Welcome, Guest!
Thursday, 2024-04-18
Please check the donation page for more information.
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manhwa » Your Favorite Mangaka?
Your Favorite Mangaka?
mizuqueenDate: Thursday, 2012-01-12, 11:13 AM | Message # 51
Private
Group: Reader
wow it's really interesting to read everyone's choices. as for me i love yamada yugi. i'll read any of her stuff, without question.

another favorite is yoshinaga fumi. again i'd read any of her stuff bl and shojo (and i have too).

i also like ougi yuzuha. she was one of my first bl mangakas. and though some of her work (style and plot wise) isn't as great as her oldies, but goodies, i still read all of her works. i like her crazy, unrealistic characters that are obsessed with each other.

i like naono bohra. her art style is so unique it's kind of ugly pretty. i love how her characters are fleshy looking and darkly shaded.

wow i could just go on and on. but i'll stop myself before this becomes 10 pages.

keasethDate: Monday, 2012-01-23, 9:44 PM | Message # 52
Private
Hey Mizuqueen, our favorite list conflicts a lot (lolz). Yamada Yugi & Yoshinaga Fumi are also mangakas who I try my hardest to purchase every English licensed tittles. Since last year I also am addicted to Yoneda Kou, her story-telling skill is so brilliant, I'm always amazed because the complex and bittersweet feeling from her work, and the cuteness of her tsundere ukes. Hyouta Fujiyama is remarkable, too. Her plots are often simple, kinda mainstream, but she makes the characters so lively, and puts in lots of lovely details that can actually bring a smile to your face.

Quote (mizuqueen)
wow it's really interesting to read everyone's choices. as for me i love yamada yugi. i'll read any of her stuff, without question.

another favorite is yoshinaga fumi. again i'd read any of her stuff bl and shojo (and i have too).

i also like ougi yuzuha. she was one of my first bl mangakas. and though some of her work (style and plot wise) isn't as great as her oldies, but goodies, i still read all of her works. i like her crazy, unrealistic characters that are obsessed with each other.

i like naono bohra. her art style is so unique it's kind of ugly pretty. i love how her characters are fleshy looking and darkly shaded.

wow i could just go on and on. but i'll stop myself before this becomes 10 pages.

amedoxDate: Sunday, 2012-01-29, 3:21 AM | Message # 53
Private
My all time favorite is hands-down, Yamane Ayano. I really, really like her Viewfinder series, and it's probably the only one I actually do keep up with. I also really like Odagiri Hotaru, Naono Bohra, Minase Masara, and Itsuki Kaname. I have a couple others listed down but I can't recall their styles at the moment.

I usually really like any mangaka who has a clean but detailed/realistic depiction of their characters, and who have an ability to give them a range of expressions.

Message edited by amedox - Sunday, 2012-01-29, 3:26 AM

orquideaDate: Thursday, 2012-02-23, 2:14 PM | Message # 54
Private
My favorite mangaka is Yamano Ayano.
But there are other that I also like very much like Lee Young Hui, Yoo Ha Jin, Hiiro Reiichi, Yamato Nase, Manase Masara.

NaishoDate: Thursday, 2012-03-01, 7:29 AM | Message # 55
Private
Oh dear. I have a bunch of yaoi mangaka that I love like Yamane Ayano, Naono Bohra, Shigiura Shiho, Youka Nitta, Sakurai Shushushu, Nishimura Shuko and so many more that would fill this page. I also love a lot of non-yaoi mangaka like Norihiro Yagi, Yabuki Kentaro, CLAMP, Yana Tobosu, Takayama Shinobu, Katou Kazue and many more whose names I but above all of these great and talented mangaka, the one I love and worship the most is none other than Obata Takeshi-sensei. I stalk him *_*

MidoriDate: Saturday, 2012-03-10, 10:15 AM | Message # 56
Lieutenant
I guess.. if you're talking about yaoi:
1. "Minami Haruka" - cause the ukes just look so cute but I kinda get bored sometimes since her drawing looks the same every time
2. "Yamane Ayano" - her works are awe-mazing!! The characters are so hawt!
These are my favorite yaoi mangakas mainly because they draw hawt bishies Ds
If you're talking about shoujo:
1. "Nakamura Yoshiki" - I love the way she draws the eyes of her female characters and I love the way her brain works, such wild imagination to create such a beautiful manga such as "Skip Beat!"
2. "Ueda Rinko" - her art is adorable and I love the way she writes a lot of historical mangas, I guess her best work is "Hadashi de Bara wo Fume"
If you're talking about shounen and comedy mixed together:
1. "Mashima Hiro and his apprentices" - I love fairytail cause it's both funny and, er, full of surprises? My cousin said something about Mahima Hiro having "Yoshikawa Miki" and "Oda Eiichiro" under him as his apprentices/assistants, that's why their way of drawing manga is kinda the same.
2. Umm.. None, I think?

That is all. Please move on and read the following posts.

I love reading manga I love my mom~!

amethysDate: Tuesday, 2012-10-09, 5:05 AM | Message # 57
Private
Wait a sec .. you mean .. like .. cut it down to just one?!
shock

That's absolutely impossible for me, there's just too many good mangaka out there! However, there is one I would like to mention, as she needs more attention imho: YAMAGISHI Hokuto

I won't even start on a list of those I really like, as I don't even know where to start, not to mention where to end it! Kyah

keeDate: Tuesday, 2012-10-09, 8:52 AM | Message # 58
Private
Group: Member
My favourite mangaka for shoujo are Sakurakouji Kanoko & Motomi Kyousuke. For yaoi, I have to say Tennouji Mio.
L

kayueDate: Tuesday, 2012-10-09, 9:43 PM | Message # 59
Private
So many, but since I'm a fan girl, the yaoi mangaka jumps to mind.
Naono Bohra - humor, art & stories
Nakamura Shungiku - ditto
Nakamura Asumiko - stories and occasional weirdness
Shin Mizukami - pretty smut!

Slashy
Morimoto Shuu - Asterisk's bishie angels
Sugiura Shiho - more bishies

freresDate: Thursday, 2012-10-11, 0:40 AM | Message # 60
Private
Naono Bohra and Fujisaki Kou are some of my favorite Yaoi Mangaka. For Shoujo, Nana Shiiba and Takaya Natsuki are a couple of my favorites.

I read several genres in manga. As long as the art conveys the story and the story is coherent and interesting (and I don't find it squicky), I'll read just about any manga genre. I also read a wide variety of novels.

Hi

korf73Date: Wednesday, 2012-12-26, 4:06 PM | Message # 61
Private
Since yaoi is one of my preferred genres genre is a given that my favorite mangakas write that genre. It is difficult to choose only one, but my top list are Yamane Ayano, Shimizu Yuki, Touko Kawai and Takanaga Hinako.

Debs119Date: Thursday, 2012-12-27, 1:16 PM | Message # 62
Private
Some of my favourite authors I can name are, Chie Shinohara, Mayu Shinjo, Yumi Tamura, Youka Nitta, Yoshiki Nakamura, Shungiku Nakamura, Yuu Watase, Chiho Saito but I have many more favourites :-)

NatsumeDate: Friday, 2012-12-28, 10:25 PM | Message # 63
Private
My favorite Mangakas for romance or action genre are Watase Yuu Sensei (Fushiigi Yuugi, Sakura Gari, etc. ), CLAMP (Cardcaptor Sakura, xxxHolics, Tsubasa Chronicle, etc.), Oda Eiichiro Sensei (One Piece), Ninomiya Tomoko Sensei (Nodame Cantabile), Midorikawa Yuki (Natsume Youjinchou), Takaya Natsuki (Fruit Basket), and so much more.
If I can pick 2 of my most favourite mangakas, I will pick Watase Yuu Sensei and CLAMP since they have creatively create really great mangas that has been turned to either anime or live-action japanese drama. T-Ups
My favourite mangakas for yaoi or shounen ai genre are Yamane Ayano (ViewFinder, Ikoku Irokoi Romantan), Nakamura Shungiku (Junjou Romantica, Sekaiichi Hatsukoi), Abe Miyuki (Komatta Hoshi ni Kike, Super Lovers), Morimoto Shuu (Asterisk, Jinjuu Houretsuden), and so much more.
If I can pick 2 of my most favourite mangakas, I will pick Nakamura Shungiku and Abe Miyuki since the flow of romance is clearly carried out as the story continues step by step and explain that the couple (seme and uke) can complete each other. NB

takashimuraDate: Friday, 2013-09-06, 11:47 AM | Message # 64
Private
Hmmm I have several favorite BL mangaka
- Suzuki Tsuta
- Yamakami Riyu
- Mamahara Ellie
- Fujiyama Hyouta

Non BL mangaka:
- Oda Eiichiro

BewsBudDate: Wednesday, 2016-01-20, 1:14 PM | Message # 65
Private
I enjoy so many mangaka...
Kano Shiuko
Fuwa Shinri
Minase Masara
Naono Bohra
Nitta Youka
Shimizu Yuki
...the list could go on and on.

That said, I'm particularly fond of Yamada Yugi.
There's a maturity in her characters and storylines that I really appreciate.

kakariccaDate: Thursday, 2016-01-28, 7:10 AM | Message # 66
Private
I love Yoneda Kou and her yakuza series Saezuru Tori wa Habatakanai yeah Bittersweet story, hot guys, who don't look like girls with big eyes, intresting plot - everything that I need. Also I adore Asano Inio's works.

searachan1104Date: Saturday, 2016-01-30, 10:30 AM | Message # 67
Private
When I were asked this quesion, CLAMP is the first name that pop up in my mind. Their works in one word is diversity. They works in diverse genre: kodomo, shoujo, shounen, shoujo-ai, shounen-ai, seinen,... Their character, their theme are very various. But the most impressive thing they have done is "everything is connected". xxxHolic, Tsubasa are closely related to each other, and previous characters also re-debut in these two. :3
I really love to talk about them but my English writing is not good. So sad that I have to stop here. :3

galla4yaoiDate: Monday, 2016-02-01, 1:32 AM | Message # 68
Private
This is a terrible question because I always end of listing everyone, lol! If I had to really pick, I'd probably say Morimoto Shuu. I am beyond in love with G-Defend and all the couples (my fave is Alec x Marty). Her various other manga are interesting as well. Her art is awesome (although it wasn't always) and the story lines are interesting.

terribletea96Date: Monday, 2016-02-15, 11:46 AM | Message # 69
Private
In yaoi, my favorite author has to be Sakumoto Ayu. In shoujo, it's Aya Shouoto.

lastriie94Date: Thursday, 2016-03-24, 3:41 PM | Message # 70
Private
Because i read manga randomly regarding the summary so i love much the mangaka overall i think i can really really fall in love for takarai rihito, umezawa hana and nakamura sungiku because of work JR

NoirDate: Wednesday, 2016-04-06, 4:14 AM | Message # 71
Private
There are a lot of mangakas I love but I can't remember all the names. Recently, I'm really interesting in the works of Ogeretsu Tanaka sensei and Scarlet Beriko sensei.
For Ogeretsu sensei, I love the NC. lol The story included the drama but not too much.
For Scarlet sensei, I love the type of Uke that sensei draws. Uke always looks manly more than Seme and sometimes Uke is older than Seme.
That is why I love their works. *-*

petapepyDate: Sunday, 2016-04-10, 3:44 AM | Message # 72
Private
My favourite mangaka is Shimizu Yuki. I remember reading Love Mode when it first came out and just fell in love with the way she develops her characters. But it wasn't until I read Ze that I fell in love with her work, especially the intricate storyline and complicated characters.

I also like works by Sakyou Aya,  Yamane Ayano, Ogawa Chise and Abe Miyuki. Again for the artwork and storylines.

freakzaliveDate: Monday, 2016-04-11, 4:54 AM | Message # 73
Private
My favorite mangaka would have to be Yoneda Kou, who writes really shounen-esque yaoi manga. Her works really draw you in and have such amazing drama and beautifully touching scenes. Though, her work hasn't brought me to tears like a lot of other authors; I just can't help but love her most.

DietrichDate: Wednesday, 2016-04-13, 11:59 AM | Message # 74
Private
I don't know if she was already mentioned, but I really LOVE the works of Yoneda Kou.
They are somewhat 'adult' manga, they don't possess all the cliches of the other yaoi manga, but not only that. She is capable of analize through her drawings the inside, the minds of her characters on a level that, as of today, I've only found in very few manga (of all genres, not only yaoi).
Lately, I'm quite obsessed with her 'Saezuru', and I was totally AMAZED at the last chapter!! Like, I stared at the screen of my pc for at least 5 good minutes, processing what I read, what I saw, the faces of Yashiro and Doumeki and...and...!!! OMG, I don't want to give spoilers, just read this marvellous manga! And all the other works of Yoneda sensei <3

LintDate: Saturday, 2016-10-01, 1:13 AM | Message # 75
Private
I think it's always fun reading through these type of threads as you can see what type of manga-kas (and subsequently what mangas) fall in and out of vogue. You can always get a gist from what time period people were reading simply by some of the manga-kas they choose, lol.

But anyway, I'll try to give this a go and mention a slew of them, Yugi Yamada (whatever happened to her? no longer as prolific as she used to be, sadly enough), Yuki Shimizu (for ZE), Ougi Yuzuha, Tanaka Ogeretsu (hope she stays around for a long time), Ichikawa Kei, Isaku Natsume, and more recently Nasume Kazuki.

For shoujo, Iketani Rikako and Ai Yazawa (please finish NANA!!!).

AlexsasaDate: Wednesday, 2016-11-02, 9:39 AM | Message # 76
Private
There are so many authors it is difficult to choose. I like the creators of tender stories, as Yuki Midorikawa and Kiri Wazawa.
As the most intense stories, I like Yamane Ayano, Naono Bohra, Fumi Yoshinaga, Youka Nitta and others.
As long as I take out of my routine, I like complicated but hopeful stories.

claramoyaoliverDate: Wednesday, 2016-11-09, 0:32 AM | Message # 77
Private
For me, I used to love Inu yasha since I was like 5. So that lead me to forever loving it's creator. It made my childhood so, so much better honestly. I wish I could thank her for all the hours that anime made me happy.

vane20_06_99Date: Thursday, 2016-11-24, 2:04 PM | Message # 78
Private
my favourite mangaka.... it's kind of difficult to choose ahah. I read lots of mangas these past years that i find this hard to answer, but i will focus in josei and yaoi mangakas.
MITSUKI KAKO- her mangas are the beeeest, i recommend them, she leaves you with a feeling, idk how to explain it xd 
TAKARAI RIHITO- my favourite is Ten Count, fhbvuvbw, there are other, Seven Days and a novel that i still didn´t read. Goood¡¡
NEKOTA YONEZOU- Elektel, Hidoku, Miwaku ... Her mangas are awesoomeee and so leewd ahah, I love them. 
SAKYO ANA- i've been crazy with her works. The way she draaaws, without the stupid censura-chan ahah. I¿ve been reading her mangas since the beggining of my fujoshi life, i don't miss any of her new works.
YONEDA KOU- you must know her for suuuure. I'm all over Saezuru that i can't focus in my studies xd
And well, I love all the genres, seinen, gore, shounen, historical, sport, webtoons, and la la la ... I wouldn't finish if i were to continue :c

Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manhwa » Your Favorite Mangaka?
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: