Welcome, Guest!
Thursday, 2024-03-28
Please check the donation page for more information.
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Discussions » Sit And Chat » Weirdest Habit
Weirdest Habit
cassiopaeDate: Monday, 2011-05-02, 8:10 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Reader
So, what's your weirdest habit, the one you never really think about but if other people saw you doing they'd shock ?

I have these long repetitive conversations with the cat... and I do both ends of our dialogue in different stupid voices. Worst thing is, I do it without thinking... I just see the cat looking at mee and it's like her eyes are kinda saying stuff that I have to repeat out loud... (Gah! This sounds even weirder when I try to analyse it!!!!)

What about y'all?

PandoraDate: Tuesday, 2011-05-03, 7:24 AM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Administrator
hmm im not for sure since no one has pointed out anything to much XD i tend speak my thoughts rather then just keep them in my head XD

one weird habit i notice is i get dasavo (sp) a LOT i would suddenly stop and feel like I've done this before and etc... when i know i haven't >< it might be a memory problem XD

btw nice gloomy bear icon -u^

Hibari-Tsuna-4-everDate: Tuesday, 2011-05-03, 3:28 PM | Message # 3
Yaoi Lover
Group: Administrator
O.O The same thing happens to me Pandora. I would be like "blah bla" i finish talking and then i suddenly say "Wow i just had a Dejavu.(SP)"

cassiopaeDate: Tuesday, 2011-05-03, 10:06 PM | Message # 4
Private
I read somewhere that déjà vu is created by your neurons firing the same information twice in quick succession, but... I'd much rather think I have ESP !! yeah

@pandora: the icons is one from this forum. It cracked me up when I saw it, couldn't resist, kekeke.

And a last note, I'll share another one of my WeirdShamefulEmbarrassing habit... sometimes, I pick my nose...

utdgavDate: Thursday, 2011-05-05, 8:54 PM | Message # 5
Private
Hmm. Ok, this ought to count: if I'm really enjoying my food, I'll start sort of dancing in my seat. Like, tapping my toes and grooving my arms. While still chewing and with a fork or spoon or chopsticks in my hands.

And sometimes picking your nose is safer than blowing (blowing too hard can damage your inner ear), as long as you have slim fingers or long nails...

RisaDate: Monday, 2011-05-09, 7:04 PM | Message # 6
Private
Weird habits... I have quite a few... I wake up in the morning by Nickelback (I have a CD alarm), I say a prayer before I drive to work in my car, I tap my feet at the office (It drives my coworkers mad), I don't eat breakfast, small noises drive me crazy, and I purposely create hangnails on my big toe(s)--don't ask me why.

tysia36Date: Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 4:05 PM | Message # 7
Private
Sometimes when I think about things like what will I tell my friend today and her possible answers or I imagine some situations that could happen to me like meeting someone, that I didn't see in a long time, again. In situations like that phrases that are mine and the other people's from my thoughts ... well ... you could say that I say them to myself -> not exactly saying cause I'm just moving my lips without actually talking but it steel looks weird and I do it unconsciously and when I finally realize that I'm doing it somebody is already staring at me

AceArtemis7Date: Wednesday, 2011-07-13, 1:53 AM | Message # 8
Private
hmmm I suppose collecting wierd stuff. I mean if other people see the stuff I collect, they think its trash. I collect business cards, fortune cookies paper, movie tickets, etc... stuff you wouldnt keep because they're a waste of time... I still like it though xD

L

kameecookieDate: Monday, 2011-07-25, 8:48 PM | Message # 9
Private
i freak out everytime someone looks like they are tailgating me when im driving.. even when im not. i force my friends to drive three car lengths apart from the car driving in front... even in back to back traffic. ahaha. it drives them nuts.

YaoilovertashDate: Monday, 2011-07-25, 10:25 PM | Message # 10
Private
I tend to talk my thought out loud instead of thinking them and I bite my nails. I know these two habits don't seem to be weird but sometimes I find myself doing these habits without even realizing I'm doing them and it makes me think that I might have a problem. ohs

jesbDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 9:02 AM | Message # 11
Private
i have ocd, so sometimes i have negative thoughts, and ive gotten in the habit of repeating to myself over and over and over, that i dont mean it and try to repeat positive thoughts. lol i've never told anyone this in real life.

AdrielDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 5:48 PM | Message # 12
Private
I tend to wash my bangs almost every day, I don't bite my nails but I chew the skin around them... Does that make me a cannibal...? 0_o
And another actually funny habit is that each time I walk into my room I open and check my closet. I can't help thinking that something is inside...

NonameXPDate: Sunday, 2011-08-28, 0:14 AM | Message # 13
Private
Group: Member
A weird habit? Um.. I have a habit of going mad, as in crazy. I fall into my own imagination. Like the other time I entered a restroom. It looked like it was it's own reflection (two halves) so I said we entered the mirror world. I also have a habit of talking to myself as if there where more then one person. Are these habits? Idk.

HatsuneMikuDate: Wednesday, 2011-11-02, 1:18 AM | Message # 14
Sergeant
I have several Habits people would think seems weird, however the one I see people complain about the most is me always freaking out when people say things wrong. For some reason It just really REALLY gets on my nerves.

sleeping_wolfDate: Saturday, 2011-11-05, 0:54 AM | Message # 15
Private
i have a few weird habits, but the strangest one that gets pointed out a bit is the way i tend to scratch myself around the neck/ear. People will always point out that the way i scratch seems similar to how how a dog or cat would do it *sweatdrop*

NieDate: Monday, 2011-11-07, 8:08 AM | Message # 16
Private
Well there is the fact that I talk to myself rather a lot, but that's not really so weird. I do have an odd little thing though. Whenever I eat a piece of candy, or something else with a wrapper on, then I (almost compulsively) need to twist it up and make one or more knots out of it. I don't know why, but not doing so makes me feel really uncomfortable.

dwindlingDate: Wednesday, 2011-12-28, 12:37 PM | Message # 17
Private
I'm a narcoleptic, I guess. I sleep anywhere. Case in point, I once fell asleep while sitting on a dryer. It's actually pretty tragic if you think about it.

AzumaDate: Friday, 2011-12-30, 1:05 PM | Message # 18
Private
I like to play with my left ear lobe when I'm thinking about random stuff... or just sitting around not doing much. According to my mom I've been doing it ever since I was little. She said I first starting out playing with her ear lobes when she carried me around as a baby.

No idea why I do it. I don't even realize that I do most of the time, until a close friend or family member notices me do it.

malumDate: Friday, 2011-12-30, 6:51 PM | Message # 19
Private
At home I open run around with my ellbows bent and my hands hanging down...my brother says I look like a weird tyrannosaurus rex...I do it unconsciously and can't stop doing it shock

heeheeDate: Friday, 2011-12-30, 8:33 PM | Message # 20
Private
When I concentrate, my face goes really stupid and angry-looking. When I played music, my teacher and my mum would ask me repeatedly if I was actually enjoying myself... This is embarassing ^^

youkaiDate: Saturday, 2011-12-31, 9:54 PM | Message # 21
Private
Unconsciously and automatically in every conversation I had with anyone I literally embarrassed myself by always adding comical gestures after lines I say everytime I can...

Roy13Date: Sunday, 2012-01-01, 11:35 AM | Message # 22
Private
Ahhhh!
Other day a friend of my pointed me that I tend to smell food before eating, just for new things.
I like cooking, so she say maybe it is something normal...
I did not noticed until she say it to me. I'm trying to stop with it cuz someone can think it is something rude....or not? Don't know

majestic_stormDate: Monday, 2012-01-02, 3:25 AM | Message # 23
Private
Well, I like to talk to my stuffed animals. For example, when it's time for me to get in bed, I have to get all my stuffed animals OFF so I say things like "I love you, but you'll have to get off now Mr. Buttons".

Another weird habit that I make an invisible wall with my hands between my friends when they get in an argument....my way of "easing the tension". Yay

IMustBeInsaneDate: Tuesday, 2012-01-03, 0:41 AM | Message # 24
Private
As I'm lying in bed, trying to sleep, I amuse myself with stories I make up so I don't think about how I need to get to sleep, or have all these things I have to do tomorrow. But the really embarrassing things are the stories themselves, usually epic romances that I work on night after night, all of which feature me as the heroine. I have never admitted that out loud before, and I think this is the first time I even wrote it out!
I also compulsively fiddle. The only reason I wear the little jewelry I do is so I can fiddle with it, twist the ring around, unclasp and clasp my bracelet, tug on my earrings. At school, I fiddle with my pencils, which sometimes result in them flying across the room in the middle of the professor's lecture.

Esbe71Date: Wednesday, 2012-01-04, 11:57 PM | Message # 25
Private
Whenever I´m writing or painting I bite my lips. I never knew it until one of my friends asked me why I did it, I did not belive him but when I asked another friend she told me it was true that I do it whenever I´m concentrating. Another weird habit is that when I hear a song I like I start shaking my head and shoulders at the rhythm of the song, people stare at me like if I was crazy.

mistiknitDate: Wednesday, 2012-02-01, 8:57 AM | Message # 26
Private
hmm i don't know if this a weird habit..but before i eat any food i have a habit of smelling the food first before i eat it. i'll be uncomfortable or won't eat the foods unless i smell it first

DafneDate: Monday, 2012-02-06, 1:55 PM | Message # 27
Private
mmm, i think my weirdest habit is that a tend to walk around the room while i'm deeply thinking about anything, my mom says it's exasperating, my siblings just think i'm weird, also people says sometines when i am reading listening music or just inmersed in my toughts i move my mouth like i'm talking but no sound ever comes out shock

Message edited by Dafne - Monday, 2012-02-06, 1:55 PM

ShaynekoDate: Friday, 2012-02-10, 0:13 AM | Message # 28
Private
You can either call it weird or just plan crazy. But I have a bad habit of talking to my computer. Okay more like yelling at it too, okay I yell and talk to it. Example when I am trying to fix it and it doesn't want to work for me, I will threaten it (yes out loud), mostly the threats include fire, removing various parts of the mother board, sledge hammers, and other things of mass destruction. But you know what? It freaking works, cause after threatening it it works like a charm. I guess it figures I am crazy and I will do all the things I just threatened it with LOL.

Other times I will sweet talk it into doing what I want to do it if it is having issues with what I am doing. Like being a pain about running WoW. That works too, so its a 50 50 thing. Yet I still do it, my cats look at me like I have lost it.

MidoriDate: Sunday, 2012-03-11, 4:42 AM | Message # 29
Lieutenant
I talk to myself in the bathroom..
I dunno why but my imagination is in its wildest when I'm in the bathroom.. I usually make up different stories in my mind and make imagine art to match my new story while I'm in the bathroom..
Other things I do while I'm in the bathroom:
1. I can make long poems when I'm in the bathroom
2. I can compose a song when I'm in the bathroom
And, I dunno what else my imagination does to me in the bathroom but the most freaky thing is, when I go out, I forget everything I've thought of.. well, not 'instantly', more like 'gradually'.. Weird... o.o

I love reading manga I love my mom~!

erietha88Date: Wednesday, 2012-05-09, 1:04 PM | Message # 30
Sergeant
My weird habits would be sometimes i grumble alone, voicing or speaking my thoughts alone like the way crazy people might be talking to themselves. The other one was i can not stop myself from farting even if i tried to hald back.

Message edited by erietha88 - Wednesday, 2012-05-09, 1:07 PM

Saya2077Date: Tuesday, 2012-10-09, 4:08 AM | Message # 31
Private
I think I have two weird habit, they seem quite opposed. Ds

The first one is that I tend to talk before thinking about it. This habit caused me a lot of trouble in the past because other people (even sometimes my friends and family) do not like it when I am to direct, frank and open about what I am thinking.

My second weird habit is, that I jump from one thought to another one but without sharing it with my dialog partner. So I cause my family and even my friends trouble because they often can't follow my thoughts and are confused because I change my topics so easily and fast.

shimaDate: Tuesday, 2012-10-09, 7:57 AM | Message # 32
Private
mine is touching things at certain points, and what i mean points is like, for example, a sofa, i tend to touch their ends and middles of the sofa, and i have to do it every time i sit on the sofa, or lay on my bed. it happens when i get out too. i have the urges to touch things at some of their ends or middle, but i hve to hold that urge, cause it might seem weird to my friends.

cath-tissotDate: Thursday, 2012-10-18, 7:24 PM | Message # 33
Private
Uh... I can't stop painting my right hand with a pen. I can't avoid. Whenever I'm holding a pen unconsciously start doing countless scrawls in my hand.
Well, the people usually call me weird because of it. ohs

Catherine Tissot
♂ + ♂ = ♥
Livejournal: http://cath-tissot.livejournal.com/
Tumbrl: http://www.tumblr.com/blog/catherine-tissot
MSN: cath.tissot@hotmail.com
Twitter: @catherinetissot

Message edited by cath-tissot - Thursday, 2012-10-18, 8:15 PM

airconzDate: Saturday, 2012-11-17, 7:12 AM | Message # 34
Private
Hmm I sing to myself. A lot.
Like if something comes on at the place we're eating at and I know it, I will start singing to it.
Or if someone says something that sounds like the line of a song, I will sing it.

Not entirely disturbing but it annoys some friends Ds

I also think out loud. One of these days that's going to get me into trouble haha

BewsBudDate: Sunday, 2016-01-17, 3:30 PM | Message # 35
Private
It might not be my weirdest habit, but it's embarrassed me a few times.
Before I put my make-up on, I tuck a small jar of cream eyeliner in my bra.
When I go to use it, it's softened and goes on much smoother.

I have a bad habit of forgetting about it.
It always falls out at the worst times and places!

fusior22Date: Monday, 2016-01-25, 5:29 PM | Message # 36
Private
hmmm... I really like Hard Gay (Razor Ramon Sumitani) and I often thrust my hips just like he does. Here's a link to one of his videos 
I sometimes forget myself and do this in public and the people around me are like WTF is this woman doing :D

hikaru_424Date: Saturday, 2016-02-27, 6:50 PM | Message # 37
Private
I don't know if this really counts. When I'm sitting, one or more parts of my body has to be moving. I tried to control it but  it just feels weird.

tarragonDate: Tuesday, 2016-04-12, 2:38 AM | Message # 38
Private
I have this hygiene ritual, I obsessively wash my hand and feet.

I don't think I'm germaphobic since not like my room dust free or anything but yeah...

rikusonhakugeiDate: Wednesday, 2016-04-13, 8:33 AM | Message # 39
Private
the weirdest habit of me is when i gone to read fanfic or manga i can laugh myself silly (if its funny manga), cry alone (sad manga) or abrubtly (sp?) having a big smile when nothing happening when looking at my book/laptop/hp  HOHO
and when my friend or family walking near me they will go  shock and ask "what r u doing??? laughing alone or crying alone!! " lol

isabeau_321Date: Sunday, 2016-06-05, 2:16 PM | Message # 40
Private
I have a habit of talking to myself, really loud at times. My parents think I'm weird for doing so, but I can't stop it, it just happens^^. A while ago, I was caught by my best friend, who was freaked out.^^ Embarrassing, really...

kitsunechan13Date: Sunday, 2016-06-19, 0:01 AM | Message # 41
Private
At home, I often run up the stairs on all fours (kind of like a dog). I'm not sure when it started, but I noticed myself doing it a few years ago. It's a bit embarrassing, but I know other people who say they do the same, so whatever.

dark_tatsumaruDate: Sunday, 2016-06-19, 9:18 PM | Message # 42
Private
Well, I'm 21 and I still have an imaginary friend. xD
Not that I'm lonely or something(at least not now) but I couldn't let him go ever since my childhood(ok, not exactly childhood, I began talking to him when I was 13 >_> tough times at school, some of you will get it I guess)
So my "strange habit" is that I talk to that friend out loud and anywhere, so people usually think I'm a little crazy for talking to myself, or they think I see and talk to ghosts xD

cikacikafujiwaraDate: Tuesday, 2016-06-21, 8:37 AM | Message # 43
Private
My weirdest habit is skin picking. Once I have a wound or acne, I couldn't help but to pick them. My mom and brother always scorn me, but my fingers doesn't give a damn. It's bad, I know... :(

ashwoods195Date: Wednesday, 2016-07-20, 6:57 PM | Message # 44
Sergeant
Group: Moderator
I'd say I have two? I get distracted very easily, so often halfway through a sentence I'll break off and start doing something else. It bothers everyone, but the weirdest part would have to be that after I stop speaking, my mind finishes the sentence and I convince myself that everyone heard it.
The second would be a comforting habit. You'll be confused if you don't have them, but I'm sure if you do, you can agree that clutching your chest for both warmth and comfort is incredibly satisfying. Watching a movie? Yup. Writing an essay? Yup. Book? Yup. 
Just don't do it in public. Accidentally did once. >.>

jaspineappleDate: Thursday, 2016-07-28, 2:27 AM | Message # 45
Private
My weirdest habit is probably staring off into NOTHING and thinking about what I could do for my next story. It goes on for as long as hours and I don't blink a single time. Sometimes, I think im staring into nothing, but im staring directly into somebodies face. 

Other than that, it annoys me when I don't have alot of tabs open on chrome. It really, really drives me crazy.

ashwoods195Date: Monday, 2016-08-01, 11:08 PM | Message # 46
Sergeant
jaspineapple, oh, I'm so glad that isn't just me. The multiple tabs part. Currently got 9 windows, average of 11 tabs in each open. Each window serves a different purpose: school work in school, homework, assignments, research for any future assignments, manga/books, proofreading work, youtube, facts and social media.

gedsfwDate: Thursday, 2016-08-04, 3:35 PM | Message # 47
Private
This probably sounds gross af but I chew the dead skin around my finger nails and pull it off.......Did this since I was lil bitty. Yes there had been blood from doing this. Another thing I do ( my husband finds cute ) I still suck on my thumb when I am sleeping.

I am female, tho My profile says otherwise...awks

alexejderkach36prpcDate: Sunday, 2019-10-20, 12:46 PM | Message # 48
Private
spikolun

Forum » Discussions » Sit And Chat » Weirdest Habit
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: