Welcome, Guest!
Thursday, 2024-03-28
Please check the donation page for more information.
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manhwa » Favourite yaoi manhwa!! <3
Favourite yaoi manhwa!! <3
VisualdarknessDate: Friday, 2011-04-29, 3:10 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Reader
Sooo....what would be your fav yaoi manhwa??? I have just recently fell in love in manhwa, I just love the art, grittier than most manga...and you gotta love the GUYS!!! *_*

So here's some of my tops on list:

THE SUMMIT!!! <333
Why I love it?? GORGEOUS ART...terrifyingly sexy seme...adorable but not "girly" uke...and just the right timing and pacing to make you want MORE AND MORE!!! BUTTTTT...and this is a BIG BUTTT...>_>;;...the manhwa is being scanlated in bits and pieces...so as much as I LOVE what I have read...its always a struggle as a fan waiting for more to be done in english....T_T. NOIR is doing a fantastic job at the moment bringing it to the english speaking fans, but I even think they are using a censored version of the manhwa (anyone else notice a difference??? Showing the goods and not showing the goods!! hahaha) But either way, I will wait patiently since I LOVE THE SUMMIT!! (and if you haven't read "You're So Cool" by the same artist Young Hee Lee, you SHOULD!! Its my fav shoujo story EVER!!)

Totally Captivated!!!
I could go on, but all you really need to know: Possessive, Sexy, Rich, Violent and did I mention POSSESSIVE SEME!! You gotta love those...a REAL SEME...kick ass and would keep his uke in a box just so that the sun don't even get to touch him...MWAHAHA...Love it...and again, non-girly uke...can you sense a theme here?? haha

You Don't Know Me
Amazing oneshot manhwa....too short is its only downfall! Best friends becoming lovers is a tale permanent in yaoi-time...but this kicks it up a notch when the seme doesn't even understand how dangerous the uke is! LOL..I wish they played on that more...sexy either way!

Deep Bloody Night
Probably the BEST vampire yaoi oneshot you will EVER read!! Vampires, soldiers, SMEX and twist ending??? WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED!!

LOL...so I've rambled enough...more recommendations?? ^^

angelineDate: Saturday, 2011-04-30, 1:44 PM | Message # 2
Private
Bs My favourite yaoi manhwa are

1) The Summit ~ I love itan very much haha he very cool and the story also interesting but its quite long

2) Totally Captivated ~ I love the violent and mafia mookyul and cute ewon

3) Flower of Destiny ~ but just got chapter 2 ~ the story kind of sad but interesting

4) 1001 nights ~ finally reading complete 11 volume ~ cry when reading some story

5) Boy Princess ~ Funny story ~ Jed was so man

( ^ - ^ ) ~

Message edited by angeline - Saturday, 2011-04-30, 1:57 PM

cassiopaeDate: Monday, 2011-05-02, 8:27 PM | Message # 3
Private
U Don't Know Me by Rakun is my bestest ever, one of my top favourite BL reading material, whether it's manga or manhwa. The couple's dynamic bowls me over, no matter how many times I'm reading it.

Let Dai is also a series I enjoyed. A lot. The way amoral Dai becomes obsessed... totally my kind of thing.

ArielDate: Monday, 2011-05-02, 11:21 PM | Message # 4
Private
Totally Captivated → Mookyul is soooo hot! Kyah
I like stories about mafia, and Mookyul is a very peculiar gangster. And Ewon's life story is very sad but he still want to smile... I really like him!

The Summit → The story and the characters are very interesting.
Itan had suffered so much that you cannot hate him even though he make so many "stupidity".

U Don't Know Me → Seyun and Yoojin are so cute together.
I like how Yoojin is serious about his feelings, how he thought about his future.
The plot is really touching!

Message edited by Ariel - Tuesday, 2011-05-03, 0:35 AM

kpDate: Wednesday, 2011-05-04, 4:05 AM | Message # 5
Private
Totally Captivated! I love this series!

others that I liked are U dont know me, Happy Ending (more shouen Ai than Yaoi) Roureville (this was so interesting) 1001 nights, Boy princess (the art is gorgeous) I like the summit too but the fact that its unfinished makes me not want to keep up with it - I'd hate not knowing how it will end!

crystaldeeDate: Wednesday, 2011-05-04, 1:40 PM | Message # 6
Private
I love U Don't Know Me. Since the charas almost resembles my OTP YunJae...and the story is very nice too. Loveable. L

Obviously Totally Captivated! Love the possessive character to the uke one OG
Tho sometimes I kinda wanna strangle the uke charas for his too naivety

Boy Princess is in my list of fave too. Sweet story. Tho it's kinda dragged too long for just a short theme.

Jergens011Date: Monday, 2011-05-09, 3:58 AM | Message # 7
Private
Group: Member
I was hooked with The Summit before but it takes a while for the releases to come out.
Let Dai ... love the story i cried while reading this
Totally Captivated ... i love Mookyul's possessiveness towards Ewon and Ewon's naivety and stubbornness towards Mookyul.

mojoxphileDate: Monday, 2011-05-09, 8:20 AM | Message # 8
Private
I like a shojo one called You're so Cool.. violence and humour and angst make it very fun to read, and i liked the bishi's.

AliceinDate: Monday, 2011-05-09, 9:18 AM | Message # 9
Private
I don't know if it cold be called "yaoi", most likely "shounen-ai", but I like E. Hae (Lee Hae) works, Not so Bad and Roureville, sadly I haven't seeing any news about theirs published works since 2006!!! If anyone knows something, please tell me.
But my favorite is "The summit", I love her/his works since "You are so cool", they are so fun and what beauttiful artwork! I hope to read more!

RenleekDate: Monday, 2011-05-09, 9:29 AM | Message # 10
Private
Quote (Visualdarkness)
THE SUMMIT!!! <333 Why I love it?? GORGEOUS ART...terrifyingly sexy seme...adorable but not "girly" uke...and just the right timing and pacing to make you want MORE AND MORE!!! BUTTTTT...and this is a BIG BUTTT...>_>;;...the manhwa is being scanlated in bits and pieces...so as much as I LOVE what I have read...its always a struggle as a fan waiting for more to be done in english....T_T. NOIR is doing a fantastic job at the moment bringing it to the english speaking fans, but I even think they are using a censored version of the manhwa (anyone else notice a difference??? Showing the goods and not showing the goods!! hahaha)

I TOTALLY agree with you here. I got into BL BECAUSE of this manhwa!!!! It was YEARS ago when Entropy was still scanlating it (it was like at 5-6 chapters then) but that was my first taste of BL and I was like... "w...whoa... I think I might really um, like this boy-on-boy business..." and then history was made, I never looked back and became the fujoshi hentai I am today, lol.

But honestly, it really does sadden me that no linear scanlation is being done. NOIR are doing a great job but I feel there are some inconsistencies with the raw at times (and pointed it out to them which they kindly responded) because of what's floating around. I really adore adore ADOOOORE the seme. He's sooo terrifyingly handsome as you say. GAH! NB And I love love love how jealous he gets over his sexy cute uke.

Quote (Visualdarkness)
Totally Captivated!!! I could go on, but all you really need to know: Possessive, Sexy, Rich, Violent and did I mention POSSESSIVE SEME!! You gotta love those...a REAL SEME...kick ass and would keep his uke in a box just so that the sun don't even get to touch him...MWAHAHA...Love it...and again, non-girly uke...can you sense a theme here?? haha

POSSESSIVE SEME!!!! Mmmmmmm! NB I've only read volume 1 but I plan to finish it very very very soon!!!

Quote (Visualdarkness)
You Don't Know Me Amazing oneshot manhwa....too short is its only downfall! Best friends becoming lovers is a tale permanent in yaoi-time...but this kicks it up a notch when the seme doesn't even understand how dangerous the uke is! LOL..I wish they played on that more...sexy either way!

GAHHH!! I TOOOOOOOOOOOOTALLY adored this one!! It was a surprise because i didn't think I would like it this much. I ADORED seme's possessiveness and jealousy over his uke and yet not wanting to be demanding because he was afraid to lose his uke and uke getting pissed off because it felt like he was always being treated like a prostitute (I love how seme couldn't help that just because he was so obsessed and in love with him too much to let him go even when he thought uke was cheating on him repeatedly, which we know he wasn't... if only seme knew how violent uke was with other people *daring* to look at him that way...). I LOVE the support they get as a couple from seme's father and how the father hits his son because he thinks he's FORCING himself on uke, lol (which he is... and isn't depending on uke's reaction) and how he calls uke's dad to apologize to him for his son possessing the son of the uke's dad, lol. LOVE LOVE LOVE this one!!

I'd also add "Boy Princess" which I really enjoyed and "1001 Nights" and "Let Dai", I know I'll adore even though I haven't read it yet!

There *needs* to be MORE BL manhwa being made!!!!

yuuDate: Monday, 2011-05-09, 4:41 PM | Message # 11
Private
OG OG OG OG
Totally, Totally, Totally, Totally love Totally Captivated!!! So much control and uncontrolled power that my mind is totally explodes OG
And Princess Diary is my second one!!!! Really great story about unpredicted ways of fortune. And of course so beautiful art that it takes your breath away ohs

erasableDate: Tuesday, 2011-05-10, 0:13 AM | Message # 12
Private
I really liked Totally Captivated. The ending really tied loose ends together instead of being rushed.

tamDate: Saturday, 2011-07-02, 3:07 AM | Message # 13
Private
Totally Captivated is my favorite yaoi work, manhwa or manga. The art is great. The story is well constructed from beginning to end...and of course Mookyul is just too hot!

U Don't Know Me would be my next favorite yaoi manhwa. I love how their relationship develops and the reaction of the parents. The uke is strong, not girly, which I like.

woolexsDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 4:56 AM | Message # 14
Private
My current favorite manhwa is Sweet Blood by KIM Se-Young. Actually i love all the manhwa written by Kim Se-Young. I think he's really talented and creative person :)

valeDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 5:37 AM | Message # 15
Private
I really loved Totally captivated, but I loved even more Let Dai , The Summit was cool too but I never finished to read it and U don't now me was totally sweet...

fusiorDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-05, 3:01 PM | Message # 16
Private
it's got to be Totally Captivated. i'm not that into manhwa but i loved this one. i started reading Sweet blood and i liked this one as well

lovemodeDate: Monday, 2011-07-25, 10:09 PM | Message # 17
Private
To me, "You don't know me" is the best Kyah Then, "totally captivated". To be honest, uptill now, these are the only two yaoi manhwa I read ohs

eggplantDate: Monday, 2011-07-25, 10:36 PM | Message # 18
Private
My favorites would be Totally Captivated and 1001 nights. I liked TC because of it's balance of lemon and action/plot/drama. Let Dai was good too however the ending was quite bittersweet. 1001 nights is a favorite because I already looove the original Arabian Nights stories---how could I pass up a yaoi version :3

shinjouDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 0:12 AM | Message # 19
Private
dont know much yaoi manhwa, but i've read great stuff so far:

the summit, totally captivated, boy princess, roureville, u dont know me, and there's actually another one, which is a yaoi manga, but the one who draws it is a manhwa creator. forgot the name, but the manga is itazura neko goyoujin or something. that's also a good one.

zara_kiDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 0:20 AM | Message # 20
Private
ahhhhh.....yaoi manhwa..how can i ever forget ...

the summit is the first manhwa i read about 10 years ago? cant remember. i got into a long hiatus before it got scanlated again - sigh... great story and great body.. i mean, art. Ds

totally captivated.... probably the last few extra chapters..if you know what i mean.. NB

yu dun noe me - the angsty unrequited love type of story that i love so much.

let dai

1001 nights- could be better if theres more lovin. yeah!!

and boy princess - read till the end... i wonder where i put that manhwa.. hmmm

gorevlyerDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 0:55 AM | Message # 21
Private
totally captivated is my fav.
summit is another good one, I hope one day its hiatus ends.

iamsoocoolDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 3:04 AM | Message # 22
Private
Totally captivated all time favorite manhwa yaoi!!! the art, plotline, the cuteness and seriousnness, it was a true work of art!!! My only issue, was it didnt have more juicy yaoiness, what can I say I am a rabid fan girl who wants her smuty goodness. I think I will reread it after posting this, haha

CharliseDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 3:30 AM | Message # 23
Private
My favourite yaoi manhwa is no doubt Totally Captivated! I read the first chapter in Russian, one our scanlating group began translation but they gave up it. So then I read it in English. It became my first yaoi love NB

Message edited by Charlise - Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 3:31 AM

DaisukepinkDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 4:36 AM | Message # 24
Private
NB
1: Totally Captivated
2: Boy Princess

jensengirlDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 5:37 AM | Message # 25
Sergeant
First of manhwa that I like is U dont know me the friendship relationship turn into love that hot and smexy Kyah I can't resist it. The character is well drawn by the mangaka and really handsome
second Totally Captivated this Yakuza manga is really make me drowned and I really like the possessiveness love of the seme for the uke.
and lastly The summit just like U don't know me the character and story is well drawn by the mangaka.

jetchanDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 10:47 AM | Message # 26
Private
wow... seems like a lot of us like Totally Captivated! The characters' stories were tragic but it's great that everyone was able to overcome their issues & find true love. Great story!

AdrielDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-26, 6:00 PM | Message # 27
Private
It's definitely Aegis. I'm not even sure if it can count as BL but it has a lot of subtext between two male leads. Close second favourite is Let Dai. I read it a long time ago but I remember how touching it was. I also remember that manhwa Fever had a male character who was in love with the male lead and his unrequited love was heartbreaking...

Lilychan06Date: Wednesday, 2011-07-27, 1:25 AM | Message # 28
Private
The summit is one of my favorite mahwa, the characters are long slim and terrible hot, the tension is amazing. I really like the flow and I enjoy all the characters.
Another one that is up there as a favorite is One thousand and one night, I like the fact that is a overarching storyline but it has one-shot stories in the form of the main character recounting a story to the crazy sultan so that he won't be killed. I really like the boys love twist to this classic.

TangoDate: Sunday, 2011-08-07, 4:19 PM | Message # 29
Private
totally captivated is good but i like The Summit better...oh I like the yaoi parts of snow drop too...lol

MisaDate: Monday, 2011-08-22, 10:50 AM | Message # 30
Private
Unfortunately, I haven't really read many manhwa, but I have to say my absolute favorite is TOTALLY CAPTIVATED
NB NB

I LOOOOVE the development of Mookyul's and Ewon's relationship. Instead of, "Oh HAI, You're HOT. Let's go out." which happens in some manga/manhwa/manhua. It was more like subtle and FREAKING AMAZING L (so to speak xD)

I particularly enjoy Mookyul's possessiveness of Ewon. And how he was rather dumbfounded and confused when Ewon refused him in the beginning- that really expressed his somewhat-bastard-ish personality quite well.

At first, I was kinda of disappointed that Totally Captivated was shounen ai, but the artist's doujinshis totally made up for it (the yaoi factorrrrr!!) Kyah

mokoDate: Saturday, 2011-08-27, 4:50 AM | Message # 31
Private
Totally Captivated!!!!! Kyah I guess I've read it fifth time not long ago. And I'm going to read it again soon! Interesting plot, lot's of fun, hot guys... What else do you want!

hoshikawaakariDate: Saturday, 2011-08-27, 4:59 AM | Message # 32
Private
For me it would have to be Totally captivated mainly cause that was probably the first yaoi manhwa i saw.I really love mookyul and ewon's dependency on each other's existence. HOHO

I'd also say the summit but i havent read it too far since the scans are out of order and some are missing.

Last would probably be [/b]running on empty.I mean that thing was so sweet. Kyah

DebsDate: Saturday, 2011-08-27, 9:12 AM | Message # 33
Private
My top favourites are:

1) Totally Captivated - my favourite, read it so many times now

2) Boy Princess

3) Sweet Blood - Love vampire stories.

4) 1001 nights

harajunkoDate: Friday, 2011-11-18, 10:38 PM | Message # 34
Private
Favourite manhwa would be Totally Captivated and also Boy Princess!! They have the most uber cool and S semes that I have ever seen!! And not to mention that the characters are all soooooooooo pretty!! Sigh... L

Favourite manga would be Love in Viewfinder and Sex Pistols. I'm so sad that it has been licensed and releases are getting slower and slower.

LhaewethDate: Saturday, 2011-11-19, 9:43 AM | Message # 35
Private
the first manhwa I read was Boy Princess and till today it's one of my favorites if not THE favorite. it's the sweetest story really and so funny too, as soon as I could I bought the series.
I also liked Totally Captivated, U Don't Know Me (already on my private bookshelf too, only pity that it's so short), and The Summit (gorgeous, gorgeous artwork! can't wait to get my hands on the whole series).

xanderDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-22, 6:34 AM | Message # 36
Private
I would have to say that 1001 Nights is my favourite yaoi manhwa. To be honest the reason I liked it has less to do with the fact it was yaoi and more to do with the fact that I liked the unusual format of the story. I thoroughly enjoyed the various short stories that broke up the main storyline. I especially liked the one set in modern day Iraq? Iran? Some Middle Eastern country because it was so out of place in the series.

heeheeDate: Friday, 2011-12-30, 8:27 PM | Message # 37
Private
I must say Boy Princess. I like more explicit yaoi in general, but this one still moves me every time I read it anyway, so voila ^^

Sari90Date: Friday, 2011-12-30, 8:39 PM | Message # 38
Private
I liked most of the yaoi manhwas I have read! The Summit, Totally Captivated, U Don't Know Me, Vibration Life, and Happy Ending are good ones!
I also liked the shounen ai ones I have read too, such as Let Dai, 1001 Nights, and Devil's Bride.

Chi-chanDate: Friday, 2011-12-30, 8:53 PM | Message # 39
Private
There is no other in my heart. With absolute certainty, "Totally Captivated".
Something in those two makes my heart race!
I don't want to create controversy or anything, but a friend of mine who is fanatical about kpop, suggested that the story of The Summit, is the story of Yunho and Jaejong ... Idk. >.<

SansDate: Friday, 2011-12-30, 9:06 PM | Message # 40
Private
My fav yaoi manwha is Totally Captivated, the art is gorgeous, and Mookyul is so hot!! *fan herself* I really like how Mookyul is so possessive of Ewon too, I have a weakness for that type of guy aka seme Kyah

Am Busy - Blame it on the boys!

yonieDate: Saturday, 2011-12-31, 9:26 PM | Message # 41
Sergeant
For me, the favourite manhwas go in this order:
1) Totally Captivated - the absolute best manhwa I've ever read! The title says it all - it's... totally captivating! Interesting plot, shrewd characters, funny moments and the drama... Plus let's not forget the beautiful drawings (aah, after all those years / yeah yep, years... hmm... / of reading shonen-ai and/or yaoi manga/manhwa I still can't get interested in a story with great plot but poor drawings) that make it even better! Also, there're a few extra djs to this story, showing the the main characters in future events ;)
2) Let Dai - probably the saddest and the most serious story in the BL genre I've ever read. Really wonderful and heart touching.
3) Boy Princess - some fairy tale for older audience ;) Not realistic at all but with a nice sence of humour ^^
4) Sweet Blood - I put it as 4th since that's the rank I give it in the overall ranking but it's my current favourite^^ All the others are older stories so it sure deserves to be my current number one ohs

AriDate: Monday, 2012-01-02, 6:33 PM | Message # 42
Private
I loved Totally Captivated! It's so dramatic and romantic! ^^ Not to mention the art is gorgeous! *¬*

I read Let Dai really quickly over a couple of days when I had nothing to do, so I don't really remember it much, although I guess it had to be pretty interesting for me to finish 15 volumes in that time. xD

Deep Bloody Night - When I read Magical JxR I knew the manwhaga had to have done BL before, the characters all had that look... ;D

I really love manhwa, but there's not really much translated BL, so I have to settle for shoujo most of the time... *sigh*

liahDate: Thursday, 2012-01-12, 3:51 AM | Message # 43
Private
Totally, absolutely, effing favorite yaoi manhwa? I'm tempted to say The Summit but Running on Empty truly tugs on my heartstrings. It's short but beautiful and though it's Shounen Ai (which means all the action I'll get is a kiss or peck if I'm lucky), the bond of the two strangers was enough to make this my absolute favorite above other yaoi manhwa titles. Also, the fact that the manhwaka of Running on Empty had died June 2nd, 2011 made this work even more precious to me and her fans.

writer4girlzDate: Saturday, 2012-01-14, 2:07 AM | Message # 44
Private
One of my favorite is running on empty. It depicts the struggle of lost dreams really well and the storyline is both humorous and great. I would recommend this to anyone who has time to try it out.

bluerose83Date: Saturday, 2012-01-21, 10:44 PM | Message # 45
Private
Totally Captivated is my all time favorite! I have the whole set and I've read it so many times already. I always cry when Ewon cries at his school when Mookyul goes to bring him back.

1001 Nights was great too. Even though most of the story were just story telling, and not actually about the couples. They were all really sad and depressing.. I cried there too.

U Don't Know Me is another fave. I just have a soft spot for a strong uke. I also just loved the semes dad (I can't remember his name..sorry) The way he beats up his son is hilarious.

And of course Let Dai. It was a really sweet story. I wasn't satisfied with the ending though. I liked how Dai and Jaehee's relationship developed. My fave quote from this mahnwa is "Dai..You're my every breath. Without you, I can't even breathe." How sweet is that?

shadowheartsDate: Saturday, 2012-02-18, 1:55 PM | Message # 46
Private
best yaoi manga ever KISS ME PRINCESS
TOTALLY CAPTIVATED
SWEET BLOOD

KeleiosDate: Sunday, 2012-02-19, 9:05 PM | Message # 47
Private
I have only read a few yaoi manwha so my favorites are
Totally capitvated
1001 Nights

orquideaDate: Thursday, 2012-02-23, 1:23 PM | Message # 48
Private
My favorite manga are:
- Totally Captivated
- You're My Love Prize in Viewfinder´
- You Don't Know Me

MidoriDate: Saturday, 2012-03-10, 10:23 AM | Message # 49
Lieutenant
I'm not really into yaoi "manhwa" since I'm used to manga.. the only yaoi "manhwa" I've read is "Sweet Blood".. I'll try reading what you guys read :)

I love reading manga I love my mom~!

TifaDate: Friday, 2012-03-16, 10:28 AM | Message # 50
Private
for bl manhwa those that i like you hv already listed...

Totally Captivated & The Summit is a must read^^

oh and I kind of like I-ren too its gender bender and has shounen ai i think bt the status currently is dropped ><

Message edited by Tifa - Friday, 2012-03-16, 10:46 AM

Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manhwa » Favourite yaoi manhwa!! <3
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: