Welcome, Guest!
Tuesday, 2024-04-16
Please check the donation page for more information.
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manhwa » What is your Favorite Genre?
What is your Favorite Genre?
hunnykoraDate: Tuesday, 2012-10-09, 3:10 AM | Message # 101
Private
Group: Reader
As of right now, it's comedy, shounen ai/yaoi, and shounen. I may jump back onto the shoujo bandwagon if they come out with series as good as the old ones.

jessiej1987Date: Tuesday, 2012-10-09, 4:22 AM | Message # 102
Private
i dont really have a favorite but if you go by what i read most it would be YAOI!!

mafia_animeDate: Friday, 2012-10-12, 10:53 AM | Message # 103
Private
I read a lot of genre, but I'm more into yaoi and shounen-ai now.
There are only hansome guy here and the in the manga. No stupid woman to interfere. HOHO

Message edited by mafia_anime - Friday, 2012-10-12, 11:55 AM

no_nameDate: Monday, 2012-10-15, 6:42 PM | Message # 104
Private
My favourite manga genre is by far romance. Mainly shounen-ai and yaoi romance. Although I like reading some shoujo romance, ones that aren't filled with a lot of angst. I also love reading heart-warming almost fluffy family oriented stories.

airconzDate: Saturday, 2012-11-17, 7:17 AM | Message # 105
Private
Comedy and gag is good anytime

I also really like BL and lately I find myself loving the ones with little smut and more fluff to be enjoyable

I also like shounen from time to time, sometimes Sports but I'm not very brushed up on sports to follow too many

lulu89Date: Sunday, 2012-12-09, 3:57 AM | Message # 106
Private
First and foremost... I am OBSESSED, beyond love, Yaoi/BL/Shounen-Ai. Love that genre I eat it up. lol
Second, YEah.... I love comedy, supernatrual, action, some shounen, josei... uh... I'm having a hard time remembering the other types... uh... slice of life, romance, gender bender... heh.. I have a lot of fun with Gender bender. One of my top faves would be Hana-kimi...
But yeah... :) those are my faves...

solaceDate: Monday, 2012-12-24, 4:13 PM | Message # 107
Private
Mm, for me, I like to think of myself as someone who isn't limited to genres. I like to think I'm open enough to enjoy any genre so long as the story's good...ideally anyway. However, that's not always the case. Yaoi notwithstanding, I tend to be geared more towards shounenesque comedy and action (like JUMP titles, I guess?). I also love darker stories too.

DoomCooki3eDate: Tuesday, 2012-12-25, 9:24 PM | Message # 108
Private
i will say YAOI NB its just an addiction for me. i dont think i could ever get sick of it ^^

Message edited by DoomCooki3e - Tuesday, 2012-12-25, 9:26 PM

korf73Date: Wednesday, 2012-12-26, 4:17 PM | Message # 109
Private
I think my favorite genre is yaoi although I selectively read certain types of manga since not all yaoi mangas are my cup of tea. I also read some fantasy and shounen manga.

celestiteDate: Monday, 2015-12-21, 9:34 AM | Message # 110
Private
I think my favorite genre is gender-bender and historical romance, but i also like shoujo, yaoi or shounen ai. I will also read shounen and seinen if the story is super interesting and the art was good. I love the thrill when i read gender-bender manga, wondering when the protagonist will tell others about his/her real gender. I also love historical genre, because i love the historical fashion XD.

shirleyzDate: Wednesday, 2016-01-27, 3:51 AM | Message # 111
Private
I like yaoi and shoujo most, i usually read manga about the two genres. But if a manga with good art and plot, i would also read them even if they're not belong to these two genres. Additionally, i rarely read tragedy manga, i can't bear bad endings.

kakariccaDate: Thursday, 2016-01-28, 5:17 AM | Message # 112
Private
I read different genres of manga. But my favourite is psyhological stories, sometimes dark and weird stories. And for me its quite difficult to read only this genre, so I usually mix it up with something light and posivite like Youtsuba:)

mkhalil1Date: Tuesday, 2016-02-16, 1:04 AM | Message # 113
Private
Yaoi, without a doubt.I love a lot of teh more maure pyschological ones too. There really trippy and are deep.I have grown out of teh fuffu ones ifind them pointless. I still read some shoujo but not too much, now a days.

jonquilskyeDate: Monday, 2016-04-11, 6:10 AM | Message # 114
Private
I love reading josei and seinen the most, but it's closely followed by shounen.  Josei can be a lot like BL-lite depending on the story (07-GHOST, Karneval, ect.) and there are a lot of cool adventures with fun and loveable characters!  Of course, I also like reading BL~  but I also like to read in-depth stories that don't delve so much into romantic relationships, too.

kisaDate: Monday, 2016-04-11, 8:47 AM | Message # 115
Private
I read lots of genres. Most of favs are BL though. lol But I'll read anything as long as it's interesting - shounen, shoujo, seinen, josei, yuri and yaoi alike so it's hard to pinpoint only one.

tarragonDate: Tuesday, 2016-04-12, 3:15 AM | Message # 116
Private
Shounen.

But lately I find Shounen manga to be very generic and the fight it not that interesting anymore.

DietrichDate: Wednesday, 2016-04-13, 12:11 PM | Message # 117
Private
My favourite genre, of all time, is yaoi/shonen-ai.
I know that today is kind of 'oh-so-popular' to be in love with this genre, but I started reading yaoi, dropping the shojo genre for it, since I was 15. I know, I was underage, and in fact I started with shonen-ai, intrigued by these stories that would talk about love between two boys, a thing that in my coutry (even today, unfortunally) is very frown upon, even when there are know laws that enable two men to marry each other.
So, I was really curious about these love stories, and I searched for more, finding (at a legal age xD) the beautiful drawings of some of the most famous yaoi manga of all times: Haru wo Daiteita, Love Mode, Yellow, Crimson Spell, Viewfinder...and just to mention a few.
I also really like the shonen genre, because I have all male cousins that made me watch Dragon Ball on tv, and I loved it ever since! :D

skybrownieDate: Monday, 2016-05-16, 12:27 PM | Message # 118
Private
My answer should be yaoi .. ^O^ but i also like some fantasy or mystery in it or any type of super-natural things ex. witch, magic, demon, vampire, elf, angel ...

Also romantic is a must ...^^

mir2_66Date: Sunday, 2016-06-05, 9:15 PM | Message # 119
Private
At the moment I'm fascinated with Omegaverse!
But in general I love the drama, comedy and twisted
Although, if we have well-defined characters and the stories are interesting, I like everything!

nurarihyon7Date: Tuesday, 2016-07-05, 11:30 AM | Message # 120
Private
Gender Bender!! And it's such a pity that there are not many titles out there under that category. Of course next come Shounen. I kinda love action/psychological or mature plots.

And then comes the Yaoi.
A few weeks ago though I came across something like a sub-genre? It's the Alpha-Beta verse '_' I forgot how the fandom calls it, but it's kinda with MPREG. I usually don't like these but damn...someone came up with a nice idea XD.

juliet_fiamatta_asto_capuDate: Tuesday, 2016-07-05, 6:54 PM | Message # 121
Private
I have a lot of genres I like to read. I particularly like romance, shoujo, yaoi, mature, smut, action, sports, just to name a few. I'm pretty much opened to all kinds as long as the plot line is great! Art is a bonus for me!

ahhaDate: Wednesday, 2016-07-06, 5:36 AM | Message # 122
Private
Yaoi after that comedy and drama after that fantasy

hanamisweet08Date: Thursday, 2016-07-07, 5:43 AM | Message # 123
Private
My favorite Genre is yaoi, BL novel and Romance, but at the beginning I was interest in the shoujo but now I'm totally devoted to yaoi genre! ^__^

grooveygirl66Date: Saturday, 2016-07-09, 8:13 AM | Message # 124
Private
My favorite genre is yaoi. I do read some shoujo (depends on the mangaka or the story). I read a few shounen titles but I am a yaoi fan through and through.

1twistedgirlDate: Thursday, 2016-07-14, 4:19 AM | Message # 125
Private
I started with shoujo and shounen-ai, then found yaoi.  I still love it all, but love yaoi just a little bit more.  I tend to prefer the darker, grittier stories with intense characters.  But I also really love those sweet, tender stories as well.  As long as the guys are hot and there's a good story line, I usually like it!

HanaDate: Sunday, 2016-09-18, 3:23 PM | Message # 126
Private
Yaoi/Shounen-ai first.  XDDD

After that, Historical & Fantasy.  I love to see the author interpret their own version of what happened in the Historical.  Sometimes it's really close to accurate, and sometimes it's just loose spin based on the history.  As for Fantasy, most like it because of beautiful art.

haneulrwrDate: Monday, 2017-01-02, 4:40 PM | Message # 127
Private
At time to time i read each genre, lately i´m reading yaoi manwhas but 2 months ago i was reading manga shoujo or shonen, i don´t know why but it´s the season haha

Still, my favourites are yaoi, shoujo and shonen. (but i read sometime yuri too)

akrosmeliorDate: Monday, 2017-02-27, 0:02 AM | Message # 128
Private
I like reading mangas/manhwas from the yaoi, shounen-ai, and shoujo genres. A subgenre of yaoi that is currently my favorite right now is Omegaverse. The premise was pretty confusing the first time around but most mangas of that genre now have 1-2 pages explaining the alpha, beta, omega setup.

nikhilextremeDate: Monday, 2017-03-27, 12:51 PM | Message # 129
Private
Group: Member
Comedy, romance, fantasy and supernatural. Kyah

ph8849262Date: Monday, 2017-04-03, 7:21 AM | Message # 130
Private
Group: Member
I'm first starting from shoujo manga --> shounen --> shounen-ai, josei --> yaoi.
Nowadays I tend to read (either manga or novel) about yaoi (especially smut, historical, a/b/o verse, bdsm, shifter, mpreg, fantasy). One or some combination of the tags.

Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manhwa » What is your Favorite Genre?
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: