Welcome, Guest!
Saturday, 2024-04-20
Please check the donation page for more information.
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manhwa » Will You Stop Reading Manga?
Will You Stop Reading Manga?
totodoodooDate: Sunday, 2011-04-24, 8:00 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Reader
So, when will you stop reading manga, or have you already?

As for me, I can see a point where I will stop reading manga... and I'm not referring to the time that I die.

AikoaikoDate: Sunday, 2011-04-24, 10:51 PM | Message # 2
Private
I think that I will eventually not be as into manga, but I don't know if I will stop. I mean I always enjoyed reading and art and manga is a combination of both. I may stop for a bit, but I think that if I was at a bookstore and see a manga I'd prob pick it up to at least flip thru it.

nycmangoDate: Sunday, 2011-04-24, 11:12 PM | Message # 3
Private
I started reading manga in 2008 because I needed to stop by WOW (world of warcraft) addiction. At first it was just naruto and bleach ... then it progressed to shoujo ... then smut and now YAOI!

I think I can give up shounen and shoujo but I WILL NOT GIVE UP YAOI! :)

I'm just in too deep so I can forsee another 10 years of reading and collecting BL books ^^

Hibari-Tsuna-4-everDate: Sunday, 2011-04-24, 11:23 PM | Message # 4
Yaoi Lover
Group: Administrator
RIGHT ON NYCMANGO!!! I WILL NEVER GIVE UP MANGA!!!! NOR YAOI NOVELS!!! XD HOHO

nycmangoDate: Sunday, 2011-04-24, 11:26 PM | Message # 5
Private
haha well I collect them (actual books) so I bet I'll still have them when I am 100 years old (if I live for that long) and sure as hell I'll still read them by that time for memories of the good old days when I read yaoi manga and corner myself in my room away from society hahaha >___<

Hibari-Tsuna-4-everDate: Sunday, 2011-04-24, 11:30 PM | Message # 6
Yaoi Lover
LOL I THINK ILL BE THE SAME...but with my friends who i brough to the dark side..not because the dark side has cookies but because it has yaoi T-Ups

KyokoDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 0:08 AM | Message # 7
Private
It is highly unlikely that I'll be giving up manga anytime soon in the future. Reading less, probably but who knows X'D
I would go through my self every now and then and read through the doujinshis I've bought, cause really they're so nicely done!

PandoraDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 0:36 AM | Message # 8
Colonel
Idk when i'll give up manga, XD so yeah.... hibari is trying to get me into yaoi D< XD

LennieDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 2:14 AM | Message # 9
Private
I don't think i would ever stop reading manga. Is like my hobby, i feel bored if i don't read manga. I guess i just don't have a life but that is ok. i read so many mangas that i seem to have ran out of things to read 0.0'

bellldaDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 6:25 AM | Message # 10
Private
No! Not ever!!! Manga are love of my life and I just have to read them. I have problems to stop only for one week so I don't think it's possible to do it. happy

ShelinDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 7:37 AM | Message # 11
Private
I don't think I will ever stopr reading manga. My taste will change for sure even now I'm shearching for more mature plot, but I don't think I would be ever able to just stop reading it, I can read it less frequently but never stop.

LoreDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 10:47 AM | Message # 12
Private
I don't want it to stop and I'm sure I'll enjoy read them... maybe I won't be such a collector as I'm now but I'll try to read many good stories for sure!

virtual1979Date: Monday, 2011-04-25, 10:54 AM | Message # 13
Private
I did stop reading manga for a while because of school and later, due to work. But that didn't stop me, because when I started working, I was actually spending a small portion of my salary on manga too.. hehe, so the love for manga continues to live!! T-Ups

olinatashaDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 1:19 PM | Message # 14
Private
I don't think I will ever stop reading. I don't think you are ever too old for it. I guess if I become blind I will have to stop. It just wouldn't be the same if I couldn't see the art. That or death.

PucaDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 2:27 PM | Message # 15
Private
I can't really seem to stop reading manga. Even if I'm busy, I still find time at the end of the week for a little reading...

lov2hateDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 5:05 PM | Message # 16
Private
Hahaha I love all the people here lol, and yes i can't see myself giving up manga, especially BL manga's wish i can stop but cant/won't lol... Yay

smashed_head_angelDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 5:14 PM | Message # 17
Private
I don't think I will stop. Reading in general is my hobby. I'll read almost everything. Ds

BerylDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 11:02 PM | Message # 18
Private
I don't think I will stop. Though have taken a few extended breaks. One that lasted all through high school (Yikes! I just dated myself)

I started getting back into it recently when I had a lull last summer. I just started reading manga online and it sucked me back in. It all started with shoujo and now it's all about yaoi. I've slowed down a little bit. I am heading back to college but hopefully I will still have time to keep reading.

IchigoDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 11:40 PM | Message # 19
Sergeant
To tell ya'll the truth, I aint sure. I dont know what the future will hold. Maybe but not today. Haha. I do get bored reading from time to time so I take break reading 'em. D:

blindoniDate: Tuesday, 2011-04-26, 3:29 PM | Message # 20
Private
I don't think I'll every stop reading manga, it's like a part of me. I just have to know what going to happen next, even if i don't have time, I'll just read it really late a t night. T-Ups

yumikichiDate: Tuesday, 2011-04-26, 4:44 PM | Message # 21
Private
When I grow up, I mean more xDD and get married and have children I´m sure I will stop cause I´ll have to do a lot of things.

Sadly, I think my new life will mean I´ll give up my actual hobbies

AlmondDate: Wednesday, 2011-04-27, 0:22 AM | Message # 22
Private
Sometimes I stop... but then I get hooked again. @3@

I'm not sure about the far future, but as of now, I don't think I'll be stopping any time soon. xD

Miao-MiaoDate: Thursday, 2011-04-28, 8:26 AM | Message # 23
Private
There was a time when my laptop died and subsequently, I could not get access to manga for weeks. I remember that I was irritated, irritable and irritating even to myself. I don't think that I will stop at all. Yay

hutaruDate: Thursday, 2011-04-28, 12:06 PM | Message # 24
Private
Aaa, a good question yeah, i stopped for a while because of work and boyfriend ...but i'm reading manga now for sooo many years , that i can't really stop, i try and try but in the end manga (yaoi) HOHO win over me ... Yay

VisualdarknessDate: Friday, 2011-04-29, 3:14 AM | Message # 25
Private
I don't think I ever could!! Even if I tried! There are just sooo many to choose from, and especially now mangaka and really pushing the limits of my fav genre, yaoi....trying new things and new art styles...I can't STOP NOW!!

Although Tokyopop seems to beg to differ....T_T...Iunno whats gonna happen to some of the manga I'm collecting now...I'm especially concerned about Zone-00 and Vassalord!! Damn you Tokyopop!!

But I hope as long as kind scanlation groups still exist...manga/manhwa will always be my before bed passtime! Bs

angelineDate: Saturday, 2011-04-30, 2:26 PM | Message # 26
Private
I really cant stop reading manga ~ it quite a lot of manga out there and i cant really finished reading it expecially chinese raw ~ if i very busy i will reading it on weekend or holiday but if i hanging out then need to be read on next week ~ Yay

( ^ - ^ ) ~

kexet90Date: Friday, 2011-05-06, 5:31 PM | Message # 27
Private
Wow, that's a tough question. When I was younger, I believed that I was always going to read shoujo manga but now that I've become older, my interest have changed into reading josei or shounen-ai/yaoi.

So perhaps there will be a time where I decide to delete my (in my opinion) beautiful manga library from my computer. However, I believe it will be a while until then. :)

mojoxphileDate: Monday, 2011-05-09, 8:24 AM | Message # 28
Private
I doubt I'll stop reading manga as long as it exists, esp yaoi, though I have given up reading more mainstream shonen stories like bleach/ naruto etc... I'm just too busy trying to keep up with uni studies.

RenleekDate: Monday, 2011-05-09, 10:12 AM | Message # 29
Private
I really don't think I'll ever stop. I mean, I'm really old compared to a lot of younsters who get into it and I'm showing no signs of stopping (in fact, it's only gotten worse) but I do see periods/phases where I'll be occupied with other things in RL and then periods where I get back into it.

I don't think there's a time I'll stop, just phases of me being really obsessed and not so obsessed.~.~

GuDate: Monday, 2011-05-09, 10:59 AM | Message # 30
Private
I'm a late bloomer, just started into manga 2 years. So I'll still continue read for now.
At this point I'm not sure when will I ween out of it. It my souce of relaxation now.

yuuDate: Monday, 2011-05-09, 4:27 PM | Message # 31
Private
I never thought about it. I read all kind of literature. From professional books till books for fun. And it never accrued to me to ask such question about any kind of books^^ Well my guess is that if I get bored to death with manga I'll stop reading it.

Message edited by yuu - Monday, 2011-05-09, 4:27 PM

utdgavDate: Monday, 2011-05-09, 7:20 PM | Message # 32
Private
Never entirely, though I may put it aside while I deal with other things. Life, work, and 100 year floods sure get in the way sometimes.

noopDate: Tuesday, 2011-05-10, 1:22 AM | Message # 33
Private
I don't think that I'll ever stop reading although I know that I won't read as much later on as life gets busier or when I lose interest. I think I'm always going to read Bleach because I feel like I need to see how it ends and it will probably never end because Kubo Tite is crazy. HOHO Okay he's not crazy but I feel like Bleach is something I can't give up on because it seems like I've been reading it all my life.

JiNXDate: Tuesday, 2011-05-10, 1:57 AM | Message # 34
Private
When the storyline just starts to seem like a bunch of filler. I hate when a manga/manhwa starts to feel like it's one huge run on sentence. And what I mean by that is when they start adding nothing pertaining to actual plot to fill in pages. Don't get me wrong, I like details, but when you start straying from the main story/plot, I begin to become uninterested.

MrKorrrnDate: Monday, 2011-05-16, 7:52 PM | Message # 35
Private
Group: Moderator
humm they day I get kids and have even less time over than I have now xD

lleuferDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 3:04 AM | Message # 36
Private
Group: Member
i dunno if i can stop but i start to read less of manga more of novel.. reading manga is fun so.. myabe after i got bored and theres no good manga around

aryDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 8:13 AM | Message # 37
Private
i read manga cause it interests me so if it stops interesting e i will stop. though with the number of series made each year i doubt it.

hoshiiDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 10:19 AM | Message # 38
Private
For me, it's not anytime soon I suppose. It's kinda become a habit, a part of my life. If one day I really do get so immersed in other stuff, then perhaps that's the time it'll end ^^

momokoDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 3:18 PM | Message # 39
Private
why would i ever stop reading manga it'øs my hoppy i can't imagine a life witout manga but I can imagine myself reading a little less maybe ad to completely stop reading it never that will never happen... even if people will find it childish but they also don't know what manga is soo i don't care as long as i enjoy it

rbchynDate: Wednesday, 2011-07-06, 2:05 PM | Message # 40
Private
At this point, I don't think I'll ever stop. I started in middle school, and back then I thought I'd be over it in a few years. Now I'm 22 lol There is just sooo much out there that I don't think I'll ever get bored. Plus, it's kind of like a stress reliever for me.

swtlilaznDate: Monday, 2011-07-25, 7:39 PM | Message # 41
Private
I don't think that i will ever stop reading manga because I practically read 9-10 volumes a day. Plus, there are so many mangas out there that i can read and cant get enough of NB .

shinjouDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 1:00 AM | Message # 42
Private
well.. i've reduced the time of reading the book version, and less buying the book version since most are shoujos and shounen that being sold, but i still collect both digital n book form. i'm soon to be 25, but i havent seen myself at a point where i'll be stopping reading mangas just yet.

hgc100Date: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 7:26 AM | Message # 43
Private
Haha, I though about this two years ago, when I entered university XD
I have seen many older persons stopped reading manga when they entered university. So I think may be I'm the same too.
But now, I'm a second-year student in universty who reads manga whenever I can :)) Thinking about that, reading manga can be my favorite for long-life, I believe XDD

You know, in my country reading manga is considered for only children lol My friends told me childist but I don't care much about this XDD I read many manga that only adults can read too :P The most important thing is always the joy you get, I feel happy when I do something I like and reading manga is one of them XD

Trên hai vai ta đôi vầng nhật nguyệt.
Rọi suốt trăm năm...
...một cõi đi về.

jesbDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 8:48 AM | Message # 44
Private
Well, i swore i would never stop reading books. i used to love reading fantasy and romance books. and the last book i read was the percy jackson books. so, i can see myself reading less, but maybe not really stopping?

MisaDate: Monday, 2011-08-22, 10:11 AM | Message # 45
Private
I don't think I'll ever stop reading manga. Even if i'm busy, I still try to make some time to read manga. There's a manga for whatever mood you're in. Like, if you're sad, read a funny manga. Or if you're in a dark mood, read a dark, ansty manga.

beenzDate: Saturday, 2011-08-27, 0:44 AM | Message # 46
Private
I don't think so, I may stop for a while but I will always go back to reading it.

DebsDate: Saturday, 2011-08-27, 9:23 AM | Message # 47
Private
I don't think I will ever stop reading manga really. Even though I work and have so much to do in the week, I still have time to read the mangas I follow.

NaoDate: Sunday, 2011-08-28, 3:22 AM | Message # 48
Private
No. Never. I'd shrivel up and die. My existence would be meaningless. I'd no longer learn without manga. Even if I live to 190, I will still read manga! Every day! (If possible!) I can't even imagine life w/o it, lolol.

ShellyDate: Sunday, 2011-08-28, 6:57 AM | Message # 49
Private
Probably not, haha xD I've been reading it for years and have never planned to stop. They're just too good LOL, and besides, I need my bishie fix hahaha~

Message edited by Shelly - Sunday, 2011-08-28, 7:00 AM

cottoncandyDate: Tuesday, 2011-08-30, 3:48 PM | Message # 50
Private
I will definitely never want to stop reading manga. HOHO
Hopefully I will always be able to read, till I die Yay

Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manhwa » Will You Stop Reading Manga?
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: