Welcome, Guest!
Friday, 2024-04-19
Please check the donation page for more information.
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manhwa » Will You Stop Reading Manga?
Will You Stop Reading Manga?
lulu89Date: Sunday, 2012-12-09, 3:38 AM | Message # 101
Private
Group: Reader
I don't think I'm EVER going to give up manga. Though, Already I have had times when I read less... but never have I actually stopped. Since discovering manga... what seems YEARS ago, so long ago I don't remember a day I didn't (lol) I knew that first moment that I would never give it up. :)

solaceDate: Monday, 2012-12-24, 4:16 PM | Message # 102
Private
I don't think I'll ever completely stop. I've been into anime and manga as far back into my life as I can recall (and that's nearly twenty years there). While I may stop reading certain genres along the way, I don't think I'll ever stop completely, as manga (and anime) is not only a hobby of mine, but something I would like to think is also a passion (my sisters and I are working on a comic of our own, wherein, because I lack any sort of artistic ability, I'm merely the editor and writer).

chibikariDate: Tuesday, 2012-12-25, 5:11 PM | Message # 103
Private
When pigs fly, I might stop reading/watching manga/anime. But I think there will always be some form of it everywhere I will go. But being since I am living in Japan now, I know it will still continue for quite sometime. Hopefully I will a medium for both the real world and anime/manga, but it still revolves around the latter a little more.

DoomCooki3eDate: Tuesday, 2012-12-25, 9:16 PM | Message # 104
Private
i always told my self that i should cut-down/stop reading manga but when i do,i always start again and every time i start again my addiction to manga get worst HOHO shock

korf73Date: Wednesday, 2012-12-26, 5:04 PM | Message # 105
Private
I don't think I will completely stop reading manga, unless maybe when I'm a very old person. I do see myself decreasing the amount of manga that I read, as it has started to happen since right now I don't have as much as free time as I had before.

RiiNDate: Wednesday, 2013-01-02, 11:05 AM | Message # 106
Private
I don't plan to stop reading manga ever, but, who knows what will happen in future. Maybe RL will become se hectic that there'll be no time to read manga. Well, there'll always be possibilities in the future. I just try enjoy it when I can ohs

takashimuraDate: Friday, 2013-09-06, 11:43 AM | Message # 107
Private
I don't think that I'll stop reading manga very soon. Especially my one of hobbies is reading, so when I have a spare time, I'll spend my time reading something

I also love BL manga very much with so many collections. So it should take a very long time to read them all :D

celestiteDate: Monday, 2015-12-21, 9:18 AM | Message # 108
Private
I don't think I can stop reading manga, without them i feel so empty and bored. My parents and my family always want me to stop reading them since I am a working adult now, but i can't. Maybe in the future if real life is so hectic or if i am getting really old, maybe i will stop or read less manga. But i am a little bit scared since my manga collection keep growing, and i don't have empty space to keep them T_T.

xanthenicoleDate: Sunday, 2016-01-10, 1:59 PM | Message # 109
Private
I don't see a time when I will quit.  I've gotten married, earned 2 different college degrees, had 3 different careers, had 3 children, moved 12 times in the last 20 years, and am per-menapausal--so they think--but I still read manga and watch anime.  I have an ever growing stack of titles to read yet.  In fact, I almost look forward to the day I retire or win the lottery so that I can catch up on all of the titles I want to read.  My daughter, who is quite artistically talented, now loves manga and anime.  So, again, I don't see myself ever giving it up--unless perhaps I have to due to blindness or illness.  That would be a tragedy!

Message edited by xanthenicole - Sunday, 2016-01-10, 2:00 PM

3zkDate: Sunday, 2016-01-10, 5:53 PM | Message # 110
Private
Group: Member
I haven't stopped completely, but I rarely find a title I really want to read anymore.  It seems like I've read so much that all the new manga is just the same thing I read a dozen times before.  Usually the cover is enough of a plot giveaway for me.  I'm mainly just trying to keep up with my favorites like Viewfinder and Maiden Rose.  Once my favorites are finished though, I'll probably be calling it quits.

OrianaDate: Monday, 2016-01-11, 5:03 PM | Message # 111
Private
I really don't think i'll stop reading manga at all. I love it so much and plus it something i can do when im sick so i dont think i will ever stop from reading manga.

madcinderellaDate: Monday, 2016-01-11, 5:45 PM | Message # 112
Private
I will never stop reading manga. It is one of my hobbies and I spend a lot of time reading.

BewsBudDate: Sunday, 2016-01-17, 3:07 PM | Message # 113
Private
I can't think of a reason that I might stop reading manga.
There are too many talented mangaka for me to ever find it boring.
It's also one of the healthier things that relaxes me when I'm stressed.
And it never leaves me hungover!

fusior22Date: Monday, 2016-01-25, 5:44 PM | Message # 114
Private
My answer to this question is a huge NO. Manga is a world where I can completely lose myself in. I hope that one day I'll be able to create such a world (that I'll be able to draw my own manga). I don't need a man, a need a man-ga :D

Message edited by fusior22 - Monday, 2016-01-25, 5:45 PM

shirleyzDate: Wednesday, 2016-01-27, 3:40 AM | Message # 115
Private
Well, as reading manga is a daily routine in my real life, idk i would stop it. I have been reading manga for 5 years, and i really involed in it. I will never stop reading manga, it's a part of my life.

searachan1104Date: Saturday, 2016-01-30, 10:47 AM | Message # 116
Private
I think I will never quit reading manga and comics in general.
In the past, I stopped reading for about a year and after that time, I am still love manga and I hope that will never happen again.

galla4yaoiDate: Monday, 2016-02-01, 1:36 AM | Message # 117
Private
I thought I'd grow out of it to be honest, but thankfully I haven't and it's always a nice way for me to relax. It's also great that a lot of publishers sell digital versions now, which makes accessing it even easier. I guess the types of stories I like have changed a little bit over time and I am much more able to tolerate weird/bad artwork if the story is still good.

isabeau_321Date: Thursday, 2016-02-04, 5:15 PM | Message # 118
Private
I can't imagine myself to stop reading manga... Well,maybe when I have a husband and kids and no time anymore, but I think I'll always find some time to read a few. So far, I haven't lost my interest in them. I don't read as many as I did when I discovered the wonderful world of anime and manga, but stopping altogether? Maybe not.

howoriginalllDate: Monday, 2016-02-15, 8:42 AM | Message # 119
Private
I generally stop if the manga fall into one of the two categories:
1) The manga won't get updated (or scanlated) for a long long time, so much so that I forgot about it.
2) The manga is just really extremely boring and I don't see the point of it anymore

mkhalil1Date: Tuesday, 2016-02-16, 0:54 AM | Message # 120
Private
Ive wondered this before. I started reading in high schol and thought itd be a phase but i never grew out of it! the art and plots are ever evolving and some of my most favorite manga have yet to be finished.  I dont think ill ever stop though, i love it too much haha :)

JibrilDate: Tuesday, 2016-04-05, 12:35 PM | Message # 121
Private
i dont think i will ever stop to read manga. when i am busy it can happen that i wont be able to read for several weeks, but it never crossed my mind to completely stop.
i have been reading for over 15 years and the only thing that changed was my taste concerning the genre and what i expect about the storyline

kisaDate: Monday, 2016-04-11, 8:54 AM | Message # 122
Private
I've been reading manga nearly all my life (for like 20 years?) and still am. Don't see myself stopping anytime soon unless the apocalypse comes or I am doomed to have no Internet.

tarragonDate: Tuesday, 2016-04-12, 3:14 AM | Message # 123
Private
I would say no but honestly compare to few years back I read less manga now.

skybrownieDate: Monday, 2016-05-16, 12:36 PM | Message # 124
Private
My original thought is I won't stop reading manga ...
I love to read manga since I was small.

But after reading a few comments here, I re-think and it may be some possible cases like health issue or your aging that will be obstacle for our reading in the future .. (a little sad)

bootuckorlienDate: Sunday, 2016-06-05, 11:42 AM | Message # 125
Private
hurmm...never ever cross my mind that i will ever stop reading manga. shock
it's became my habit and i hope that it will stay forever. Yay

nurarihyon7Date: Tuesday, 2016-07-05, 11:06 AM | Message # 126
Private
Hell no. I can't give up on reading as whole. I love books and manga. 
I like anime, too. But somewhat manga/books/novels are different, it gets your imagination working.
A reason why adaptations often disappoint though.

juliet_fiamatta_asto_capuDate: Tuesday, 2016-07-05, 7:04 PM | Message # 127
Private
I don't think I will stop reading manga. I may not have as much time as I would want to spend reading, but i know i won't stop. Reading manga has become part of my everyday life. To me, reading manga is an enjoyable stress reliever. As long as there are people writing stories, i will continue to look forward to reading them!

bolabuluhitamDate: Tuesday, 2016-07-05, 11:21 PM | Message # 128
Sergeant
What?! Definitely NO! At least I never think I will. Reading manga and novels spread my horizon about a lot of things.
They keep entertain me when real life happen

grooveygirl66Date: Saturday, 2016-07-09, 8:49 AM | Message # 129
Private
No, I'll never stop reading manga. As long as there are good mangaka out there with a good story to tell, I will continue to read. If anything I will try different genres (which is what I am doing now) so that I can have something different and new to read.

ashwoods195Date: Wednesday, 2016-07-20, 7:06 PM | Message # 130
Sergeant
Group: Moderator
We all will eventually, it's just a matter of time, right? Since I'm in the scanlating business as well, I'll probably be reading manga for longer than I would otherwise, but I trust that out of my own personal interest I'll be here until my late 20s? Hopefully by then I'll have enough other things to do...

kamuiluluDate: Thursday, 2016-07-21, 4:53 PM | Message # 131
Private
I have asked myself that question, and to be honest i don't think i will ever stop, surely work and/or family (possibly in the future) will make it a little hard to continue as frequent as i do now, but, i read to take a break, to kinda forget for a while whatever problem or tiredness i have, it relax me, so that's why i think i will keep reading

miyukinatsuyaDate: Tuesday, 2016-07-26, 8:53 AM | Message # 132
Private
No I would not stop reading manga since i started reading since elementary school and i still haven't stop especially when i discover Shounen-Ai and Yaoi when i got older. I have to wait till all my favorite manga are completely finished that when i know I might stop in the future.

ophelie1399Date: Wednesday, 2016-08-03, 7:35 AM | Message # 133
Private
I think that I could never stop reading manga because it would be like disown a part of me. Indeed, I spent my whole childhood immersed in this wonderful world Bs ( Me, nostalgic???? Of course noooot

HanaDate: Sunday, 2016-09-18, 3:14 PM | Message # 134
Private
Never!  I find myself reading manga more than watching anime because I can easily breeze through the manga volume in 1/2 hour.  Also, I discovered a lot of my favorite series by reading manga rather than watching anime.  Although I like watching anime, I just don't have the time to do so lately.  ;(

vane20_06_99Date: Thursday, 2016-11-24, 2:13 PM | Message # 135
Private
There is NO WAY that i stop reading manga, it's a part of my life, i cant imagine myself without it. I've been years into this.
well, maybe if someone were to steal my cellphone... No, still no. I have my lap ahah. :C

akrosmeliorDate: Monday, 2017-02-27, 0:03 AM | Message # 136
Private
I don't think I'll stop reading manga any time soon. I have a long list of BL mangas that I plan to read and will probably branch out to read other works by the same author. I might have to take breaks from manga for brief periods if I get too busy with school and/or work but I probably won't ever quit reading completely.

nikhilextremeDate: Monday, 2017-03-27, 12:46 PM | Message # 137
Private
I don't think I'll ever be able to do that.

I just wish that they'll start selling manga at the bookstore here.

ph8849262Date: Monday, 2017-04-03, 7:39 AM | Message # 138
Private
I can't stop!!! Impossible!! I have been reading manga since my childhood and now my adulthood. Almost 20 years since. I spend most my childhood arguing with my mom because of this hobby of mine. What can stop me now? LoL

Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manhwa » Will You Stop Reading Manga?
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: