Welcome, Guest!
Wednesday, 2024-04-24
Please check the donation page for more information.
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Discussions » Sit And Chat » Online order crazy!!
Online order crazy!!
VisualdarknessDate: Friday, 2011-04-29, 3:20 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Reader
Anyone else having problems with online ordering habits??? O_O..

I just recently discovered....Yahoo! Japan Auction Bs

Iunno if it is a good thing or a bad thing!! The prices are AMAZING for some of the things I have ALWAYS wanted from Japan...used or otherwise, the prices are worth it!! But...that is only if you live in Japan..>_>;...I asked this lovely girl who is living in Japan and has a service to buy things for people outside of Japan, to order some things for me....and I went a little CRAZY!! I ended up spending over $50 on about 9 items (which is REALLY good imo)...but then I had to add ANOTHER $50 for fees and shipping to me in Canada!! GAHHH!! I ended up having to send her $160 for all the costs...T_T...there goes my deals...

Anyone else a sucker for online auction shopping???

PandoraDate: Friday, 2011-04-29, 7:58 PM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Administrator
no not really for me. I try to say away form online auctions, or stores or just buying things offline. But yeah i know the carrying rates for sending things us can be pretty high =_=

cassiopaeDate: Monday, 2011-05-02, 7:48 PM | Message # 3
Private
I'm a compulsive BOOK online buyer L

My excuse is the more items you buy, the more the shipping cost per item is lowered... like on jpqueen and amazon.

... then again, my excuse on bookdepository is the complete opposite: there's no shipping fee, so there's no limit to the number of books I can buy!! (>_<)

I guess I'm just unstoppable when it comes to book lol

AliceinDate: Monday, 2011-05-09, 11:53 AM | Message # 4
Private
Why 50+50= $160? Õ_õ Taxes?
The only good thing that I can import for internet without die on poverty, are books cause there is taxes to books. But if you think, books are pretty heavy, so in the end all the money goes to the shippining... T_T

piratetrishDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 10:04 PM | Message # 5
Private
online ordering is a minor addiction, minor but expensive!! From garage kit models to books it is almost self-destructive! The last thing I had to order online was the Project Diva PSP games...

AceArtemis7Date: Wednesday, 2011-07-13, 1:51 AM | Message # 6
Private
hah yes. Im a compulsive buyer at ebay xD
Sooo much cheap stuff. I couldnt resist... T-Ups
Good thing the stuff I buy arent more than $20 usually...

NonameXPDate: Sunday, 2011-08-28, 0:23 AM | Message # 7
Private
Group: Member
Not at all. I did some and I use it majority to order school books. That shit is expensive. (excuse my language) Anyways, I was happy with a few things I ordered. I love Final Fantasy very much.

NieDate: Monday, 2011-11-07, 8:12 AM | Message # 8
Private
Yes. I order so many books of various kinds online. I justify it with the fact that it's cheaper, but in actual fact I'm just addicted to buying books and ordering them online is just so easy. (And it's kind of nice when you get a big box in the mail.)

gohanshadowDate: Wednesday, 2011-11-09, 2:34 AM | Message # 9
Private
Not me, but my dad got took on EBay. Some guy in Hong Kong had a bunch of different action figure auctions. My dad saw they were about a buck each, some he bid. The items cost $29...the shipping was $117. (O.O) The guy also did not combine shipping. My dad had to pay all that for some action figures. I told him to double check for combined shipping SO many times, but he just keeps forgetting. I hope this makes him remember to look at least for a little while. (-_-;)

Roy13Date: Sunday, 2012-01-01, 11:43 AM | Message # 10
Private
I refrain myself of buying on internet cuz the cost to send to my country is to hight...it is very sad but the same time I'm happy...I'm not burning my money away. XD
But I really like to buy on ebay. happy

MidoriDate: Sunday, 2012-03-11, 4:49 AM | Message # 11
Lieutenant
I never had an online auction, my mom doesn't allow me cause, like you said, you have to pay for the shipping fees.. But my mom orders a lot of things from the internet, especially perfume and cosmetics.. why can't I buy my wants, too? Still love you, mom! <3

I love reading manga I love my mom~!

KanokoDate: Wednesday, 2012-05-02, 7:13 AM | Message # 12
Private
If the shipping fee isn't triple the price of what I'm trying to acquire, I'm all for it. My online shopping is mostly confined to local auctions though, and when I want something from the U.S. or Japan, I have a go-between to save on shipping (that means a lot of patience for the items to arrive, but it's easier to stomach than a wasted hundred dollars, IMO).

majestic_stormDate: Wednesday, 2012-10-03, 3:06 AM | Message # 13
Private
I've never used an online auction, although I have bought several items online. It's just so fun waiting for my packages to arrive.

Saya2077Date: Tuesday, 2012-10-09, 4:46 AM | Message # 14
Private
I would not say that I have a problem with online ordering habits but I think the people around me can't understand why I order a lot online. They like to go shopping in the nearby city but for me it is most of time not possible. You know, when you have two little kids (one still a baby), no car and you live in a small village where you can't buy anything except food in the local supermarket, online ordering saves me.

I like ordering online especially for these two reasons. The things are cheaper and I don't have to leave the house for shopping (to take the bus with to little kids is just to stressful) instead I can take my time in the evening (when I have a little free time) and choose whatever I like and need. :D

amethysDate: Tuesday, 2012-10-09, 5:03 PM | Message # 15
Private
Hmmm .. I wouldn't call it a habit really .. but I usually tend to check the 2nd hand book section on amazon first before buying elsewhere, like ebay. I need a lot of books for my studies, which are impossible to get at regular bookstores .. not to mention the special ones back at uni are way too expensive .. so I buy a lot of used books. But yes .. money .. let's not even go there ..

I have a bit of an obsession with YESSTYLE however, as I adore Asian fashion. It's something of an annual treat I endulge in, I'll admit. Last time customs got their hands on the package first though .. and charged a minor fortune ..

Message edited by amethys - Tuesday, 2012-10-09, 5:04 PM

RiiNDate: Wednesday, 2013-01-02, 9:35 AM | Message # 16
Private
I have bought many things online, but never bought things from an auction. It doesn't become a habit, but yeah, sometimes it really convenient. You just have to open the internet then click here and there, and it delivered right to your home.

AceArtemis7Date: Sunday, 2013-02-03, 3:43 AM | Message # 17
Private
I have the same problem as well. I usually go cheap and do it on ebay or wait for deals to come up, just need to be patient, but you can always have what you want eventually :)

tokkei12Date: Thursday, 2016-01-28, 9:49 PM | Message # 18
Private
Amazon is an amazing place. You go on there for one item... and somehow your cart ends up with five additional items that you didn't even need ^^; I try not to go on there too often as a result but the sheer amount of things to buy is just so convenient and tempting.

isabeau_321Date: Saturday, 2016-02-06, 5:39 PM | Message # 19
Private
Ebay and Amazon, yeah... I regularly buy things from there, but I guess most people do nowadays. There's just so much that you can't get in stores, and it's easier ordering there and getting it shipped to your house than going to a store. Those are the biggest advantages of online ordering, IMHO. Especially the variety of chpices. You aleways have to be careful not to spend too much money, though, especially on things you just don't need at all... Online ordering can be so much fun, if you know when to stop^.^

kat_cDate: Monday, 2016-02-29, 3:10 AM | Message # 20
Private
I've felt the lure of shopping online on Japanese websites, but after I look at the shipping costs, I pull back. T v T
So I usually opt for shops that are closer to me, i.e. ones in North America.
I spend a ton of money on fan merch created by my favorite artists though both online and at cons.
I prefer fan merch over official merch, but there's usually more fan merch than official. RIP my wallet...

petapepyDate: Sunday, 2016-04-10, 3:49 AM | Message # 21
Private
I love online shopping. Admittedly I have purchased over $5000 worth of doujinshis just on Yahoo Japan auction sites. But I have pulled back a lot but buy heaps of stuff from ebay. Mainly Korean makeup though. My poor wallet.

tarragonDate: Tuesday, 2016-04-12, 2:35 AM | Message # 22
Private
I love YA too because it has a lot of stuff especially old ones. However I don't really like auction, it makes me nervous and frustrated lol.

I mainly buy books manga/novel/dj/etc.

moonchipooDate: Tuesday, 2016-07-05, 7:37 AM | Message # 23
Private
its hard for me not to buy when i see a good deal on a site but ive been finding alot on ebay and i just cant stop. These are even complete series but i tell myself i can alway find the rest later i can miss this deal. Then i find it later bundled with soem books i already have so i think well it would be bad to have extra. This going on and on i end with more than 1 copy of some books thati decide to block my self from ebay bt i always unblock myself bc i get into my head i can stop. It a vicious cycle.

alexejderkach36prpcDate: Sunday, 2019-10-20, 12:47 PM | Message # 24
Private
Group: Member
Kilosa

Forum » Discussions » Sit And Chat » Online order crazy!!
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: