Welcome, Guest!
Friday, 2024-04-19
Please check the donation page for more information.
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Discussions » Anime » Favourite anime
Favourite anime
cottoncandyDate: Thursday, 2011-09-01, 3:18 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Reader
What`s yours favourite anime? :)

My faves are Kyo Kara Maoh, and Sailor Moon Kyah

Rarely I see an anime that actually did justice or is even better then the manga :)

vampiresaviorDate: Monday, 2011-09-05, 5:43 PM | Message # 2
Private
I really love Revolutionary Girl Utena, it was beautifully animated, had a complex and somewhat confusing plot, and it's full of angst and a great mix of not quite happy endings but that feel right.

on that note i also love cowboy bebop! awesome story, awesome characters, awesome music, great animation, and the ending ;_; so sad but felt so right.

ispringle1Date: Thursday, 2011-09-08, 1:13 AM | Message # 3
Private
My favorites are Sailor Moon, Ramma 1/2, Yuyu Hakusho, CCS and Sukisho

Katsura89Date: Tuesday, 2011-11-01, 6:39 AM | Message # 4
Private
As far as I am concerned, my favourite animes are Naruto, Bleach, Gundam Seed, Card Captor Sakura (I really like Clamp's art) and Reborn.

I have never seen so much funny babies^^ (Reborn). I really like it!

Message edited by Katsura89 - Tuesday, 2011-11-01, 6:50 AM

NoctuleDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-01, 9:49 AM | Message # 5
Private
Actually i don't watch anime anymore but the first thing to come ot my mind after this question is Ghost Hunt. Well maybe the main reason is that i really like this manga and can't wait to read the last volume.

HanarashiDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-01, 11:24 AM | Message # 6
Private
My favouriite anime...?
Sailor Moon, Hellsing Ultimate Ova, Skip Beat, Fullmetal Alchemist and One Piece.

etineskiDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-01, 1:48 PM | Message # 7
Private
Group: Member
I have always been anime fan since i was little kid. The thing i liked about it is that it has a good art. My most favorite of all would be Samurai X. :)

FeedertDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-01, 5:45 PM | Message # 8
Private
My fav anime for now are Fullmetal Alchemist, Gintama, Blood +, Natsume Yuujinchou... If movies are included then, Kara no Kyoukai also. I don't like anime that are too short or too long, full of filler, nor the anime that has different plot from its manga. That's why I gave up watching the first Fullmetal Alchemist and Kuroshitsuji, although I like the manga.

HatsuneMikuDate: Wednesday, 2011-11-02, 1:14 AM | Message # 9
Sergeant
My favorite Anime would have to be Eve No Jikan. Why? Even though it is only 15mins a Episode and I had to wait 2-3 months per Episode to Release It was always worth the wait (Though It was a pain waiting..) The Story, Art, and Atmosphere of the anime is simply A-m-a-z-i-n-g. If you haven't seen it I suggest you do. As for other Favs.
Welcome to the NHK, Clannad, Toradora, & True Tears.

sleeping_wolfDate: Saturday, 2011-11-05, 0:26 AM | Message # 10
Private
i have loads of favourites but the one that are on the top most of my fave lists
Yami no Matsuei, Kuroshitsuji, Hellsing, Cardcaptor Sakura, Gravitation, Papa to Heart kiss in the dark and Tiger&Bunny

KleinkDate: Saturday, 2011-11-05, 5:25 AM | Message # 11
Private
My favourite is Mononoke Hime but everything by Ghibli is awesome (at least to me). I really enjoy the art in Ghibli releases and the stories are unbelievably cute most of the time but give you something meaningful to consider in some cases (Mononoke Hime, Hotaru no haka). I coul watch most ghibli titles again and again without ever getting tired of them.

-Simo-Date: Saturday, 2011-11-05, 12:21 PM | Message # 12
Private
First Sailor Moon, it was my first and I have childhood related memories about it, so it's a sentimental reason. Second Nana, I watched the anime before reading the manga, I think it's the best so far for me.

serqeyDate: Monday, 2011-11-07, 2:45 PM | Message # 13
Private
I love collecting yaoi & shonen-ai series or ovas since they are very rare & I love that it can be created to be an anime after the manga that just mean that people are a lot more open minded in their thinking & that they are also willing to sponsor to provide yaoi lovers anime they will love....though not much skin or action down there are drawn...well mostly some of it...

Sonk_HachiDate: Saturday, 2011-11-12, 8:39 PM | Message # 14
Sergeant
My favourite anime are Katekyo Hitman Reborn,Bleach,Nurarihyon,07-Ghost,Uraboku,Sacred Seven,Kaichou wa Maid-sama and Code Geass ^^

harajunkoDate: Sunday, 2011-11-13, 0:17 AM | Message # 15
Private
At the moment, my favourites are Ao no Exorcist, 07 Ghost and D.Gray-man. I mainly like either shounen or yaoi anime. I rarely watch shoujo anime because I'm the type that prefers action, adventure and comedy.

FuzzyCitrusDate: Saturday, 2011-12-03, 1:08 AM | Message # 16
Private
To be honest, there's a lot I really like. I think the ones I'm most likely to rewatch or call favorites, though, are One Piece, Slayers, and--because it is simply so lulzy--the non-hentai remake of Magical Girl Canan. Between the tentacle monster going after the heroine's boyfriend (it's not that well-hidden what the monster would have been in the original!) and the fact that a condom could have prevented the world from being in danger in the first place...

FlaXx0RDate: Friday, 2011-12-30, 9:20 AM | Message # 17
Private
my favorite animes right now are Fairy Tail, Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai 1st & 2nd season, Zero no Tsukaima all 3 seasons cant wait for the final season too come XD and Bakemonogatari and im really excited about Nisemonogatari

Chi-chanDate: Friday, 2011-12-30, 8:49 PM | Message # 18
Private
Wow! I have many favorite animes... (sweat) Currently I don't miss an episode of Naruto, even with the eternal fillers. And I can say with all certainty that Tiger & Bunny was my anime of the year! I love those two! *fujoshi mode on*
GAAH! I can't forget Sekaiichi! So sweet. <3

SansDate: Friday, 2011-12-30, 10:05 PM | Message # 19
Private
My fav anime is One Piece, I just love how the story progress and how each characters developed. I also love Tiger & Bunny, Hanasaku Iroha and Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi. Coming up fast on my fav anime list is Guilty Crown, though sometimes I just want to smack Ohma Shu for being so stupid and naive

Am Busy - Blame it on the boys!

gumboDate: Friday, 2011-12-30, 10:43 PM | Message # 20
Private
Some of my favorite animes include Loveless, which is very sweet yet too short, and Junjou Romantica, which is hysterically funny and sweet as well. I've also enjoyed Saiyuki (including Gunlock and Reload), as well as Gankusou (Count of Monte Cristo) which is visually stunning.

avesta256Date: Saturday, 2011-12-31, 1:56 AM | Message # 21
Private
something about friendship lol

chirparoDate: Saturday, 2011-12-31, 2:13 AM | Message # 22
Private
My favorite anime of all time is Honey and Clover. I have watched 7 times all marathon like no regret *cry in joy*

yonieDate: Saturday, 2011-12-31, 9:30 PM | Message # 23
Sergeant
Haha :D I don't really like watching anime but I read this thread and noticed a title I used to like a long... long... long... long time ago -> Sailor Moon! Kyah (Yeah, I also grew up with Usagi and Co ;D) Not so long ago I noticed that some TV channel re-released it after all these years. It was so nostalgic Kyah

elocynDate: Sunday, 2012-01-01, 2:49 AM | Message # 24
Private
My favorites would be sailormoon (if just for nostalgia), hana yori dango, akazukin chacha, kodomo no omocha. Oh and fushigi yuugi (i cried at a certain character's death). I also like bleach although i stopped watching after episode 150-ish. Too many filler episodes.

AriDate: Monday, 2012-01-02, 6:51 PM | Message # 25
Private
I don't really watch much anime, but I loooooved Last Exile. It took me a while to get into it, because I don't really like war or action stories, but I was intregued by the steampunk element, and I liked the look of the characters. I got so into it, up until my favourite characters died... =0= But I still really like it, even if I was totally traumatised. xD

Wolf's Rain was another amazing anime, which I got hooked on from the first episode. Everything about the story and characters was so perfect... until all my favourite characters started dying. T___T

I watched Saiunkoku Monogatari and absolutely loved what I saw (which has only been about 5 episodes so far...)

And... Naruto =///=
I just love it. <333

unbirthdayDate: Wednesday, 2012-01-04, 7:39 AM | Message # 26
Private
My favourites are CCS, Code Geass (one of the most brilliant animes ever Q_______Q), Ouran High School Host Club, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Saiunkoku Monogatari and the Tsubasa Chronicles OVAs (the anime adaptions is kinda disappointing so I'm not gonna include it ~___~ the OVAs are great ;3;).

Message edited by unbirthday - Wednesday, 2012-01-04, 7:46 AM

lpgrangerDate: Saturday, 2012-01-07, 3:18 AM | Message # 27
Private
A few of my favorite animes are
Lovely Complex (I just love everything about this story and all of it's characters),
Durarara (at first it was all the shizaya tension, but then it was the whole story),
Air Gear (yes, I even like the live action musicals),
Mythical Detetctive Loki Ragnarok (Loki is so cute, while some dark aspects are covered it's definitely not as dark and freaky as the actual tale of Loki and everything he's involved in),
Kyo Kara Maou (the whole thing about a guy getting flushed down the toilet caught my eye, and soon enough I felt like I was flushed down with him and I was loving every minute of it),
Peach Girl (I have never despised an anime character more than a certain one in this series),
Zombie Loan (yesssss a zombie series that I don't have to be freaked out about gore, and it's funny too!),
Otome Youkai Zakura (cute fox girls who fight off evil spirts and the adorable relationships that happen between them and the guys assigned to look over them as humans and youkai try to get along),
Fushigi Yuugi (a classic that I can't even describe)
and others .......... XD

bluerose83Date: Saturday, 2012-01-21, 10:26 PM | Message # 28
Private
Favorite anime huh? I have so many. I'm a BL fan so anything with a lot of cute guy characters and male bonding is good. For example, 07 Ghost, Monochrome Factor, Amatsuki, Kyou Kara Maou, and my new fave. No. 6. I hate animes with annoying girl characters though. For example the girl from Law of Ueki. I really couldn't stand her.

faechildeDate: Thursday, 2012-01-26, 4:50 AM | Message # 29
Private
Some of my favorite animes are Ouran High School Host Club, Gokusen, Blood+ and Skip Beat. I tend to watch most types of anime but really like the suspenseful action type ones and the romantic comedy or comedy ones.

DafneDate: Tuesday, 2012-02-07, 0:56 AM | Message # 30
Private
I have a lot of favorite animes, but the ones i saw in my childhood still get to me, even tough now i am aware of how cheesy some of them where:
- Sailor Moon
- Utena
- Saint Seiya
- Pokemon (I even went to the see the movie HOHO )
- Magic Knight Rayearth
- Heidi
- Digimon

ShaynekoDate: Thursday, 2012-02-09, 11:58 PM | Message # 31
Private
Do I have to pick just one? LOL

Actually I have a lot of favorites though nothing can beat Pet shop of horrors for me. I love the supernatural - vampires, werewolves, demons and angels stories really. Though there are anime out there that dont fall into that that I really enjoy. Some of the others ones I love though are DNangel, D.Gray man, Vampire hunter D, Anything from Studio Ghibli since they do wonderful stories. I have plenty more, its just really hard to just chose one or two.

maryannaDate: Friday, 2012-02-17, 12:44 PM | Message # 32
Private
Ds Em.. there are many of them. Ai no kusabi, Death note, Sailot moon XD.
But actually I haven't fiished any anime series last for the past year happy

domiDate: Friday, 2012-02-17, 3:19 PM | Message # 33
Private
it is a hard question, as i try to follow the new ones as well, but there are some i rewatch at any time: just as vampire knight, naruto, bleach... but like okane ga nai and gravitation as well... could take more junjou romantica and stuff... and yeah, all nice-made ones with good plot and interesting character, or just to catch my interest at the first time!
i think i am addicted:)

fujiyukiDate: Friday, 2012-02-17, 11:24 PM | Message # 34
Private
I have a few favourite animes, but the one that stands out is Hikaru no Go. That series made me laugh and cry. When my sister first introduced me to the series I thought, why would I want to watch about people playing Go. Little did I know the first episode hooked me in quickly. What I really loved about the series is the growth of the characters and watching their achievements but also failings. I love Akira and Hikaru.

KeleiosDate: Sunday, 2012-02-19, 9:17 PM | Message # 35
Private
My favorite is Saiunkoku Monogatari (can't stand the english translated names though). Probably because of the strong female lead. In many stories the female lead either goes through growth to become strong (i.e. Sailor Moon) or starts of strong and ends up weak (Crazy Girl Shin Bea) but in this anime the main character has already gone through many hardships so is extremely strong willed and intelligent enough to achieve her goals and dreams. And she only gets stronger as the anime continues.

orquideaDate: Friday, 2012-02-24, 12:55 PM | Message # 36
Private
My favorite anime are Junjou Romantica, Samurai X, 07-ghost, Skip Beat, Hellsing and Gravitation.
Of course there are many other that I like.

NaishoDate: Thursday, 2012-03-01, 7:14 AM | Message # 37
Private
I've watched almost all of the previously mentioned anime (plus all the yaoi/shounen-ai anime out there) and I do appreciate them all. I'm personally a big fan of Studio Ghibli, Satoshi Kon (bless his wonderful soul), ufotable and Mamoru Hosoda but if I were to choose my favorite/s it would be these three:
  • Mushishi
  • Natsume Yuujinchou
  • Kino no Tabi

They're probably anime most people don't know and I probably won't recommend them to people who just watch anime for the art or hype. All of the above deal with/are set in the supernatural and yet they're all slice of life in their own philosophical way.
  •  
    erietha88Date: Saturday, 2012-05-05, 1:41 PM | Message # 38
    Sergeant
    I'm gone crazy with Bakuman as that was the best ever anime about mangaka there. And even if they are competing each other as a rival mangaka but they will always support each others and not even having any bad intentions.

JenDate: Tuesday, 2012-08-07, 4:52 AM | Message # 39
    Private
    My favorite are Saiunkoku Monogatari, Full Metal Alchemist, The first half of Bleach, and Vampire Knight. I'm rewatching Saiunkoku right now. I wish a english publisher would translate the light novels. One of them brought the rights to translate, but nothing has happened for a couple of years.

qiaDate: Tuesday, 2012-08-21, 5:31 AM | Message # 40
    Private
    Wow, there a lot already mentioned so I'll try to note other ones lol

Gundam 00 x100 best ever though I am totally biased

Kurozakuro completely twisted, but a beautiful story with beautiful art

And.. wow I can't think, there are lots more but I don't remember lol shock

hunnykoraDate: Tuesday, 2012-10-09, 3:06 AM | Message # 41
    Private
    I really like the ones based off of novels or original ones like drrr and c control.

jessiej1987Date: Tuesday, 2012-10-09, 3:56 AM | Message # 42
    Private
    god i love loads. bleach, naruto, black butler, natsume series, blah blah etc etc.

amethysDate: Tuesday, 2012-10-09, 5:16 AM | Message # 43
    Private
    Goody .. I've watched way too many animes already so I am certain I might forget about something. There is one I only recently rewatched and count as one of my favorites, which would be 怪~ayakashi~. The Ghibli Movies are all time favorites of mine as well. Then there's the GitS movies and series. Tokyo Godfathers is another really great movie. Urgh .. I'll stop for now, there's simply too many!!
    Ds

erasableDate: Tuesday, 2012-10-16, 1:29 AM | Message # 44
    Private
    My favorite anime was Gundam Wing. ^_^ I liked Trowa's complex character that keeps me guessing.

non8Date: Wednesday, 2012-10-17, 7:36 AM | Message # 45
    Private
    The first anime I ever saw completely: Tokyo Mew Mew
    And from the recent ones: Durarara!!, Project K
    And the adaptations of manga I like: Vampire Knight, Skip Beat!, Kaichou wa Maid-sama!, Uragiri wa Boku no Namae o Shitteiru, Bungaku Shoujo, Spice & Wolf

cath-tissotDate: Thursday, 2012-10-18, 7:46 PM | Message # 46
    Private
    My favorites are Fate Zero, Fate/Stay Night, Trinity Blood, Arakawa Under the Bridge! (It's hilarious!), 07-Ghost, KHR, and many other!
    Why? I love the characters and... I like the stories too.

Catherine Tissot
    ♂ + ♂ = ♥
    Livejournal: http://cath-tissot.livejournal.com/
    Tumbrl: http://www.tumblr.com/blog/catherine-tissot
    MSN: cath.tissot@hotmail.com
    Twitter: @catherinetissot

Message edited by cath-tissot - Thursday, 2012-10-18, 7:57 PM

DarkestChocolateDate: Saturday, 2012-11-03, 1:14 AM | Message # 47
    Private
    My favourite are Kuroko No Basket, Kuroshitsuji and Junjou Romantica.
    I'm not really into the long series like Bleach and Naruto...
    But One Piece looks alright :D

Moon-AngelicaDate: Sunday, 2012-11-04, 0:31 AM | Message # 48
    Private
    My favourite all time anime has to be Twelve Kingdoms - great plot, lots of character development, strong and comprehensive world building, it's perfect. My other favourites include Natsume Yuujinchou, Saiunkoku Monogatari and Detective Conan.
    Favourite anime I'm watching at the moment is Sword Art Online.

airconzDate: Saturday, 2012-11-17, 7:10 AM | Message # 49
    Private
    My favourites would have to OHSHC, Gintama, Fate/Zero and Tiger & Bunny

I don't have much of an attention span for anime series so anything that's fast paced/funny or something with a plot that will keep guessing.
    That way I'd want to keep going to the next episode, otherwise I drop a lot of anime ^^;

Message edited by airconz - Saturday, 2012-11-17, 7:23 AM

lulu89Date: Sunday, 2012-12-09, 3:48 AM | Message # 50
    Private
    Oooh...That's a hard one.. gah! do you know how many i've seen now? Eeek!! It's hard to choose!! lol...
    Uh... I think... well, I'll just go with what is my favorite right now.... that would be Sword Art Online and Magi! They're so freaking wonderful!! Sword Art Online is seriously EPIC! lol...
    as for Magi... I just started and I can't believe I put it off for a few weeks just now. the opening theme by SID I LOVE, the characters and the animation... all things to like! If you haven't started it yet I totally suggest it! :D Same with SAO

Forum » Discussions » Anime » Favourite anime
    • Page 1 of 2
    • »
    Search: