-04-24, 11:27 PM | Message # 4
Private
I think I read more BL then other genre so I guess I'll pick that. generally I can read just about anything, but BL has a few perks that I enjoy 1. Artwise it's very appealing. 2.length, usually short and sweet (i don't need another Naruto-length series to read) and 3. character varies, by this I mean they can be student, businessman, older men..etc. I mean it just seems like every shoujo is a high school romance setting. or maybe I just don't read enough shoujo.

KyokoDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 0:39 AM | Message # 5
Private
I'm not sure for about it being my favourite, but I tend to lean towards the BL genre actually. If not at least shounen with suggestible male couples hehe.
My favourite use to be shoujo, but as I got older I can't stand how cheesy a lot of the manga/anime were lol.

LoreDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 10:34 AM | Message # 6
Private
I do love yaoi since the artwork it's beautiful and the bishies are so handsome! The stories are interesting for me! Kyah

I don't like GL and hentai since I don't like their stories and the drawings, I don't like watching them. shock

hassliebeDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 4:46 PM | Message # 7
Private
Well I'm one of those strage people who like almost anything, but I prefer josei, seinen and BL. the first two offer interesting plots and sometimes different stories. While BL, as many others have mentioned, have such a visual appealing that I fell for it, hard. I find it quite sexy and those men could met any sane girl... ^^ or so I think.

smashed_head_angelDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 4:58 PM | Message # 8
Private
I love yaoi to bits. Kyah My first introduction to scanlation is yaoi.

FathomDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 5:44 PM | Message # 9
Private
I like shounen, seinen, and yaoi equally.

Shounen/seinen have great art, length, and a good storyline most of the time. Yaoi is great for artwork and pure smut.

daniyagamiDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 7:33 PM | Message # 10
Private
My fav is definiotely BL. I'm a huge fan of BL manga and manwha.
I read some nice shoujos too like Memory Eaters, I really loved that story, but my fav is BL.

vanillachchDate: Tuesday, 2011-04-26, 2:42 AM | Message # 11
Private
L among the ones i like there's got to be shoujo, shoujo ai, yaoi, shounen ai, fantasy depending on the plot mostly. bye yeah happy

angelineDate: Sunday, 2011-05-01, 1:16 AM | Message # 12
Private
The most i like sure is BL or yaoi ~ i got read some shoujo manga but just some few interesting story HOHO

( ^ - ^ ) ~

AvitalDate: Sunday, 2011-05-01, 12:49 PM | Message # 13
Private
Probably BL/Yaoi, but I'm also rather fond of seinen, too, if I need some action mixed with smth psychological and drama. ;)

|banksy|

utdgavDate: Sunday, 2011-05-08, 10:54 PM | Message # 14
Private
Yeah, by far, my favorites fall into the seinen category. BL would be second. Can't stand most shounen or shoujo, though I read some josei. And I do occasionally read hentai and GL. And yeah, I am female, though my friends often wonder about my testosterone levels since I'm huge into cars and knives...

erasableDate: Tuesday, 2011-05-10, 0:15 AM | Message # 15
Private
my favorite genres are shoujo, josei, yaoi and psychological.
I'm a bit of a tomboy but I don't have much interest in shounen.

noopDate: Tuesday, 2011-05-10, 1:17 AM | Message # 16
Private
I will read any manga if it is BL so that's my favorite genre. Then I like shounen, fantasy, horror and psychological. Sometimes I'll read sports manga like Ace of Diamond which is about baseball but I think deep down I'm reading it because I hope the guys will end up kissing or something. So I guess I read all these other genres with the hope that the it will have some BL as well. HOHO

TangoDate: Sunday, 2011-08-07, 4:27 PM | Message # 17
Private
fave yaoi style is school love, brothers/cousins/bro-in-law/uncle/stepbros/(basically yaoi incest..XD) and sports stories...combine all those elements and I have a yaoigasm

TearDate: Sunday, 2011-08-07, 10:40 PM | Message # 18
Private
Group: Member
Can't say I have a favorite, but I love shounen-ai, shoujo, and yaoi manga's equally, as long as they have good artwork and great story lines. I have to say though, that there are a few horror/survival theme'd manga's that I really like and this theme is one of my most favorite of all when it comes to movies and drama's. Unfortunately, not many manga's that have this theme are too my liking so I try to stay away from horror manga's because of that :(

MisaDate: Monday, 2011-08-22, 10:57 AM | Message # 19
Private
My favorite demographic is definitely yaoi or BL. I probably got into these genres b/c I was getting tired of shoujo romance- where the girl flutters her eyes and the guy blushes a little and maybe acts a bit out of character, before going out with girl.
But now, I don't mind shounen and shoujo (romance or not. I've matuuuuuuuured! lol jk)
T-Ups

beenzDate: Saturday, 2011-08-27, 0:38 AM | Message # 20
Private
It would be Shoujo, Josei and sometimes Seinen.

voidchildDate: Sunday, 2011-08-28, 9:21 AM | Message # 21
Private
Pretty much fine with all demographic as long as the artwork is good XDXD ....maybe cept ..Hentai and GL... coz I'm a girl and I'm not really into reading that type of stuff...
Though most manga I've read probably falls within shoujo (for the shorter volume ones) and shounen (for longggg series like KHR, YYH, HxH etc etc). But also feels like my BL collection has randomly increased..XD
But shoujo manga seems to be getting repetitive recently, prob another reason I'm leaning towards the BL demographic now ^^"

toki-chanDate: Monday, 2011-10-31, 8:21 AM | Message # 22
Private
Anything with good art and plot is game to me, as long as it's not explicit.

Judging by the manga in my collection, though, I'm leaning toward shoujo. Shounen comes second, followed by josei (action!) and seinen. ohs

xLilimDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-01, 4:21 AM | Message # 23
Private
Hmm, favorite demographics...? Can I say I like a little bit of everything? I probably like something from every demographic, though it's hard to find anything that really interests me in certain demographics (I'm very picky).

So, I'll just go right ahead and say I read more Shounen, taking my collection into consideration. So it's favored above the rest.

Shortly after, Josei will appear. I love Josei very much. It has some of the best Slice of Life. haha

gohanshadowDate: Wednesday, 2011-11-09, 2:19 AM | Message # 24
Private
BL is my absolute favorite! I will read others only if they are short and end well. However, with yaoi, I am WAY more flexible. :)

xanderDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-22, 7:12 AM | Message # 25
Private
If it's fantasy, I've probably read, regardless of genre. Whilst I admit that I have a really big soft spot for BL, I generally prefer series like Komatta or Koori no Mamono no Monogatari, with established storylines. After BL, shonen because I'm less likely to come across some cheesy cliche storyline there. I do like shoujo as well, I'm just really picky about which ones I read. I mean, I love 7 Seeds, it's probably my favourite series at the moment and I'll always love Fushigi Yugi and Fruits Basket.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not going to say no to a series because of it's genre, except if it's hentai, there's no plot in hentai and I like some good plot.

I never really ventured that far into GL, simply because it's so difficult to find anything from that genre.

MidoriDate: Sunday, 2012-03-11, 1:55 AM | Message # 26
Lieutenant
Is it strange for a girl to not like shoujo? I'm just not that in love or the romantic type and usually, all shoujo mangas are about love.. Umm.. I won't pick BL either (though I am a yaoi fan) cause BL means "Boys Love", right? and, like I said, I'm not the romantic type of girl, so I guess, my favorite is shounen! I really love action and adventure and just so you guys know, BL manga is not the only manga with bishies T-Ups

I love reading manga I love my mom~!

KanokoDate: Wednesday, 2012-05-02, 6:51 AM | Message # 27
Private
I'm putting my vote in for hentai/ecchi. :Ds: What can I say? I really like 'em naughty.

But only after seinen and josei, which are my absolute favorites.

kisaDate: Tuesday, 2012-10-09, 7:29 AM | Message # 28
Private
I'm a huge fan of shounen-ai and BL. But I also read other genres that are interesting. I would prefer the fantasy or supernatural genre.

kayueDate: Tuesday, 2012-10-09, 10:20 PM | Message # 29
Private
My top genre is yaoi/shounen-ai. I'll at least check out anything in those genres.
But I also like action & slice of life with the occasional romance thrown in.

Weirdly enough, I don't like a lot of shoujo lately. Too 'girly' maybe? I don't care for tsundere, lead characters.

I do like ones like Sweet Blood, (gender-benders of all kinds) Kyah And I like stories with a strong females (if there has to be a female) ;)

KemmDate: Tuesday, 2013-05-07, 5:44 PM | Message # 30
Private
I usually read shounen, but, if it's good, I don't really mind.
Among my favourite mangas are some josei (like Usagi Drop) and shoujo (like Barajou no Kiss).

takashimuraDate: Friday, 2013-09-06, 11:31 AM | Message # 31
Private
Of course my fave one is BL
Especially if it's romantic stories. Up till now, I really like Akanai Tobira by Suzuki Tsuta-sensei

Hmmm but I sometimes read shounen manga too like Naruto or One Piece

lulilee1826Date: Friday, 2016-11-04, 1:00 AM | Message # 32
Private
I started reading some seinen lately and there seem to be some quite interesting manga that falls under this category, so I'm tending towards that. I really love shounen manga's liveliness, though! I'm only bothered by the huge amount of fanservice in some of them (looking at u, One Piece and Fairy Tail). I do like pretty much all genres, though :) (except for hentai, I've never really read it)

m-m-shtDate: Wednesday, 2016-11-09, 7:02 AM | Message # 33
Private
I cant say i have favorite category , since all my favorite manga Include all demographics shoujo  shounen seinen josei BL , but I

admit that I really likts if its fantasy series with interesting polt and motivating characters .

Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manhwa » Favorite Manga/Manhwa Demographic
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: