Welcome, Guest!
Friday, 2024-05-17
Please check the donation page for more information.
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manhwa » Need some suggestions (I am looking for manga)
Need some suggestions
bunnywarriorqueenDate: Tuesday, 2016-05-31, 11:04 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Reader
Hello everyone I am terribly sorry to bother you, but I am looking for a couple manga to read. I have read a lot of manga, and am currently looking for some that I have not actually read yet. I don't like mecha manga that much so I would appreciate it if you didn't suggest a lot of them.

Some genres that I really love are yaoi, shoujo, romance, shounen, and fantasy. So if you have any suggestions you think I would enjoy reading please do post them ^w^ I would really appreciate it. I will inform you if you post a suggestion that I have already read.

Thank you to everyone who helps me out :D

kikeekDate: Thursday, 2016-07-07, 0:08 AM | Message # 2
Private
Group: Reader
one of my favorite shoujo ever is Hana Yori Dango.  I just love how Domyouji evolved from an ape to a gentleman.  haha

since i've already made some BL recs in another thread, i'll just recommend some non BLs.

the manga's not completely finished with scanslation (the serialization's finished) but Boku Girl is cute.  gender-bender manga.  guess the fujoshi in me enjoyed it since it's a bit of shounen ai-ish? the ending (read it in japanese) left a lot of "whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? that's it?!" feeling, but the bulk of it was really funny and enjoyable.
another gender-bender that i've been into is Kanojo ni Naru Hi.  i like the offshoot series Kanojo ni Naru Hi Another a little more, but it's probably cuz the boy-turned-girl is a tsundere.  ^^;;;  they're still ongoing.
leaving gender-bender love stories, i tend to read sports shounen manga.  not a whole lot i didn't like.  lulz  obvious ones are Kuroko no Basuke and Haikyuu.  i recommend ROOKIES (baseball), Slam Dunk (pretty old school), Eyeshield 21 (football).
the mangaka for Eyeshield 21 illustrates ONE's One Punch Man which, if you haven't watched the anime, is pretty recommended by me!  the manga is illustrated with lots of detail and pretty funny too if you like superhero genre.
for horror that doesn't get too guro, i say read Tokyo Kyushu (Tokyo Ghoul) even if you watched the anime.  the anime... kinda pissed me off since it didn't follow the manga too much.  the manga story is so much better!! dfaskjdkjf  if you haven't watched the anime and are interested in watching, i say watch it first before reading the manga so you won't feel the same angst i felt, along with other manga followers. OTL

i feel like i'm writing a novella, so i'll stop here.  haha
hope i recommended at least one that peaks your interest. >.<;;;

edit:  oops. you didn't mention horror. it was fantasy.  sorry. m(_ _)m

Message edited by kikeek - Thursday, 2016-07-07, 0:11 AM

Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manhwa » Need some suggestions (I am looking for manga)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: