Welcome, Guest!
Tuesday, 2024-04-23
Please check the donation page for more information.
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manhwa » Will You Stop Reading Manga?
Will You Stop Reading Manga?
vampiresaviorDate: Monday, 2011-09-05, 4:23 PM | Message # 51
Private
Group: Reader
i don't think i will ever completely stop reading manga. i definitely feel like my passion for it has waned from when i first started to read it (almost 15 years ago! go sh,i'm getting old....) but that's probably more to do with not have as much time as when i was a kid and i have never completely stopped reading it.

my tastes have changed so i'm a lot more selective on what i read vs reading everything popular and all yaoi shoujo series.

huina_humeDate: Monday, 2011-09-05, 11:42 PM | Message # 52
Private
I read DORAEMON when i was around 8-10 years old. then i stoped 'cause i felt so bored about it back tehn.,

but then again in my 16 i read THROBBING TONIGHT and FUSHIGI YUUGI., it was quiet DOKIDOKI when i read'em., after that i started to look for another manga from the same authors, but of course, i also found some UNEXPECTED mangas at the meantime., that's when my OTAKU-LIFE started.,

and i think., i will never stop like manga., as long as the GOOD-STORY-SIDE is still remain in it.,

happy

toki-chanDate: Monday, 2011-10-31, 8:17 AM | Message # 53
Private
No, I don't think I ever will. I grew up with manga. It'd be too weird to stop suddenly.

Besides, I view manga as a story medium. I like good stories. Manga just happens to be a great medium. ;)

xLilimDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-01, 4:23 AM | Message # 54
Private
I stopped reading manga for quite a while, but that's due to being busy. I don't really see a time when I'll stop altogether though. I really like it. It's a great hobby, but if the time should come, I think it'd be when I'm at least three times my age. haha

NeioDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-01, 6:14 AM | Message # 55
Private
Group: Member
I don't see myself not reading manga. It's like reading manga has been a habit for me. Looking for updates of manga I already read, looking for new interesting manga, and just rereading manga has just been part of my routine for the past years that i don't remember what I did in the internet before i started reading manga. Also, I don't think I'll ever run out of manga to read so, I think I'll just keep reading till I'm really old. :D

Added (2011-11-01, 6:14 Am)
---------------------------------------------
I don't see myself not reading manga. It's like reading manga has been a habit for me. Looking for updates of manga I already read, looking for new interesting manga, and just rereading manga has just been part of my routine for the past years that i don't remember what I did in the internet before i started reading manga. Also, I don't think I'll ever run out of manga to read so, I think I'll just keep reading till I'm really old. :D

Katsura89Date: Tuesday, 2011-11-01, 7:27 AM | Message # 56
Private
I don't think I can stop reading mangas... Reading mangas is relaxing and I like it... So I will never stop reading mangas^^

NoctuleDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-01, 9:44 AM | Message # 57
Private
Well i think i can imagine myself in a situation that i would't read it, at least would't read as much. And that moment isn't that far from here. And the reason is that all shoujo manga are cliche and art alone won't make it better anymore. And since i'm generally read only shoujo and for quite along period of time it's somewhat boring for me.

jubjubDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-01, 11:37 AM | Message # 58
Private
I don't think I'll ever stop reading manga per se. I might stop reading certain genres or start to get more picky with what I read hence reading less series, but to completely stop reading seems a bit too much

etineskiDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-01, 1:22 PM | Message # 59
Private
reading has been a hobby of mine ever since. I guess ill stop and then i will return to read once again. I think if am too busy with life, but i know i always read manga.

LareenDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-01, 11:40 PM | Message # 60
Private
Well I do enjoy manga but I feel that I won't stop reading it but rather I will transition to different genres

HatsuneMikuDate: Wednesday, 2011-11-02, 2:12 PM | Message # 61
Sergeant
Honestly? I dont see myself ever stop reading Manga. I've been reading it for years now and I still love Manga/Mahwa and I just seem to get more and more interested in it as time goes by instead of my Interest Fading.

sleeping_wolfDate: Saturday, 2011-11-05, 0:44 AM | Message # 62
Private
honestly i really don't think i'll be ever stopping! I've been reading them for quite some time now and find that i become more and more interested the more i read. Manga is also my greatest influence in my art style and has directed my career choice so it probably be very hard for me to stop any time soon.

KleinkDate: Saturday, 2011-11-05, 5:03 AM | Message # 63
Private
I can't see myself ever being able to stop. There might be periods where I'll read less manga than usual but since my obsession is still running strong after 12-13 years it is very possible that I'll still be giggling over some yaoi-manga when I'm old and wrinkled.

gohanshadowDate: Wednesday, 2011-11-09, 2:04 AM | Message # 64
Private
I might stop reading manga if it stops me from doing some real life thing I really want to do. Like, if I have a job that will have me travel around different countries I may stop because it is too hard to figure out which country is okay with which manga. @_@ Also, if I fall for somebody who is dead-set against my yaoi (-_-;), I would certainly think about giving it up. Although, I really don't think I could fall for somebody that narrow-minded.

cassiopaeDate: Sunday, 2011-11-13, 1:21 PM | Message # 65
Private
NO, I'll NEVER stop reading. Maybe I'll read less (because I won't have time, not because I'm not interested anymore) but reading will always be there. I might become less interested in manga, but I can't see that happening at least for the next decades lol.

I hope I'll always read and re-read my yaoi books though, otherwise all the money I put in those books will be like $ thrown out of the window T__T

ast0neDate: Friday, 2011-11-18, 4:34 PM | Message # 66
Private
You know...My parents told me it was a fad that I would grow out of but 10 years later I'm still at it going strong. I can't see ever stopping my obsession and not reading the stuff ever again. As it is I have a really hard time getting rid of the stuff I don't read anymore for fear of parting with it or perhaps I might by some strange occurance read it again(though I know I don't tend to read anything more then once(unless it's yaoi...i can read a good yaoi story over and over and over again XD))

"Morals are relative"
"Logics for the weak"

harajunkoDate: Friday, 2011-11-18, 10:39 PM | Message # 67
Private
The very thought of it gives me the shivers. I can see a point where I might stop reading manga if life gets too hectic but I hope that that day will never come because manga is the only place where i can escape the realities of life.

LhaewethDate: Saturday, 2011-11-19, 9:06 AM | Message # 68
Private
hmmm giving up manga altogether? I don't know... I admit I used to read a lot more manga than I do now, RL doesn't really leave me with much time to indulge in it as much as I used to; but I still read manga, specially if it's yaoi, relatively often, and will probably start reading a little bit more once I finally buy my I-PAD and can take my little pleasures with me!
so... yeah it's a little addiction I'll probably never loose... at least it's harmless, right! ohs

Crystalc86Date: Monday, 2011-12-05, 3:31 PM | Message # 69
Private
Give it up? Nevah! Lol it is like a way for me to relax at home when i don't want to be around people. It is something that cracks me up when i can't go to others about my problems. Plus, it is also a way for me to get inspiration on drawing projects or storytelling my little nieces/nephews to sleep when i baby sit them. I often find it as a good way to forget about stress and just enjoy a story. There are hardly any good novels at the library or in bookstores anymore. All the plots are soooooo predicatable. All are about vampires or the unknown 'underworld' creatures that its become kind of redundant everytime i pick a novel and read its short summary on the back. Its depressing -.- but hey i guess its just the charm of the the 'in' pop culture at the moment.

Mangas are soooooo varying and never just constantly one type/style. That is why i am never going to stop reading mangas lol

eclipse100Date: Thursday, 2011-12-08, 8:25 PM | Message # 70
Private
At the moment I can't see myself not reading it. I may read less than before but I don't think I would stop completely.

olooreDate: Monday, 2011-12-12, 11:00 AM | Message # 71
Private
Not sure. So far I have not been able to Ds
But sometimes I'm making certain pauses and stop reading for some period (especially when there is nothing interesting to read at the moment or if real life asks for a lot of attention)

tkoDate: Thursday, 2011-12-15, 6:17 PM | Message # 72
Private
I can't imagine ever wanting to stop reading manga, but you know, I've noticed that sometimes you grow out of stuff, even if you don't want. But really, why should age or whatever matter, if a story is good, I don't care for the medium in which it's presented.

Message edited by tko - Thursday, 2011-12-15, 6:27 PM

dwindlingDate: Wednesday, 2011-12-28, 12:44 PM | Message # 73
Private
Yeah, I think around when I go off to college. Which is actually in a year or so. That's a frightening prospect.

recureDate: Friday, 2011-12-30, 8:46 AM | Message # 74
Private
i don't think i will stop reading manga
it have become my daily activities HOHO
i almost read manga everyday if there is a new chapter of the series that i like

FlaXx0RDate: Friday, 2011-12-30, 9:24 AM | Message # 75
Private
hmm right now i cant see myself stop reading manga and i dont think that i'll ever stop but as we know people will change..

PawynDate: Friday, 2011-12-30, 3:38 PM | Message # 76
Private
I don't think I will ever stuff, making some big pauses but never stop. I'm too deep into manga, hehe.

malumDate: Friday, 2011-12-30, 6:46 PM | Message # 77
Private
nnnnh....I don't think so, it's the only thing in my life that keeps me loosing faith in humanity xDDD
Hi

heeheeDate: Friday, 2011-12-30, 8:14 PM | Message # 78
Private
This is a very good question. I wonder about it often, and while I believe there is a high probability I will, I still haven't so there might be hope ^^

Sari90Date: Friday, 2011-12-30, 8:51 PM | Message # 79
Private
I don't think I will ever stop, but I will probably slow down. Compared to when I was a teen I read manga less (I'm 21).

SansDate: Friday, 2011-12-30, 9:20 PM | Message # 80
Private
I don't think I will ever stop reading manga completely, there was a time when I was so obsessed that I almost bought every manga that was published in my country and ordered tons of manga from Amazon.co.jp . Now, I still bought manga but I get very selective about them. I imagined I will still reading manga even when I become granny, and enjoyed reading them together with my grandchildren HOHO

Am Busy - Blame it on the boys!

teikaeiDate: Friday, 2011-12-30, 10:26 PM | Message # 81
Private
when i read this topic, i was suprised, coz i never thought such a kind of problem!!
happy after thinking for a while, i got my anwser--i won't. maybe i will stop reading for a period for some reasons: maybe my busy working days, maybe i get married, Ds maybe i become a mother, etc. But i will continue reading mangas for my whole life!!!!!! they're really nice things appearing in my life!

elocynDate: Sunday, 2012-01-01, 2:36 AM | Message # 82
Private
I think there will come a time when I will probably stop, not for lack of interest but probably for lack of time. And even if that did happen, I will not delete any of my manga.

Message edited by elocyn - Sunday, 2012-01-01, 2:43 AM

Roy13Date: Sunday, 2012-01-01, 11:51 AM | Message # 83
Private
Definitely never in my whole life!
A friend of my have asked me this. shock
You can't stop breathing, I can't stop reading.

majestic_stormDate: Monday, 2012-01-02, 3:37 AM | Message # 84
Private
I probably won't stop reading manga, but I might read LESS as the years go by. I think that I will always be a yaoi fangirl who will have a bookshelf with a padlock on it so that nobody will know my secret passion.

IMustBeInsaneDate: Tuesday, 2012-01-03, 0:14 AM | Message # 85
Private
If this was just a passing fancy, a short-lived obsession of mine that was replaced as quickly as it came, I would have stopped reading manga five years ago when my initial supply was cut off. I would have at least stopped reading three years ago, after the manga-online discovery wore off. But now, asking if I'll quit reading manga is like asking if I'll ever stop reading novels or watching movies. My tastes might change with time, but I doubt I'll ever stop reading it completely.

Message edited by IMustBeInsane - Tuesday, 2012-01-03, 0:16 AM

ImmaDate: Tuesday, 2012-01-03, 1:18 PM | Message # 86
Private
I don't really know about the future.
But I've been reading manga since I was young and I can't seem drop the habit. Even though, sometimes I stop when I'm very stressed with my work or studies, after that I always start again. And since the stories are really interesting I hope it will go on and on for a long time.

liahDate: Thursday, 2012-01-12, 4:50 AM | Message # 87
Private
Oohhh...will I be able to stop reading manga eh? I've been reading since I was a wee little kid with Doraemon being my first manga. I've moved on to more adult stuff though still in manga form and am still continuing to find out more and more, expanding my horizon bit by bit so hm...I don't think I'll ever be able to stop reading manga.

shnuppiDate: Friday, 2012-01-13, 11:54 AM | Message # 88
Private
As my education is becoming more important in life, sometimes i find that i have less spare time for mange. But i surely hope that i will never stop reading it! It has become a part of me, even though i usually do not tell my friends.

But it has also become more difficult to find translated mangas because of the copyright commotions-_- i hope it turns out alright!

writer4girlzDate: Saturday, 2012-01-14, 1:56 AM | Message # 89
Private
Never! Manga exists to be read and cough~worship~cough! Otherwise, it would lose its purppose in life. That, and it's too good to ever give up. T-Ups

tsuzukeruDate: Saturday, 2012-01-14, 9:25 PM | Message # 90
Private
I've been into the anime scene for a long time. I feel like an old timer. lol Though my interested with every genre and facet of the anime and manga community has flunctuated and changed as my life changes, I don't see a day where I'll wipe my hands of it completely. Will my interests change? Sure. Will how much I read change? Probably. But manga encompasses so much and such a wide variety that its like the saying they have for apps: "There's an app for that.", it can be said for manga as well. ~_^

catpipeDate: Monday, 2012-01-23, 0:42 AM | Message # 91
Private
I don't think I can ever stop reading manga. It is part of my daily to do thing.

kyuubiDate: Wednesday, 2012-02-22, 6:38 AM | Message # 92
Private
Its not like manga is my life but still there so many interesting series that I havent read and many more that are still progressing. How am I supposed to stop reading. So until I die I'll read manga and watch anime and have fun :)

orquideaDate: Thursday, 2012-02-23, 1:16 PM | Message # 93
Private
Stop reading manga?! No way.
Even very busy, I find time to read manga.

NaishoDate: Thursday, 2012-03-01, 8:14 AM | Message # 94
Private
Around 10 years ago, I was wondering whether or not there will come a time when I would grow out of anime and manga but as I am now, I don't think that would ever happen. Because right now, I see manga as more than just story and art. I'm probably one of the few (if not, the only one) that actually read manga and go gaga over the panels---yes, that's right the PANELS. Not the art. Not the story. But the panels and how they are laid out/used on page/s.

I'd also like to do illustrations (not necessarily manga) some time in the future so right now, manga is a very good reference for me.

MidoriDate: Friday, 2012-03-09, 6:49 AM | Message # 95
Lieutenant
Hey peeps~! Made a poem of how I came to love manga ^__^

~The Car~
I.
Let's pretend I'm a car, driving myself with amazing speed,
And suddenly, my wheel breaks as I reached the peak,
I, who was out of control, raced onward to the cliff,
Using the power left in my engine, I tried to shift!

II.
I awoke in a mysterious and eerie place,
This is what I get for driving in an uncontrollable pace,
But, right now, I am glad,
For at least, I am safe!

III.
Wandering around, something caught my attention!
I, who loved adventure was full of exhilaration,
I rushed towards it, with overflowing passion!
As I arrived, it was only just a story full of weird illustration!

IV.
I soon grew fond of the different story plots!
Though, the art, at first, took me by shock,
With their overly ginormous eyes and thin bodies,
As if all the main characters were perfect, oh golly!

V.
When would I leave this place or when would I stop, you ask?
I think it is when my time is over and suddenly, driving becomes a hard task,
When my engine stops working, I will rust, and like a flower, I will wither...
But for now, while I am still up and running, my answer to your question will be, "NEVER!"

-Midori-

Hey!! Sorry for my poem being too long xD So, let me tell you what actually happened n__n In the poem, I am explaining how I was surfing the internet, there were a lot of ads and I got annoyed, so, I removed all the ads and then I accidentally clicked a button saying "Click Here!" And it was actually a virus, my laptop kept blinking on and off and then there was this annoying song that kept playing (It was a "Windows Error Song") So I used all of my powah to save my laptop from death, and, unexpectedly, I did! Yaaaay~! I dunno how o.o Somehow, through some weird coincidence, I landed in MF (MangaFox).. And I saw, "Kitchen Princess (updated)", I just randomly clicked it and then it lead me to a new site and there were chapters and such and I clicked "Chapter 1" and so on and so forth. I soon became very umm.. "fond" or more like "addicted" to manga.. Let's just say, I became an otaku and the ginormous eyes did freak me out a bit, but I soon knew how to pick high-quality manga and I like shounen more than shoujo.. Is that weird? At the last verse, lies my answer of when I would stop reading manga. I explained that maybe when I'm old and dying or when I'm dead, I would stop but right now I'm still young and living, why stop? But, that doesn't mean I don't exercise! I read and exercise regularly and btw (by the way), so what if I'm an otaku?

I love reading manga I love my mom~!

qiaDate: Tuesday, 2012-08-21, 5:28 AM | Message # 96
Private
I can never imagine myself stopping; manga has been such a solace to me in hard times. Sure, occasionally I drop a series, but I usually pick them up again in a few years and there are so many series out there with new chapters coming out everyday of several series I can't ever imagine myself getting bored. Yay

kisaDate: Tuesday, 2012-10-09, 7:41 AM | Message # 97
Private
I started reading manga since I was in my childhood around 9 years old(?) and still going on. Don't think I'll be seeing myself stopping manga anytime soon with more than 10 years reading.

catpipe8473Date: Tuesday, 2012-10-09, 8:40 AM | Message # 98
Sergeant
I can't imagine myself no longer reading manga at all. I may sometimes slow down a bit but to stop - absolutely no way !!

mafia_animeDate: Friday, 2012-10-12, 10:48 AM | Message # 99
Private
Stop reading manga! NO WAY!
I've read manga since elementary school till now.
I don't think I will ever stop to read 'em in the future.
Though I've become really picky about the artwork and story compare to the old time.
I'm more into yaoi and shounen ai now. Still read the shounen though.

DarkestChocolateDate: Saturday, 2012-11-03, 1:26 AM | Message # 100
Private
For me, I actually drop manga quite often for long periods of time.
I usually stop for around 4 or 5 months, then I suddenly just pick it up again.
I used to be really picky with what I read, with art, storyline, plot and everything, but I erad a larger variety now :D

Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manhwa » Will You Stop Reading Manga?
Search: