Welcome, Guest!
Thursday, 2024-04-25
Please check the donation page for more information.
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manhwa » How Big is Your Manga/Manhwa Collection? (how many do you own or how much space do they consume)
How Big is Your Manga/Manhwa Collection?
freakzaliveDate: Monday, 2016-04-11, 5:10 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Reader
I currently own about 200 volumes. I have some consecutive ones from several series, but I also have a bunch of oneshots and comics in general. I want to say, I have enough to where I think I can open my own manga cafe, with various genres from shounen to yaoi.

jonquilskyeDate: Monday, 2016-04-11, 6:13 AM | Message # 2
Private
My collection is quite small.  I have around 50, and most of them are from a few years ago.  I wish I could buy more in the future, but I don't have the money to afford it right now, sadly.

kisaDate: Monday, 2016-04-11, 8:43 AM | Message # 3
Private
I have maybe about a 100? I have complete volumes of Sailormoon and Rurouni Kenshin. The rest are random titles I read including One Piece. I stopped buying physical volumes now that digital ones are available.

tarragonDate: Tuesday, 2016-04-12, 3:17 AM | Message # 4
Private
I never counted how many book I have, I don't think it's that big because I like shounen man shounen manga tend to be long.

I guess if I have to say probably moderate at best.

nasty_gurl8856Date: Monday, 2016-06-06, 8:39 AM | Message # 5
Private
I don't have the exact number of books but I have one bookshelf dedicated to just manga/manhwa. It's actually getting pretty crowded in there. :)

nurarihyon7Date: Tuesday, 2016-07-05, 11:08 AM | Message # 6
Private
Not much, sadly. I started collecting AnE this year, next goal is to collect Gangsta.
And my first volume of AnE got lost -_-' Gotta find funds to buy it again. ;I

kikeekDate: Thursday, 2016-07-07, 0:26 AM | Message # 7
Private
1.5 book shelves and a cabinet full of manga... as well as some boxes full of manga.  i'd like to say well over a thousand since i double up rows on the shelves.  mostly BLs.  i've been collecting for a looooong time. >.<;;;

grooveygirl66Date: Saturday, 2016-07-09, 8:21 AM | Message # 8
Private
I've never taken the time to count them and right now they are all boxed cause I am planning to move in a month or two. But I have enough where they are two deep in a six shelf bookcase and I still have over flow into a smaller bookcase that I own. So, a conservative guess would be 500+.

kamuiluluDate: Thursday, 2016-07-21, 5:47 PM | Message # 9
Private
My collection is not that big as i would like to, the only series i have complete are rurouni kenshin, death note and merupuri, and i have many others incomplete DRRR, nabari no ou, pandora hearts, black butler and kamisama kiss.
If everything goes right i hope to complete nabari no ou this year and then i will concentrate in finish pandora. I also want to add No.6 and Natsume yuujinchou

HanaDate: Sunday, 2016-09-18, 3:35 PM | Message # 10
Private
Well, my manga shelve is totally fulled up.  I'll say it's probably close to 200 volumes.  My current collection "Bride's Story" and "Emma".  Both are licensed from YenPress & is in hardcover w/ the jacket.  Which totally made me click the BUY button immediately.  I love them so muchhhhh.  Ahhhh, the nice Jacket & hardcover, it's so rare to get those kind of mangas.  Thinking of collecting Natsume Yuujinchou (Books of Friends) because of all the bittersweet feelings I get when reading them.  Another one is Tegami Bachi.  But first, gotta clean up my shelve because I don't have anymore room.  ;A;

Other than that, I've been clean my mangas & planning to sell some of them because I don't feel like are part of my favorite collection anymore or not worth collecting.

Message edited by Hana - Sunday, 2016-09-18, 3:36 PM

LintDate: Saturday, 2016-10-01, 0:39 AM | Message # 11
Private
Hmm, I've never counted, and I wanted to say it was around the 50 range, but I have the full collection of NANA, which is at least 20 volumes, I believe, so including my BL manga, it has to be around 75ish and up with a smattering of Japanese volumes. It's not a lot, but I have too many for my own tastes. I've been wanting to get rid of some of them as it really just takes up space and some of it is shoujo and I hardly find shoujo to be interesting these days. I'm relieved that I didn't go overboard in my shoujo obsession days or I would find myself having to unload a lot more manga. 

Also, can I complain about why yuri can be found at my local B&N but no BL at all??

m-m-shtDate: Wednesday, 2016-11-09, 7:49 AM | Message # 12
Private
I only recently that I began collect manga so my collection is quite small , and what I care about that licensed in english its little sadly .

vane20_06_99Date: Thursday, 2016-11-24, 2:28 PM | Message # 13
Private
In the place i live, don´t sell mangas. Buuut, I downloaded an app called Manga Rock, i bought it. Ican download all the manga i want, i think i have 5gb of only manga in my cellphone and most of them are yaoi xd. I would love to have a real one, my first one. I will cry for sure and be the happiest, but still can't afford to it T.T. I envy you girls, maybe when i travel i'll be able to find the mangas T.T 
Anyway, i consider myself a great otaku yeeei :D

akrosmeliorDate: Monday, 2017-02-27, 0:02 AM | Message # 14
Private
Wow you guys have big collections. I usually buy sets for completed mangas. I've bought the box set for Ouran High School Host Club and Inuyasha because I was so in love with those series but they were quite expensive. Fortunately I can read scans online so my wallet isn't crying all the time!

Message edited by akrosmelior - Monday, 2017-02-27, 0:12 AM

ph8849262Date: Monday, 2017-04-03, 7:34 AM | Message # 15
Private
Group: Member
For a manga fanatic. My collection is quite small, most of them are shounen. They don't publish boys love mangas in my country. None at all. Can you believe that?? That's why I'm really grateful for scanlators and those that providing us with another boys love related thing. Digital era is nice.

Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manhwa » How Big is Your Manga/Manhwa Collection? (how many do you own or how much space do they consume)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: