Welcome, Guest!
Wednesday, 2024-04-17
Please check the donation page for more information.
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manhwa » What Do You Look at First for a Series?
What Do You Look at First for a Series?
friendlessmessDate: Wednesday, 2016-03-09, 4:11 AM | Message # 101
Private
Group: Member
Well, when I look for a series to read, I always look for elements of fantasy, be it modernday with magic, or a whole new world with dragons and dungeons and stuff.
Heck! I don't care if it's virtual reality, as long as a semblance of fantasy is shown, Imma read it!
So basically, I look for fantasy first in a series.

All your cookies are belong to us~

lastriie94Date: Wednesday, 2016-03-23, 11:41 PM | Message # 102
Private
Group: Reader
I check the genre first then i check the summary, if the summary catching my eyes i will read series in the end i don't care about art or something like good looking...

JibrilDate: Tuesday, 2016-04-05, 12:28 PM | Message # 103
Private
the first thing i check is the cover. i prever a beautiful artwork over a "weird" one.

even if the cover doesnt look that good i will still read the summery and if it sounds REALLY good then i will try reading even if the artwort doesnt look that good to me.
but even if the artwork is good, if the story isnt than the manga wont be fun

freakzaliveDate: Monday, 2016-04-11, 5:03 AM | Message # 104
Private
I usually check to see if the genre involves "tragedy". I've made the mistake of ruining my nights by getting hooked on a series and then having this beautiful romance ending in death. I just really don't like the idea of THAT being their end. I'm a real crybaby when it comes to fiction, so tragedies just make me bawl like a baby and it's so hard to recover.

pyromancer_firewireDate: Tuesday, 2016-05-24, 6:31 PM | Message # 105
Private
In a new series, I tend to see who the author is first, if I have no idea, then the artwork must be something that I enjoy. After that I'll read the summary and see if the story seems interesting. I also tend to see if the series has been highly recommended either by friends or online. If it has been highly recommended, then I'll read it as soon as possible! If not, I'll  take my time and look after the summary again, and if it interests me, I'll give the manga a try.

bluvreaderDate: Wednesday, 2016-05-25, 3:04 AM | Message # 106
Private
The storyline first, then artwork.  If the story is good, I can deal with somewhat messy artwork.

nasty_gurl8856Date: Monday, 2016-06-06, 8:31 AM | Message # 107
Private
I read the summary first to see if it's something that appeals to me. 

Then I look at the art. No matter how how good it is if the art is not to my liking i just can't enjoy it.

juliet_fiamatta_asto_capuDate: Tuesday, 2016-07-05, 7:00 PM | Message # 108
Private
When i'm deciding whether to pick up a series, I first read the plot. If it sounds interesting, I then look at the artwork. Although I would definitely enjoy the series more if there are handsome guys, if the characters aren't that good-looking but the plot is great, I will give it a chance!

bolabuluhitamDate: Tuesday, 2016-07-05, 11:12 PM | Message # 109
Sergeant
I always make sure the story has a happy ending, I hate sad ending stories, kinda depressing! ugh! Except it`s really worth it
The cover and the art, it`s because I love manly men, tehehe
Then the stories and the genre. I love something with actions, police, guns, firemen and the like.

ahhaDate: Wednesday, 2016-07-06, 5:00 AM | Message # 110
Private
The 1 thing I'd look at is summary of the series to see if it`s in some way to my taste/liking .But the main option is PLOT!The 1~5 chapters is what will determinate is i going to read story or not.
There is times when i read  10 pages(ch1),delete it and not look at it ever again /_\ But i always read,because there is times when the summary t gah and bleah but you start to read, and the story in your fav *_*

ophelie1399Date: Wednesday, 2016-08-03, 1:02 PM | Message # 111
Private
The first thing that I look, it's the genre,  because if I read a tragedy, I have for a whole week crying and I do nothing else ^^ So, no thanks shock Then, I look the charadesign and finnaly summary ^w^

And little extra which makes all the différence: if there are Yakuzas NB .... Asamiiiiiiiiii I love youuuu!!:Kyah:

arifsuganda12032014Date: Friday, 2016-08-05, 8:54 AM | Message # 112
Private
It's according to the genre first.

If it's shounen/action/fantasy or similar then i look at the summary, author, and the art. for example i love Tower of God, I LOVE IT SO MUCH ;_;

and if it's BL manga then for me is the art.. if the art is good then it must be a good BL manga lol.. also i tend to chose the completed series.

HanaDate: Sunday, 2016-09-18, 3:19 PM | Message # 113
Private
Typically nowadays, it's either Yaoi or Shouen-ai tags.  XD;;;  Oh gosh, I've gone so corrupted.

Other tags that really catch my interest is Historical and Fantasy.  I like how much research was put into Historical & the artist or the author translate it in their own way.  It's really interested to see their interpretation.  As for fantasy, who doesn't like pretty artwork?  Most fantasy works are drawn beautifully.

LintDate: Saturday, 2016-10-01, 0:29 AM | Message # 114
Private
When it comes to BL/yaoi, mostly artwork. Seeing as it's a visual medium, it's probably not surprising, and good artwork can cover a multitude of sins. However, combination of plot and premise also contribute to it, too. I tend to steer away from anything with BDSM and heavy rape themes, they're just not my cuppa.

lulilee1826Date: Friday, 2016-11-04, 0:44 AM | Message # 115
Private
I mostly either read what people have recommended to me or I go to whichever art style/title grabs my eye and give it a go. I tend to read the first chapter and then decide whether or not I'd want to give the rest of it a try, tbh.

m-m-shtDate: Wednesday, 2016-11-09, 7:27 AM | Message # 116
Private
The first thing that i look at it the cover If I like i ll check the genre and read the summary then read the first chapter , I rarely read what

people recommended to me .

akrosmeliorDate: Monday, 2017-02-27, 0:01 AM | Message # 117
Private
I usually look at the author to see if it's by anyone that I've already read from before. If it's an unknown author, I usually check out the summary and tags, just to make sure there isn't anything like tragedy or rape there because I'm not very good with those.

ph8849262Date: Monday, 2017-04-03, 7:22 AM | Message # 118
Private
Group: Member
I choose based on:
1. genre: most of them are boys love related but I tend to choose smut
2. artwork/artist: It's hard to remember the artists name, but I remember quite a number of them. It's easier to remember the art. I like cute, pretty, and sexy thing ^^. Usually cute and pretty one are shounen-ai and the sexy one are smut. LoL

Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manhwa » What Do You Look at First for a Series?
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: